Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2011, 03:54 AM   #31
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation
Default Re: Wow, I can't believe Portland gave Greg Oden a qualifying offer!

OP is an idiot with no knowledge on how the NBA works. If they don't give Oden the qualifying offer, Oden is going to get calls from at least 20 NBA teams. With that offer, the only competition will be teams who shell out big dollars for him. Oden is going to get major interest still and he is going to get paid no doubt about it. Portland has to protect their assets, now they have the option to match any offer that teams put out there. It also forces other teams to spend more money which helps them since it hurts the oppositions pocketbooks.

It would be one thing if Oden showed ZERO on the court but that is not the case. He was damn effective on the court and on the verge of being a top notch beast on defense and boards. Dude was shutting down prime Yao Ming on 1 on 1 coverage and controlling the paint. The only questions about Odens game is health. It's not about his lack of skill or effectiveness at all. The guy can absolutely play and be a difference maker. It's just about his health. I'm not exaggerating about saying at least 20 teams would be offering deals if Portland doesn't give him a qualifier.

Last edited by Force : 07-05-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #32
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Wow, I can't believe Portland is keeping Greg Oden!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
OP do you know how Qualifying offer and restrictive free agency works?

Clearly not.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #33
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Its a terrible situation for the Blazers. Imagine if they let Oden walk and a contending team like the Heat get him and he's really good and they win the title. It would be horrible for the Blazers and their fans.

Its much better to just pay him and keep him then watch him walk and then watch him somehow stay healthy for a year and have a lot of success.

They should just let him roll out and worry about themselves. I doubt anyone matches them.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #34
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

o well, portlands mess for 1 more year, then next year he will be unrestricted and will command less than 1 mil
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
I doubt Oden's value is MLE level quite yet.

And even then, I don't think it is likely or wise for a win-now team like the Heat to blow all its MLE on a risky player like Oden.

Hopefully he recovers and becomes a productive player.

You realize 8.8 mil is higher than the MLE right?
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: