Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
chips93

Default Recommend some old school teams to watch

im 18 and only started watching the nba about 5 years ago, with the lock out and the finals over, there's no basketball to watch, so i wanna watch some old basketball that i can download from mp2p2, so old posters, what are some cool teams that you would recommend?

i just want to watch some team from before i started following the nba, so recommend a cool team.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Re: Recommend some old school teams to watch

There's a Jazz at Pistons game from 1978 coimin on later tonight on NBA TV. Pistol Pete drops 68 in this game
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
chips93

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
There's a Jazz at Pistons game from 1978 coimin on later tonight on NBA TV. Pistol Pete drops 68 in this game

im living in europe so i dont have nbatv
Old 07-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember when I was a young man, I used to go the Laker games with George Mikan dominating. Those are some good games to watch.......

uh oh......I've said too much...........

I mean, uh.....how bout that Heavy D? He's one fine rapper....am I right?

nice save bagelred......nice...........
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Semi
Great young streetballer

Semi has decent reputationSemi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Spoiler-Alert!
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

92 olympics dream team, u can easily find all games on youtube
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I remember when I was a young man, I used to go the Laker games with George Mikan dominating. Those are some good games to watch.......

uh oh......I've said too much...........

I mean, uh.....how bout that Heavy D? He's one fine rapper....am I right?

nice save bagelred......nice...........

is you tweaking?
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
TrueGreenFan
Banned

TrueGreenFan has an OK reputation so far

1999 Celtics. A classic fat gambling degenerate named Antoine Walker was a 6'9PF who shot 3 pointer at a 29% clip. He would shoot about 7 threes per game and when one would go in he would shake his fat blubber-filled body and when all of the fat would jiggle it would be known as the "shimmy shammy" Classic
TrueGreenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
Tide
Bulls and Mavs

Tide has decent reputation

Watch the Shawn Kemp sonics. I'm by no means older, but that's my recommendation.

On the subject of old games and teams.

Does anyone remember a few years ago at the end of a game a player tossed the ball in the air to kill the last few seconds on the clock, but it came down and someone caught it and hit a shot to win the game/force overtime (can't remember)?

I feel like the game was between the pacers and the raptors, but once again can't remember.

If anyone could link me to a youtube video that would be great.
Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Late 80s/early 90s Cavs. Seriously, may be the best TEAM to not win a title. MJ was the one who stopped them when they came close. Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, Craig Ehlo. A great group of guys to watch play.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
chips93

thanks for the suggestions, ill try find some of those ehlo cavs games and payton-kemp sonic games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide
Does anyone remember a few years ago at the end of a game a player tossed the ball in the air to kill the last few seconds on the clock, but it came down and someone caught it and hit a shot to win the game/force overtime (can't remember)?

I feel like the game was between the pacers and the raptors, but once again can't remember.

mo peterson hits it to send it to OT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJXjJKbvdQ

sounds like marty funkhouser commentating
Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
im 18 and only started watching the nba about 5 years ago, with the lock out and the finals over, there's no basketball to watch, so i wanna watch some old basketball that i can download from mp2p2, so old posters, what are some cool teams that you would recommend?

i just want to watch some team from before i started following the nba, so recommend a cool team.

80s Celtics- Team basketball at its finest. A bunch of unathletic players dismantling teams with their IQ and passing abilities. No matter how athletic as a team you were, you can't move faster than the ball, and that's they did better than any team in history.

Showtime Lakers- a more athletic, flashier and exciting version of the 80s Celtics.

There's a reason why those 2 teams are regarded as two of the greatest teams of all time, and why they won so many titles during their reign.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
Status Quo
Toronto Baller !

Status Quo has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide
Watch the Shawn Kemp sonics. I'm by no means older, but that's my recommendation.

On the subject of old games and teams.

Morris peterson, raptors vs wizards
Status Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 AM   #14
Laimbeer_Rodman
Decent playground baller

Laimbeer_Rodman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
Late 80s/early 90s Cavs. Seriously, may be the best TEAM to not win a title. MJ was the one who stopped them when they came close. Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, Craig Ehlo. A great group of guys to watch play.
xcept Ehlo :)
But you're wright ,they were good
Laimbeer_Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #15
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

80's celtics and showtime lakers. some of the best basketball you will ever see
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: