Originally Posted by Lakerz_Forever
wtf, kool keith?
Top 5 would be:
1. Kool Keith: NYC legend, insane freestyles, hilarious rhymes & a lot of NBA references... reminds me of Sam Cassel at times
2. MF Doom: everything about him is dope, his aliases - the Fantastic Four character Dr. Doom inspired his mask -, his gravelly voice, the absurdness of what he rhymes about, his automatic flow..
3. Guru: one half of Gang Starr, very insightful lyrics, master of using those sick DJ Premier beats to his advantage, rather than just dropping his lines, fell off in the 90's though
4. Edan: Jewish-American rapper from Boston (& you can tell), makes the list becuz of his smarts, using the limited range of his voice brilliantly to accomodate the funk/soul/rock concoction he produces, he's on this list because of what he's capable of in the future, also becuz I usually hate white rappers, Sage Francis, cLouddead & the likes
5. A lot of other rappers I dig out there: half of Wu-Tang, Apathy, some Mos Def & Roots Manuva, Cyne & so on...