Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Default Summer wish list

1. End the Lockout.
2. A legit Shooting guard who can play 35 quality minutes.
3. A shooting coach for Brewer.
4. A mentor for Noah who can show him better post up moves.
5. A legit Offensive coordinator who can create better offensive schemes.
6. A more reliable TRUE backup PG.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Re: Summer wish list

One SG that been under the radar is Reggie Williams from Golden State. He's a restricted free agent like Marcus Thronton and Aaron Afflalo. He's 6'6-6'7, can score, defend, and play some PG. He will probably want to leave GS since they have Klay Thompson and Monta Ellis.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
1. End the Lockout.
2. A legit Shooting guard who can play 35 quality minutes.
3. A shooting coach for Brewer.
4. A mentor for Noah who can show him better post up moves.
5. A legit Offensive coordinator who can create better offensive schemes.
6. A more reliable TRUE backup PG.

Good list.

6 is the only one I have a little dispute with. CJ Watson had his struggles at points during the season, he's not a great playmaker but he had alot of games where he was partly responsible for our wins more so than any other bench player besides Taj.

Watson needs to work on his point guard skills, but I think what he showed us this year atleast merits giving him another year as our backup point guard to see if he can improve and become a "true" backup pg.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #4
tamaraw08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Good list.

6 is the only one I have a little dispute with. CJ Watson had his struggles at points during the season, he's not a great playmaker but he had alot of games where he was partly responsible for our wins more so than any other bench player besides Taj.

Watson needs to work on his point guard skills, but I think what he showed us this year atleast merits giving him another year as our backup point guard to see if he can improve and become a "true" backup pg.

I agree that CJ had several good games where he signficantly helped the Bulls to win games but it's just my opinion that the 'Bulls need to think BEYOND regular season games and envision this team battling the top teams in the playoffs. It just seemed to me the backup pgs of OKC, Denver and even Indiana were more stable than Watson.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
tamaraw08

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
One SG that been under the radar is Reggie Williams from Golden State. He's a restricted free agent like Marcus Thronton and Aaron Afflalo. He's 6'6-6'7, can score, defend, and play some PG. He will probably want to leave GS since they have Klay Thompson and Monta Ellis.

I can't say I have watched enough games of Reggie to judge him accurately but like I said, I want a SG who can play 35 quality minutes hence I would rather have a PROVEN SG than Williams.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I know what I don't want to see, more than what I want to see happen.

The Bulls are going in the right direction, we will be a better team with +1 year under our belts, even if we bring back the same exact team. The worst that can happen, are fluke injuries. IMO, at this point, you can't playstation-gamepad a team on the border of winning a ring, by screwing with it too much.

Again.

NO HEADCASES, NO CANCERS.

Other than that, I would be thrilled with whatever happens. I would blow a load allover my monitor if the Bulls can trade Boozer for someone that can stay healthy and be a clear improvement over Taj on both sides of the floor.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
methusala
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

The Bulls are going in the right direction, we will be a better team with +1 year under our belts, even if we bring back the same exact team. The worst that can happen, are fluke injuries. IMO, at this point, you can't playstation-gamepad a team on the border of winning a ring, by screwing with it too much.

Again.

Other than that, I would be thrilled with whatever happens. I would blow a load allover my monitor if the Bulls can trade Boozer for someone that can stay healthy and be a clear improvement over Taj on both sides of the floor.

Bulls are building a culture here. A team of ballplayers. **** any player that doesn't fit into the scheme they are building.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
I can't say I have watched enough games of Reggie to judge him accurately but like I said, I want a SG who can play 35 quality minutes hence I would rather have a PROVEN SG than Williams.

Reggie was starting for the Warriors a few times when Monta Ellis got hurt.

Career Stats as Starter.

16.8PPG 3.6APG 5.1RBS 72.9%FT 34.4%3PT 47.5%FG

Stats starting at SG

17.7PPG 3.5APG 4.9RBS 72.0%FT 41.1%3PT 47.2%FG

Stats starting at SF

14.4PPG 3.8APG 5.8RBS 77.8%FT 5.93P 48.5%FG

Career High in 3PT shots made is 8.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
tamaraw08

Quote:

Again.

Pls note that I wanted only a couple of players and not a handfull who can ruin their team chemistry.
I think Methusala is right, they are building a culture and coach Thibs will not tolerate any cancer.
I was hoping for other coaches like shooting gurus, an assistant coach who can help Thibs out in creating better offensive sets esp against the top defensive teams.
About Boozer, I don't think any team would give up their great player just to absorb him.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 07-18-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Pls note that I wanted only a couple of players and not a handfull who can ruin their team chemistry.
I think Methusala is right, they are building a culture and coach Thibs will not tolerate any cancer.
I was hoping for other coaches like shooting gurus, an assistant coach who can help Thibs out in creating better offensive sets esp against the top defensive teams.
About Boozer, I don't think any team would give up their great player just to absorb him.

That's why I'm comftorable in trusting management and the coaching staff to bring in the right player. We all have our personal preferences, but I'm sure that they're going to bring in a player who fits in well with the roster. We're headed in the right direction. I just hope the front office and the coaches find a good balance between playing it safe and taking a risk. We have a good thing going, but we don't want to settle into the position where we are because ultimately we want to get to the point where we're winning titles not just competing for them and getting really close.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

My biggest beef is that you have 5-6 options that will be completely suitable skill-wise. Of those, two will bring down chemistry. Who do you pick?

It's not like J.R. Smith is the greatest modern shooter of all time, like Dennis was the greatest modern rebounder by a mile. Actually, I shouldn't use that comparison, that would be an insult to Dennis.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
tamaraw08

Quote:
My biggest beef is that you have 5-6 options that will be completely suitable skill-wise. Of those, two will bring down chemistry. Who do you pick?

It's not like J.R. Smith is the greatest modern shooter of all time, like Dennis was the greatest modern rebounder by a mile. Actually, I shouldn't use that comparison, that would be an insult to Dennis.

Like I said in the separate thread, I am nervous about JR Smith, you said a "couple can bring down chemistry", who is the other one?
Do you really think Gar would take that big risk?
I really think they have nearly reached their peak defensively last year and I don't disagree Brewer can help if he is healthy and work on his weaknesses this summer, same with some other teammates.....
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #13
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Like I said in the separate thread, I am nervous about JR Smith, you said a "couple can bring down chemistry", who is the other one?
Do you really think Gar would take that big risk?
I really think they have nearly reached their peak defensively last year and I don't disagree Brewer can help if he is healthy and work on his weaknesses this summer, same with some other teammates.....
lol, Gar and risks, come on.

As for Brewer, he can't improve as a shooter. His wrist is ****ed. J-rich is my 1st option when it comes to likely players.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
Unstoppabull
High School JV MVP

Would you rather haveChandler than Noah?
Unstoppabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
Would you rather haveChandler than Noah?

I would rather have chandler than Boozer. And I would start Noah at his natural position.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: