Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #31
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
What? No he wasn't. This year and last year were probably his best defensive seasons. Ask Gar/Pax or the 2034832 fans that wanted Bosh, Boozer, David Lee and Amare.



Yeah, they had Wade on Rose BECAUSE when Bogans is out there, it doesn't matter who guards him. AKA that's an extra 16 minutes that Bibby plays without being a defensive liability. A strong offensive guard forces Wade to guard his real man, and actually guard him. For the stretches that Wade was on Bogans he totally ignored him and wreaked havoc in the passing lanes.



I really don't see the point in arguing that having to defend gets you tired faster. I've seen it happen, and it's sort of common sense.



You said you would rather have Chandler and put Noah at PF. Would you rather have that team for the regular season then? Miami is the only team we should be worried about beating in the East at this point.


So if player A and Player B plays x minutes of basketball. Somehow in this matchup, one of the two will get more fatigued than the other. I would laugh, but I feel sorry for you.

Bogans played hurt for the post-season, but he can score. Maybe not at an all-star level, but we know he makes those setup 3s, even contested.

And again, like I said before. I did NOT ever say that we replace Boozer with Chandler, and be done with it. I said, as you can scroll up and see, I would take Chandler over Boozer. There is still work to be done, including at our most important hole, that EVERYONE ignores out of their own pure pipe-dream of merely having a great starting line-up.

We do NOT have a legitimate backup at SF, which is far more important than anyone would be willing to admit. Ronnie Brewer shouldn't play ineffective minutes at the 3, when he is one of the best wing defenders, and he is one of the most athletic players in the league. He got his confidence back after his injuries, and started to make shots as well. If we fill that SF role(and for gods sake, just to have insurance if Deng gets hurt), then Brewer is far more effective and can cover 15-20ppg in a high minute roll AT the 2, not the 3.

Ideally, I'm not advocating for the Bulls to sign Tyson Chandler. I do want the other Chandler, Wilson. But I never advocated anything that stated my ideal frontcourt would be Noah and Tyson. NEVER. Just to be clear, because I know you fail to understand plain words, I would get rid of Boozer and his big salary and take in Chandler and his lower salary, if that option existed, as per the post that I responded to before you started spinning words with your selective mindset, and totally missed the point. Again, just to be clear here, and this is not a personal attack(because for all I know, you may have a learning disability of sorts), I do not want the Bulls to go after Tyson Chandler. Do you understand?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #32
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,680
dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
So if player A and Player B plays x minutes of basketball. Somehow in this matchup, one of the two will get more fatigued than the other. I would laugh, but I feel sorry for you.
When one of them has to work harder then the other on the defensive end, yes, that one will be more fatigued.

Quote:
Bogans played hurt for the post-season, but he can score. Maybe not at an all-star level, but we know he makes those setup 3s, even contested.
I've never heard that he was hurt, and no he does not hit contested three's.
Quote:
And again, like I said before. I did NOT ever say that we replace Boozer with Chandler, and be done with it. I said, as you can scroll up and see, I would take Chandler over Boozer. There is still work to be done, including at our most important hole, that EVERYONE ignores out of their own pure pipe-dream of merely having a great starting line-up.

We do NOT have a legitimate backup at SF, which is far more important than anyone would be willing to admit. Ronnie Brewer shouldn't play ineffective minutes at the 3, when he is one of the best wing defenders, and he is one of the most athletic players in the league. He got his confidence back after his injuries, and started to make shots as well. If we fill that SF role(and for gods sake, just to have insurance if Deng gets hurt), then Brewer is far more effective and can cover 15-20ppg in a high minute roll AT the 2, not the 3.

Ideally, I'm not advocating for the Bulls to sign Tyson Chandler. I do want the other Chandler, Wilson. But I never advocated anything that stated my ideal frontcourt would be Noah and Tyson. NEVER. Just to be clear, because I know you fail to understand plain words, I would get rid of Boozer and his big salary and take in Chandler and his lower salary, if that option existed, as per the post that I responded to before you started spinning words with your selective mindset, and totally missed the point. Again, just to be clear here, and this is not a personal attack(because for all I know, you may have a learning disability of sorts), I do not want the Bulls to go after Tyson Chandler. Do you understand?
So what you're suggesting is that we move Noah to his natural position (which you're suggesting isn't C) by getting another forward? Unless you actually think Chandler can start at SG... I hope you realize the way you worded it makes it sound like Tyson Chandler, and that it would be an exchange.

As for the back up 3, that SHOULD be Korver, and it will be once we get a SG.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #33
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
When one of them has to work harder then the other on the defensive end, yes, that one will be more fatigued.

It works both ways. If one has to work harder on the offensive end, whats the difference. It's a push no matter what. Again, NBA 2K's fatigue system is not like reality. Go out and pick up a basketball, play for 8 hours a day, and you'll see, its the same both ways. It's the same if you slack on one side, and work harder on the other, it's the same for both sides, because both sides burn fuel and recover. Both sides have to put out the effort, and both sides will equally fatigue. If you think for a second, that forcing Dwyane Wade to play full court basketball for 48 minutes makes him any less effective, than it makes your player, you are completely fooling yourself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I've never heard that he was hurt, and no he does not hit contested three's.

That's the problem, you don't hear anything, or pay attention for that matter to what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
So what you're suggesting is that we move Noah to his natural position (which you're suggesting isn't C) by getting another forward? Unless you actually think Chandler can start at SG... I hope you realize the way you worded it makes it sound like Tyson Chandler, and that it would be an exchange.

I think you have a difficult time comprehending anything, if that is the conclusion that you drew. So here, instead of bickering, lets try to solve this now. I'll do everything shy of holding your hand to get you through this problem of yours. So I have made a list of simple questions, then you will have answered your own post.

1.) Where did I say Wilson Chandler should start at SG?
2.) Where did I suggest that Wilson Chandler was the replacement for Boozer?

I'll wait patiently.




Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
As for the back up 3, that SHOULD be Korver, and it will be once we get a SG.

Wow, you're satisfied with Korver covering LeBron James? You must think Deng will never be hurt again. Pitiful. The Bulls wont get anywhere by ignoring the small forward position. Especially when Boozer gets hurt and Deng has to cover minutes at the 4. This is the same recipe for disaster that gave Indiana opportunities to upset us. We wont even get to Miami, if we can't be prepared for the entire scope of situations in the league.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #34
Rose
nanu nanu
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 31,274
Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Summer wish list

In all fairness, it is kind of hard to tell which Chandler you're talking about. Maybe it's because I've always referred to Tyson Chandler as Tyson, though.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #35
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
In all fairness, it is kind of hard to tell which Chandler you're talking about. Maybe it's because I've always referred to Tyson Chandler as Tyson, though.

Okay *holds hands*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppabull
Would you rather haveChandler than Noah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I would rather have chandler than Boozer. And I would start Noah at his natural position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Yeah, let's spread the floor ever less.

Assumptions. They make you look stupid every time.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #36
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,680
dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
It works both ways. If one has to work harder on the offensive end, whats the difference. It's a push no matter what. Again, NBA 2K's fatigue system is not like reality. Go out and pick up a basketball, play for 8 hours a day, and you'll see, its the same both ways. It's the same if you slack on one side, and work harder on the other, it's the same for both sides, because both sides burn fuel and recover. Both sides have to put out the effort, and both sides will equally fatigue. If you think for a second, that forcing Dwyane Wade to play full court basketball for 48 minutes makes him any less effective, than it makes your player, you are completely fooling yourself.
I don't play video games. At least not much. I do play ball though, and having to defend a scorer is tiring. There really isn't a way around it.



Quote:
That's the problem, you don't hear anything, or pay attention for that matter to what is going on.
There's no report of him being hurt, and he actually scored better in the playoffs. No one respects his scoring ability and it kills us.


Quote:
I think you have a difficult time comprehending anything, if that is the conclusion that you drew. So here, instead of bickering, lets try to solve this now. I'll do everything shy of holding your hand to get you through this problem of yours. So I have made a list of simple questions, then you will have answered your own post.

1.) Where did I say Wilson Chandler should start at SG?
Actually you said that in another thread. I'm not gonna bother finding it.
Quote:
2.) Where did I suggest that Wilson Chandler was the replacement for Boozer?

I'll wait patiently.

You suggested that you'd rather have one over the other. If you want to trade our starting, former all-star 4 for a back up 3, or try to force him to play a position (2) that doesn't best suit his skillset, I'll just thank my lucky stars that the bulls FO doesn't see things this way. Now, if you'd rather have him play the 4, you know, the position where he is actually effective, that would make a lot more sense.

Thanks for waiting, and understanding my condition.




Quote:
Wow, you're satisfied with Korver covering LeBron James? You must think Deng will never be hurt again. Pitiful. The Bulls wont get anywhere by ignoring the small forward position.
Nope, but I am comfortable with Brewer guarding him while playing as a SG on offense. Not every player is a good defender. We do have the best defense in the league though. I'm not THAT worried about who's guarding Lebron. I'm more worried about how we're gonna score.

Quote:
This is the same recipe for disaster that gave Indiana opportunities to upset us. We wont even get to Miami, if we can't be prepared for the entire scope of situations in the league.

We beat them in 5. And really? It was because Deng was hurt and Korver was guarding Lebron James? WOW. I must have missed that series. Wait, I probably did. I miss everything.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #37
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 492
methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Re: Summer wish list

Is this got damn lockout over yet?
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #38
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,680
dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Summer wish list

Ya know, looking back at this, there is no way to interpret that you were talking about Wilson.

A) the other poster asked if you would rather have our center or Chanlder. It's only natural to assume he's talking about a C.
B) You said you'd rather have him over another of our front court players
C) Tyson is clearly the more well known Chandler
D) You said you'd have Noah play his natural position. Unless you like stating the obvious, that means you think he's a PF.
E) I talked about floor spacing and how Noah and Tyson is redundant. You didn't bother correcting me.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #39
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Ya know, looking back at this, there is no way to interpret that you were talking about Wilson.

A) the other poster asked if you would rather have our center or Chanlder. It's only natural to assume he's talking about a C.
B) You said you'd rather have him over another of our front court players
C) Tyson is clearly the more well known Chandler
D) You said you'd have Noah play his natural position. Unless you like stating the obvious, that means you think he's a PF.
E) I talked about floor spacing and how Noah and Tyson is redundant. You didn't bother correcting me.


I did at first. You somehow derived that I meant Wilson Chandler for the ENTIRE thread. When I made one reference to him in a post later. I just took advantage of you rambling on with your selective memory habits. LMAO.

This is hilarious.

And No, I never said that I wanted Wilson Chandler to start at the 2. I'm 100% damn sure of that. Backup 2/3, yes, start, no. I'm an advocate of giving Ronnie Brewer that starting role, saving money on paying someone that wont help us beat Miami, and become opportunists when the RIGHT piece goes on the market(which, I believe, has not.)
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #40
dee-rose
Words and stuff.
 
dee-rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,680
dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I did at first. You somehow derived that I meant Wilson Chandler for the ENTIRE thread. When I made one reference to him in a post later. I just took advantage of you rambling on with your selective memory habits. LMAO.

This is hilarious.

And No, I never said that I wanted Wilson Chandler to start at the 2. I'm 100% damn sure of that. Backup 2/3, yes, start, no. I'm an advocate of giving Ronnie Brewer that starting role, saving money on paying someone that wont help us beat Miami, and become opportunists when the RIGHT piece goes on the market(which, I believe, has not.)
Well jesus, when you say you were referring to Wilson Chandler WTF do you think I'm going to assume? That you were referring to 2 different Chandlers without differentiating? And then you think people are stupid for not understanding what you mean

Sure, you wanted him though. Basically you'd rather have a back up then a starter. What money? We have no cap space after Noah kicks in and we have to pay Rose. Either we get some one through MLE, (which isn't likely in the new CBA) or we trade. Asik is only an asset for one more season, and his value is high right now. Taj is cheap labor for longer, so we should probably keep him. And honestly, why wait? Boozer is only getting older, Deng is in his prime, Noah will be entering it soon, and Rose wants to win now. Honestly, I think J-rich is perfect for this team. A little old, but signing him to a 2-3 year deal would be awesome, IF there is a MLE. If not, hope someone gets bought out, or try to swing a deal for Mayo. In the case of no MLE, I think it's likely we either end up with a bought out player for cheap, or Courtney Lee.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #41
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I don't play video games. At least not much. I do play ball though, and having to defend a scorer is tiring. There really isn't a way around it.

It is tiring, and it works BOTH WAYS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
There's no report of him being hurt, and he actually scored better in the playoffs. No one respects his scoring ability and it kills us.

Yes, Bogans was hurt. After the Miami series was over, the team reported Bogans as playing hurt, and Keith said himself that he had very limited mobility in his knee since sometime in January. He was supposed to have a tune-up on his knees(arthroscopic + cleanup) this offseason to get him that mobility back, then physical therapy to heal up for the next season.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Actually you said that in another thread. I'm not gonna bother finding it.
LOL... I answered this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
You suggested that you'd rather have one over the other. If you want to trade our starting, former all-star 4 for a back up 3, or try to force him to play a position (2) that doesn't best suit his skillset, I'll just thank my lucky stars that the bulls FO doesn't see things this way. Now, if you'd rather have him play the 4, you know, the position where he is actually effective, that would make a lot more sense.

Thanks for waiting, and understanding my condition.

Rethink this one. Wait, breathe in, rethink it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Nope, but I am comfortable with Brewer guarding him while playing as a SG on offense. Not every player is a good defender. We do have the best defense in the league though. I'm not THAT worried about who's guarding Lebron. I'm more worried about how we're gonna score.

That's an issue, but not as big of an issue as we make it out to be. If the Coach pushes a defensive philosophy like Thibs, rarely will you get synergy out of your offense. It's a limitation of the game. But if you have capable scorers that defend first, everything falls into place. We aren't going to get a LeBron killer in the off-season. So keep making this argument, nobody, outside of a very streaky shooter, will make a difference in just a game, but no difference in a series. We are better off building a culture in Chicago, and letting LeBron's ego continue to bring him and his team down.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
We beat them in 5. And really? It was because Deng was hurt and Korver was guarding Lebron James? WOW. I must have missed that series. Wait, I probably did. I miss everything.

What the.... LOL Put down the bottle.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #42
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,336
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer wish list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

Ideally, I'm not advocating for the Bulls to sign Tyson Chandler. I do want the other Chandler, Wilson. But I never advocated anything that stated my ideal frontcourt would be Noah and Tyson. NEVER. Just to be clear, because I know you fail to understand plain words, I would get rid of Boozer and his big salary and take in Chandler and his lower salary, if that option existed, as per the post that I responded to before you started spinning words with your selective mindset, and totally missed the point. Again, just to be clear here, and this is not a personal attack(because for all I know, you may have a learning disability of sorts), I do not want the Bulls to go after Tyson Chandler. Do you understand?


See that in bold. That is the only part of anything that mentions Wilson Chandler before you continued your selective thinking.

I do want the OTHER Chandler, Wilson.

Wow. Real confusing.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #43
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Summer wish list

We need these Lockout talks to get going and some progress to be made. I really don't want to miss any part of the upcoming season. I want an entire 82 game season. I want all of training camp. I want the entirety of the offseason. I need to start hearing rumors about who the Bulls are targeting to fit the 2 guard spot. Who they are looking at to fill out the roster to keep our depth as a strength. What the coaching staff is looking to do in order to fit the playbook to match our roster's strengths more so. I want to see what our guys have improved on during their time off.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy