Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: top10 athletic nba players all-time.

Jordan
LeBron
VC
Larry Nance
David Thompson
Spud Webb
Nate Robinson

kinda gets blurry at this point
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
so if you just compare everyone to jordan why does that list have so many people? none of them matchup to jordan in all categories

I may have explained it wrong.

I was only comparing players 6'4-6'8 or so.

And I'm also considering other factors that make some of them unique.

Wilkins and VC are great leapers, but not unique. Leapers come a dime a dozen (exaggerating of course), but 6'4 300 pd quick, agile, explosive players aren't. Neither are 7'4 300plus fast, agile, strong, players... Wilt was def one of a kind and one that I'd consider "All Time" great athlete, and so is Chuck.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
Da Heroic One
Banned

Da Heroic One has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
nate for tmac. perhaps. for some reason i recall tmac being super athletic, i guess i might be wrong.
he was athletic, but not a super freak. gerald green is athletic too, but nobody has him in their top 10.
Da Heroic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #19
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
I won't wait for 3 pages of posts before some finally brings up his name...

but what would be the definition of an ATHLETIC NBA player?

How about a player who won high jump titles on his major college track team. The same player who also was a competitive long jumper, triple jumper, shot-putter, and sprinter on that college team's 4x100 relay team? A player who tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs, outran their fastest running back, and was proclaimed the Chief's coach as a potential All-Pro at THREE different positions? A player who had TWO LEGITIMATE heavyweight boxing TITLE fights? A player who retired after leading the league in rebounding, (and averaging 22.5 rpg in his last post-season), was voted first-team all-defense, and set a FG% record that will probably never be broken...and then became, by at least some accounts, a WORLD-CLASS volleyball player? How about a player who was not only considered the strongest man in the sport...but among the strongest ATHLETES in the WORLD? The player that none other than Larry Brown witnessed shutting down the likes of Magic Johnson in a summer league game...and was doing so in mid-40's? A player that Kiki Vandewege witnessed over-powering 7-4 Mark Eaton in another summer league game...and in his late 40's at the time? A player who received a LEGITIMATE offer to come back to the NBA at age 50? A player who that had an eye-witness account of bench-pressing 465 lbs. at age 59? Or the same player who was running marathons in his 60's?

Robert Traylor? I didn't think he was that old.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber
I won't wait for 3 pages of posts before some finally brings up his name...

but what would be the definition of an ATHLETIC NBA player?

How about a player who won high jump titles on his major college track team. The same player who also was a competitive long jumper, triple jumper, shot-putter, and sprinter on that college team's 4x100 relay team? A player who tried out for the Kansas City Chiefs, outran their fastest running back, and was proclaimed the Chief's coach as a potential All-Pro at THREE different positions? A player who had TWO LEGITIMATE heavyweight boxing TITLE fights? A player who retired after leading the league in rebounding, (and averaging 22.5 rpg in his last post-season), was voted first-team all-defense, and set a FG% record that will probably never be broken...and then became, by at least some accounts, a WORLD-CLASS volleyball player? How about a player who was not only considered the strongest man in the sport...but among the strongest ATHLETES in the WORLD? The player that none other than Larry Brown witnessed shutting down the likes of Magic Johnson in a summer league game...and was doing so in mid-40's? A player that Kiki Vandewege witnessed over-powering 7-4 Mark Eaton in another summer league game...and in his late 40's at the time? A player who received a LEGITIMATE offer to come back to the NBA at age 50? A player who that had an eye-witness account of bench-pressing 465 lbs. at age 59? Or the same player who was running marathons in his 60's?

Other than that guy...how about John Havlicek or Dave DeBusschere?
If you put Wilt you need to put Ryan Hollins up there to.

Lisa Leslie>>> Wilt
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

yes wilt is a no brainer for the t10 i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I may have explained it wrong.

I was only comparing players 6'4-6'8 or so.

And I'm also considering other factors that make some of them unique.

Wilkins and VC are great leapers, but not unique. Leapers come a dime a dozen (exaggerating of course), but 6'4 300 pd quick, agile, explosive players aren't. Neither are 7'4 300plus fast, agile, strong, players... Wilt was def one of a kind and one that I'd consider "All Time" great athlete, and so is Chuck.

well why do you have earl boykins? he cant dunk or jump , i dont see how hes athletic in any way
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #22
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

jordan
wilt
bron
vc
nate
spud
larry nance
howard
dr j

who is 10th?

also, just to quell the OP's hate for kobes athleticism.. What would you guys say, is kobe a top20 nba athlete? top 30?
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yes wilt is a no brainer for the t10 i think.

well why do you have earl boykins? he cant dunk or jump , i dont see how hes athletic in any way

As I mentioned, I'm considering certain circumstances that make them great.

Earl is known to be pound for pound the best athlete in every team he's been on.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxX80NHuRs
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
NBAller
Good High School Starter

NBAller has an OK reputation so far

no order

mj
lbj
vc
wilt
amare
spud
nate
b.griffin
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #26
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this board

David Thopmson

Michael Jordan

Vince Carter

Lebron James

Derrick Rose

Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

az00m has decent reputationaz00m has decent reputation

Clyde drexler.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #28
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iverson has to be on the list.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #29
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Any list that doesn't include Vince Carter is invalid.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #30
nbacardDOTnet
Ubuntu !! V18 !!

nbacardDOTnet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
jordan
wilt
bron
vc
nate
spud
larry nance
howard
dr j

who is 10th?

also, just to quell the OP's hate for kobes athleticism.. What would you guys say, is kobe a top20 nba athlete? top 30?

@ howard

No SHAQ, No The Admiral ?

I bet you have never watched any game of 1990's.
nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: