Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #1
All Net

Default If Bulls add JR Smith, how does this improve their championship chances?

Smith averaged 12.3 points last season and shot close to 40% from three. Can he be the missing link? or is he just a bonehead who won't help them enough at the SG to make up for why they lost this year?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
BarberSchool
Good college starter

Default Re: If Bulls add JR Smith, how does this improve their championship chances?

Only question JR Smith is the answer to is:
Who can get you three 35 point games a year as well as 65 games under 9 points, and consistently get alot of highlights and turnovers ??

If the question involves winning a championship...JR smith is never the answer. Too stupid and uncoachable.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Re: If Bulls add JR Smith, how does this improve their championship chances?

Smith can help any team. He gives effort on defense(even tho it'll lead to stupid plays). He's an idiot but on a team like Chicago? Don't think he could mess with chemistry enough to make a difference. Be shipped out before it came to that. Not sure how he'd flourish in the starting role. Would give Derrick Rose another player who can create his own offense. His midrange jumper was starting to reaaaally come along. Can drive to the hoop. Has a solid offensive game can run the P&R, get others looks from time to time. Question would be if he'd play calm enough to see 32 minutes a night with the starters. Falls in love with the 3. Tries to do much. One of the stupidest players I've seen play basketball in the NBA all tho it's been getting abit better.

Worst case, Smith continues his irratic play and is used as a scoring punch off the bench who get's his own offense going. Best case, he finally gets it together and becomes that 17-19 point scorer in the lineup witch he's had the talent to do all along(mostly his fault but his role in Denver has been pretty sealed up for the past little bit)

Either way Chicago can use an upgrade at the two and having another player to create offense should help out D.Rose big time. J.R getting it together is unlikely but has potential to be one of those big time moves when you look back at it. Being realistic probably just gives them an upgrade at the 2|bench witch they need and weather they take the next step will be completely dependent on something else and not on J.R Smith. Banking on J.R wouldn't even be an option, just another piece to the puzzle that you hope can turn out to be a diamond in the rough. J.R has been and will probably always be a wild card.

If they got J.R's teammate Arron Afflalo? His perimeter D on the Bulls + his spot up shooting next to D.Rose's penetration along with his improving ability to get to the hoop I'd probably feel alot more confident if I was a Bulls fan.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #4
Miserio
I dunk on kids

0%
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
BarberSchool
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
If they got J.R's teammate Arron Afflalo? His perimeter D on the Bulls + his spot up shooting next to D.Rose's penetration along with his improving ability to get to the hoop I'd probably feel alot more confident if I was a Bulls fan.
Word.
I've been telling everybody and their mother that Arron Aflalo is exactly what the Bulls need since Rose's rookie season.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
imlmf
Banned

i don't think by lowering the team's average IQ will help improve their chances for a championship
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Nope.

The Bulls dont need a guy to take shots from Rose, instead they need a guy who makes his shots when Rose passes it to them.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
Da Heroic One
Banned

The guy that starts in front of JR would be a better fit, but we all know Aron will probably stay in Denver and JR will leave. I would have said Vince Carter before I saw his pathetic performances in Phoenix.
Da Heroic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #9
Haymaker
NBA lottery pick

The Bulls will still lack a legit 2nd option. Smith might be good coming off the bench. Bulls' mistake was signing Boozer. What a waste of money.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #10
Da Heroic One
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
The Bulls will still lack a legit 2nd option. Smith might be good coming off the bench. Bulls' mistake was signing Boozer. What a waste of money.
Not true about Boozer. Without Boozer, Rose never wins an MVP and the Bulls don't win 60+ games. Sure he is trash in the post season, but the Bulls were successful in the regular season and a large part was because of him
Da Heroic One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #11
bstickq1
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
Only question JR Smith is the answer to is:
Who can get you three 35 point games a year as well as 65 games under 9 points, and consistently get alot of highlights and turnovers ??

If the question involves winning a championship...JR smith is never the answer. Too stupid and uncoachable.

Let's look at the facts for this last season.

50 of 79 games JR scored 10 or more points
12 of those 29 sub 10 points games he played less than 20 minutes.
Only 9 of them he played 25 minutes or more.

This will come as a shock to many, but JR doesn't have a turnover problem.
Actually, he was 15th in the league this year in steal to turnover ratio.

1.2 to 1.3. He was essentially giving his team as many possessions as losing them, which is exceptional.

Nope, JR's poor decision making on the offensive end comes in the form of shot selection.

However, he was still ranked 10th for shootings guards in terms of points per shot.

And a random but strange note, he was 5th in the league for shooting guards in rebounds per 48 minutes.
bstickq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
asdf1990
College star

the bulls problem isn't at the SG position its at the PG position. They already have a SG in rose.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
Mirjalovic
Forza Lazio !!!!!!!

I like Jr Smith. He is clutch, & can win you the games.
Mirjalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #14
blablabla

jr smith improvement
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #15
asdf1990
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjalovic
I like Jr Smith. He is clutch, & can win you the games.

asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: