Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation
Default Is it possible for the Celtics to get both CP3 and Dwight Howard?

Well is it?

Rajon Rondo + Jeff Green for Chris Paul......I doubt the Hornets can find a better deal than this.

With kg and Ray's contract coming off the books, The Celtics have enough cap space for the 2012 free agency to sign Dwight Howard to a max deal.

Paul
Allen
Pierce
KG
Dwight
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is it possible for the Celtics to get both CP3 and Dwight Howard?

That lineup will never happen. It's impossible. No team can afford to pay those 5 and fill a roster.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Well is it?

Rajon Rondo + Jeff Green for Chris Paul......I doubt the Hornets can find a better deal than this.

With kg and Ray's contract coming off the books, The Celtics have enough cap space for the 2012 free agency to sign Dwight Howard to a max deal.

Paul
Allen
Pierce
KG
Dwight
Hornets can find a better deal with the clippers. I don't think Rondo is the type of player they should get. They should be getting very undeveloped players who will ensure they only win 15 games but excite the crowd. Post-CP people aren't going to be thrilled to go watch players who win them 30 games. Either be very young and exciting and terrible or legitimately good. To go from ok with an exciting superstar to mediocre team with a couple decent young players isn't going to be worth it. That's why I think they should go for Aminu/Bledsoe/DJ?/Mo? and the minnesota/clippers picks. They'd be terrible but people would have something to look forward to and some young players to watch develop. They will have 2 lotto picks(MIN,NOH) and a late first rounder(LAC) in a promising looking draft.

Last edited by yobore : 07-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It might work if Dwight has a..what do you call it...a contract that doesn't kick in big until like the 3rd or 4th season, and KG and Ray sign for a fraction of their current contracts. Because all of them right now are making at least $10 million a year.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
That lineup will never happen. It's impossible. No team can afford to pay those 5 and fill a roster.

It's possible, if KG and Ray are willing to take pay cuts or sign for veteran min.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
It's possible, if KG and Ray are willing to take pay cuts or sign for veteran min.

Even so, you would still have very little money to field a roster. You gotta remember we only have two players signed past this season.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Just... no.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

i think they may be able to pull it off but i highly doubt that Ainge would trade rondo
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish they can get both, but sadly, that's not reality.

Impossible to do unless the GM of the Hornet is incredibly retarded.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerz
i think they may be able to pull it off but i highly doubt that Ainge would trade rondo

Nothing Ainge does shocks me anymore. After taking on pet projects over the years, grooming them for seasons only to let them go as trade filler, THEN trading away Perkins last season, I'm convinced he has a 'bigger picture' scenario in his head that exists independent from anything Celtics fans can wrap their heads around.

Rondo isn't untouchable if it means a sure shot at keeping Boston relevant for years to come. Rondo is a coming attraction, while guys like CP3/Howard are the feature presentation. They're ready to be a franchise now. As much as I love Rondo, he'll labor to keep Boston afloat without a solid core of guys around him. Veterans or not, he'll need some semblance of talent around him to thrive or else he'll have to overcome some of his learned behavior and polish the perimeter game.

I think Howard is more than enough for Boston. More, more, MORE than enough. CP3 would be unbelievable but I refuse to believe that the only way to win rings in this league is through superstars abandoning ship and teaming up.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Nothing Ainge does shocks me anymore. After taking on pet projects over the years, grooming them for seasons only to let them go as trade filler, THEN trading away Perkins last season, I'm convinced he has a 'bigger picture' scenario in his head that exists independent from anything Celtics fans can wrap their heads around.

Rondo isn't untouchable if it means a sure shot at keeping Boston relevant for years to come. Rondo is a coming attraction, while guys like CP3/Howard are the feature presentation. They're ready to be a franchise now. As much as I love Rondo, he'll labor to keep Boston afloat without a solid core of guys around him. Veterans or not, he'll need some semblance of talent around him to thrive or else he'll have to overcome some of his learned behavior and polish the perimeter game.

I think Howard is more than enough for Boston. More, more, MORE than enough. CP3 would be unbelievable but I refuse to believe that the only way to win rings in this league is through superstars abandoning ship and teaming up.
True. a rondo trade could go through if he starts scoring more consistantly and thus increases his trade value. Big if though
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
TrueGreenFan
Banned

TrueGreenFan has an OK reputation so far

I'd rather keep Rondo then get Chris Paul. He's always hurt and Rondo's contract is a bargain. Getting Howard in FA is the plan. Even though I doubt he comes to Boston. I think Danny is banking on making some moves in the 2012 draft. Celtics have what 2 1st rounders and 3 second rounders? Might trade up to a top 5 pick?
TrueGreenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
I'd rather keep Rondo then get Chris Paul. He's always hurt and Rondo's contract is a bargain. Getting Howard in FA is the plan. Even though I doubt he comes to Boston. I think Danny is banking on making some moves in the 2012 draft. Celtics have what 2 1st rounders and 3 second rounders? Might trade up to a top 5 pick?

Austin Rivers
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Why in the world would KG and Ray Allen sign for veteran minimum when they clearly are worth so much more than that right now. Ray Ray just came off a season where he shot his best percentages from the field and from down-town. Garnett just had a 15/10 season.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Actually if I were the Hornets GM, I'd definetly do this deal:

Quote:
New Orleans:
Rajon Rondo
Jeff Green
Avery Bradley
Celtics 2012 1st Rounder
Clippers 2012 1st Rounder
Celtics 2014 1st Rounder

Boston:
Chris Paul
Trevor Ariza

Hornets get back their future, while pretty much guaranteeing Boston to be a better team next year as well as giving them the best chance to land Dwight.

The New Orleans Hornets are going to be relocated anyways and I think having a hometown star like Rajon Rondo might make them very attractive to a city like Louisville who's been looking to have a NBA team.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: