Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Weightlifting Supplements

Ive been lifting off-and-on for about the past 2 years or so. But I really feel that i've gotten into it with the trainer i work with now.

I'm sure i have some gym rats in here who know a lot more then me about supplements and what not. I was wondering what peoples views were on different things and what they liked to use.

ON top of that:
Any NO-explode users out there? I heard that stuff's real good for a pre-workout supplement.

Just anything you know would be very well appreciated. Thanks
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust

anybody?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I've heard that No-xplode works for some and doesn't for others. Those that it works for say they really can dial in some awesome workouts and it gives you that pumped swollen look. Those it doesn't work for say it messes with their sleep and sometimes it can give you the runs. You'll just have to try it and see.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Before you read into the hype about pre-workout powders (which I do think work great if used responsibly) you need to establish calories and nutrition.
Do you take protien? a Multi? EFA's? Are you trying to gain? Trying to get cut? What are you eating right now? When do you consume protien?
I'll tell you alot abotu No-Xplode, first, what are your goals?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust

well im like 5'11'', 147 or so pounds so im trying to get bigger. I want to be getting bigger or ripped eventually but you have to get that extra weight on too. I'm a pretty skinny guy. As for eating goes, I try to get 150 grams of protein in althought sometimes it gets hard. I drink whey protein shakes normally after workouts at dinner. I try to split up my meals and having little things at school like soy nuts, peanuts, etc. I've been drinking a lot of milk too and have been staying away from whole milk like i used to and have been drinking skim and 2%. So whats your feedback man? I appreciate it.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Mr. V
I brick open layups

Mr. V has an OK reputation so far

Creatine is the thing you are looking for. Google it and read carefully. I think it can be harmfull if you donīt cycle it right.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V
Creatine is the thing you are looking for. Google it and read carefully. I think it can be harmfull if you donīt cycle it right.
Uh, yeah he knows this seeing how he is asking about No-Xplode...

I don't take No-Xplode myself, I take the main alternate, NOX-CG3 from Xyience. Essentially the supplement is the same thing. Nitric Oxide for that energy boost and pumps, the creatine for the water management and gainer. But it also has Glutamine, which is essential for muscle gain.

Remember before you start this you MUST start taking a multi-vitamin for every morning and have whey protein for post-workouts. You being 147 pounds is very small and if you start taking the NO-Xplode you might experience immense soreness in the muscles and could develop problems for weak bones. Once you go on NOX, you must stay committed to the gym. By committed I don't mean showing up at the gym once a week for an hour, I mean go there 3-4 times a week for an hour and a half minimum. You say you have a trainer, be sure to tell him your goals, going anywhere from gaining mass in the arms, to just getting "The skinny look", it is essential you tell him so he can match you with your goal and not what he thinks looks good on you.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
InLebronWeTrust

yeah.. It seems like your into lifting a lot. How long did it take for you to get like a big change in what you look like?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
yeah.. It seems like your into lifting a lot. How long did it take for you to get like a big change in what you look like?
After starting to take NOX-CG3, I noticed gains within one week. But since your water intake must increase dramatically when you are using it, it will give the appearance of your muscles being "bigger" than they actually are at first, which I'm guessing is what I saw. Anyway, once you take it you will notice how much more pumps you get and will be able to work out for a much longer period of time which will dramatically help in the long run as well.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
InLebronWeTrust

Yeah. I get what your saying. So would you recommend that over NO-explode. I've read complaints about sleeping problems and stuff of explode users and I didn't know if you had the same case with the stuff you use. How's the price on that also? And do you think it would be alright to take me being a teen and stuff?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: