Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #16
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Raptors guard Sonny Weems signs in Lithuania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
Euroleague MVP easily

Not a chance in hell.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #17
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Damn. I really liked him...

Yeah I liked him too, coming from one of my favourite nba teams to my hometown team isn't that bad at all

Decent addition, Sonny isn't going to be leader of the team, but one of the better players on team for sure.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

he will probably become Lithuanian league's best player
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
he will probably become Lithuanian league's best player

No.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #20
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
No.
face reality, who in Lithuania can even guard him 1v1?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #21
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
face reality, who in Lithuania can even guard him 1v1?

You have got to be freaking kidding.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You have got to be freaking kidding.
Name me 5 SGs in Lithuanian League who have the quickness to stay infront of him
Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Name me 5 SGs in Lithuanian League who have the quickness to stay infront of him

quickness .. hmm, now we are going to a 100m competition in basketball
Remember, space floor is reduced in european basketball.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #24
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
quickness .. hmm, now we are going to a 100m competition in basketball
Remember, space floor is reduced in european basketball.

Just ignore him.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Euroleague please tell me how undersized midget SG Langdon is a better player than Nick Young
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #26
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Euroleague please tell me how undersized midget SG Langdon is a better player than Nick Young

Welcome to ignore.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #27
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
just like jj barea is better on mavs than nick young on any team.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #28
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whoever said he was carving a spot on the Raptors roster or on his way to rotational minutes clearly hasn't been watching toronto ball last season, although I don't blame em.

Sonny Weems regressed terribly last year. Looking for his own stats and losing focus of his role, as a defensive, hustling, fast break roleplayer. If Kleiza wasn't injured he would have been third in line at SF.

Only reason Colangelo even offered him an extension was because a) he's super cheap, b) he's best buddies with derozan and c) we're gonna suck anyways might as well see what Sonny can do in a more organized structure under Casey.

I like him going overseas. While his game isn't built for FIBA, it might force him to adjust and perform in this new restrictive role against lesser competition. He does have a very underrated mid range and he can be a beast on the defensive end with his athleticism. He'll definitely be back in north America within a year or two.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #29
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I suppose Sonny didn't have the year he/me/the craptors were hoping for last season, but I felt like some of it was just due to various injury issues and the suckiness of his team. He had some good games here and there, and I certainly think he's an NBA caliber player. I didn't see him being forced to leave the league, so I'm not sure why he chose to.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #30
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well there's probably a lockout next year, chances are for 20 games or more. So, why wouldn't he go make some coin there? Instead of playing the waiting game over here for his half a million dollar salary. He'll get some good development opportunities and the Raptors still hold on to his rights. I see this as win win pretty much
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: