Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far
Default why do people hate bron?

why are there haters out there who dislike lebron so much that u say hes overrated? cant live to his hype? and will most likely be injured.
please post as i want to know reasons.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

they can think what they want, that's what I say. I think he's proven himself enough already but he's not near to the skill he could be. I think he proved himself last year when he was with like Oscar robertson, Jerry West, and MJ for like the only third year player, or maybe it was any year player, to average 30/7/7.

If the cavs can get a good trade in here for a good point guard or a reliable and consistent big man, LeBrons numbers will go up significantly. He's just forcing shots now because other people aren't making plays.

He's an MVP candiate... LBJ haters. screw off
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im just amazed, on cold pizza today, skip bayless was arguing that Lebron isnt a great player.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
miracle06
Can barely lace up my sneakers

miracle06 has an OK reputation so far

they say that simply because the world needs haters
miracle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
im just amazed, on cold pizza today, skip bayless was arguing that Lebron isnt a great player.

I hate skip bayless more than any other sports person there is. Everything that comes out of that man is garbage. He should pay cold pizza to work on the show.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I don't think Lebron is overrated. If anything, I think he's underrated, being that he's only 21.

But I do think there's a good chance he could suffer an injury. That's just common sense. He has to play way too many minutes and is relied on too much. He's also one of the most physical small forwards to play the game (possibly in the history of the game). He takes more contact than a lot of power forwards in the league on a nightly basis.

But I do think he still has a long way to improve with his defense, and his outside shot. He seemed to have improved his outside shot, but it has digressed as the season goes on. I think part of it is poor shot selection, which translates into misses, which hurts his confidence.

I also think that we're so used to Lebron being superman that sometimes it's easy to start ragging on him when he can't do it all. I find myself getting frustrated watching him when he takes a poor shot, or only has a few points in the 4th quarter, but then I sit back and realize his numbers.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #7
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

First off, Skip Bayless is an absolute idiot. I hate that guy.

Secondly, people hate Lebron because of one simple reason. Jealousy.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Secondly, people hate Lebron because of one simple reason. Jealousy.

no...

he's just not living up to the hype... prehaps too tired? or not playing with good company? he isn't producing like last season... and the fans want to see more...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #9
duke30
I airball my layups

duke30 has an OK reputation so far

most people are just jelous cause they can never be as good as he is.
duke30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
no...

he's just not living up to the hype...

Explain that statement to me. How can he not be living up to the hype? The only one who has put up numbers even close to his in the last decade is Jason Kidd, and Kidd has never scored like Lebron.

The guy is averaging something like 31/7/7. That's almost a triple double on average.

Are you saying because he didn't win a championship yet? His team sucks, and he still helped them win 52 games or something like that last year.

They're still on pace to win 46 this year, with a team that is probably worse than last year (lost Flip Murray).

Not to mention coach Brown sucks.

Mathius
Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

No rational fans hate lebron
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #12
laurited
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laurited has an OK reputation so far

So much iīve heard this people who think LeBron is overrated, they are serious fans of any other player (usually Kobe Bryant) and thats it, only because of that.
Everything that LeBron has achieved is fair as it can be.

People i really think that LeBron would averge 35ppg already right now in this part of his carreer, but because of Cavalier bad offensive game, he just canīt. Mike Brown is not good Offensive coach
laurited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:26 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The great players in the league will always have haters and they always will.
Kobe gets hate because he is a "******", Dwade gets hate cause "the finals were rigged", Duncan gets hate cause he is "boring", Dirk gets hate cause he is "soft", Iverson gets hate because he is "too thuggish", and Nash gets hate because he "didnt deserve two MVPs".
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Explain that statement to me. How can he not be living up to the hype? The only one who has put up numbers even close to his in the last decade is Jason Kidd, and Kidd has never scored like Lebron.

The guy is averaging something like 31/7/7. That's almost a triple double on average.

Are you saying because he didn't win a championship yet? His team sucks, and he still helped them win 52 games or something like that last year.

They're still on pace to win 46 this year, with a team that is probably worse than last year (lost Flip Murray).

Not to mention coach Brown sucks.

Mathius

Nah, Tmac came close in 03...32 ppg 6.5 rebs 5.5 assts in 03. Kobe put up 30.1 pts 6.9 rebs 5.9 assts in 02...so some have come close.

Every great player gets hated on...hate is an indication of greatness. really a shame because ppl will hate and then after that player retires, they'll finally realize that they just witnessed something special and never rly appreciated
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Nah, Tmac came close in 03...32 ppg 6.5 rebs 5.5 assts in 03. Kobe put up 30.1 pts 6.9 rebs 5.9 assts in 02...so some have come close.

Those are all single season examples. I'm talking about over their career. Maybe you could add Scottie Pippen to that list. I'd have to look it up, but that sounds about right.

Quote:
Every great player gets hated on...hate is an indication of greatness. really a shame because ppl will hate and then after that player retires, they'll finally realize that they just witnessed something special and never rly appreciated

<shrug> that's an accurate statement. I can relate. I know D. Wade has put up some good numbers, but I don't like him because he's always acting hurt, and because he's always flopping to earn a foul shot. I don't like the perception that he should get more calls because he attacks the basket more and is a star.

I don't like Nash, because I don't think he puts up great numbers, I think he puts up good numbers for an all star point guard. I resent the implications that he makes everyone around him better, because the Suns haven't won anything that counts, and he never did crap in Dallas.

Mathius
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: