Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Newsflash: 4G does not exist, It's a marketing ploy.

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.co...ally-exist-yet

Quote:
The ITU has defined IMT-Advanced as a 4G standard and is currently assessing which technology should be standardised. One of IMT-Advanced’s key features is to reach peak data rates of 100 Mb/s for mobile and 1 Gb/s for fixed services along with the release of additional spectrum. Consequently, the ITU argues that a number of so-called 4G networks today are simply evolutions of 3G networks. For instance, Long Term Evolution (LTE) has been designed by 3GPP (Release 8) and is based on IMT-2000 recommendations, not IMT-Advanced – by strict definition, LTE should not be referred to as 4G.

"4G" is just a newer version of 3G

However, the ITU recently lifted marketing restrictions, allowing wireless service providers to literally re-define 3G as a newer, "faster" technology and called it "4G"

By the time 4G actually does come around, I'm sure the marketing would have passed it a long time ago. Ooh, check out Verizon's new 11G phone!
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Newsflash: 4G does not exist, It's a marketing ploy.

read this

http://discusstech.org/2011/03/diffe...een-3g-and-4g/
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea I remember reading about that on cracked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19268...ewing-you.html
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who cares what it's called?

I get DSL speeds on my phone wherever I am, and that's all that matters. They could call it 10G for all I care.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i'm not buying into 4g. i do agree it looks like a marketing ploy. i am going to wait until 4g is solidified enough in the mobile market before buying into it.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Who cares what it's called?

I get DSL speeds on my phone wherever I am, and that's all that matters. They could call it 10G for all I care.

Obviously not you. Cool reply.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm headed to Verizon within the next few months from AT&T
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Yea I remember reading about that on cracked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19268...ewing-you.html

Oh, cool, I didn't see that.

I came across some of this kinda shit a few weeks ago when I was researching Google and the fact that they're buying billions worth of unused fiber optic cable.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Obviously not you. Cool reply.

I just don't see why you think it's some kind of trick, or "marketing ploy". It's significantly improved speeds over 3G. They state exactly what speeds you can expect. They had to call it something... and "4G" seems like a nice choice. I guess they could have called it like Super-3G or something... but either way it's amazing to have full-speed internet access anywhere I go, and well worth the $80 a month I pay for unlimited everything.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
I just don't see why you think it's some kind of trick, or "marketing ploy". It's significantly improved speeds over 3G. They state exactly what speeds you can expect. They had to call it something... and "4G" seems like a nice choice. I guess they could have called it like Super-3G or something... but either way it's amazing to have full-speed internet access anywhere I go, and well worth the $80 a month I pay for unlimited everything.

What am I supposed to say to this?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
What am I supposed to say to this?
Dingleberry.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #12
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In a sense it is a trick, because the firms are using a name that is already defined, to promote something that actually ISN'T 4G. It would be like if a company advertised a plane can travel at 1 Mach, where a Mach is at 1225 km/h at standard sea level conditions, but the plane actually travels at 900 km/h. You may still think 'Damn this plane is fast' but it is nowhere near as fast as advertised.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't even have a cell phone that requires "G" and obviously can tell anything after 2G was just BS.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I don't even have a cell phone that requires "G" and obviously can tell anything after 2G was just BS.

Don't listen to the cynics.

Going from 3G to "4G" is like going from 56k dialup to broadband. I can't even imagine what it will be like when they offer actual 4G speeds. I can already stream HD video while driving down the freeway at 80mph...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #15
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

i work at t-mobile, and yes, what he said.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: