Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Amare says he will NOT go overseas, NY and Knicks are his focus.

Amare can't find insurance for his knees as it is already. Will they void his contract if he gets injured overseas? or will they have to pay up like they did with Allan houston/larry johnson and eddy curry.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Playing and getting hurt in another league gives the team the right to void the contract.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Playing and getting hurt in another league gives the team the right to void the contract.
Not if it isn't against league rules or put in that players contract.

There are some formats that a player are forbidden to join though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #34
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

Quote:

Bulls didn't void even Jay Williams's contract, who got hurt in a reckless motorcycle accident. They ended up just buying him out. Teams will not willy-nilly void players' contract, or they will be blacklisted by the agents.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #35
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Not if it isn't against league rules or put in that players contract.

There are some formats that a player are forbidden to join though.
it's standard contract language. if you want to argue semantics and the small chance that someone does not have the specific language feel free, but it's 99% that any nba player hurt in an overseas league during this lockout will have language allowing the voiding of the contract.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
Bulls didn't void even Jay Williams's contract, who got hurt in a reckless motorcycle accident. They ended up just buying him out. Teams will not willy-nilly void players' contract, or they will be blacklisted by the agents.
They actually was pretty nice to the young man, because they could have voided his contract.

This was the direct quote from his agent......

"The buyout says a whole lot," Duffy said. "You can't say enough about (Bulls chairman) Jerry Reinsdorf's willingness to handle this from the time it happened. His communication with the family and Jay and his concern, he handled it very well. People talk about the cold and calculating nature of sports, but he was willing to help him. He hasn't penalized him as harshly as he could have for the mistake he made. That's refreshing in the current business climate of this country."
Old 07-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #37
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Europe doesn't have to take in every single NBA player for this to be a problem for the owners. If four or five superstars go to Europe, that would be enough to ruin NBA for the fans and severely damage its earning potential.
lol, pro-players are such delusional morons it's not even funny anymore.
yes the NBA would be ruined.

Unless those four or five superstar were willing to take a bigger paycut compare with what the owners want right now, and a even bigger endorsement paycut, that will happen for sure
I'm not even waste time going through the teams POV, if those 4,5 players would be on the same league, different league, how would the teams be able to paid them through multi year contract, magic increase of revenues?
Quote:
I don't think you know what you are talking about. The "owner format" is used in Europe, although there are more teams that are publicly traded. Lol at the idea that clubs are "owned by the fans." What fantasy Europe is this, where fans own clubs and decide who the "owner" is?
Off course not, because i'm not from Europe, i'm not a big fan of a soccer club where i vote for the president 3 in 3 years. I guess Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have elected presidents the two clubs in Europe with bigger revenues.
If the club owns the majority of the stock, being publicly traded means nothing. Clubs are still owned by the fans, until they let someone else have the majority, which to tell the truth is happening more and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
It makes no sense to you. Tell me why international players go to the NBA if there's so much money in Europe\China whatever. There's money to bring Lebron James in but there is none to keep the top international players? I guess that, somehow, makes sense to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
There is no money in the NBA if there is a lock-out. And there is a lock-out because NBA owners want to pay the players less. Is this hard to understand?
This is so dumb, i'm speechless. I'm pointing out the fact that International team have no money to keep the best international players, and your response is that NBA teams have no money because there's a lockout... And i dont' get what the lockout have anything to do with the point i was making. You just went full retarded twice. My compliments.

Quote:
Real money in America is in football, baseball, and NASCAR.
I'm talking about soccer and international teams, somehow you come up with america. Bravo

Quote:
Just like your fantasy Europe, your fantasy NBA where a new Deron Williams comes into the league every year must be a reassuring place.
I'm not surprised, you're the moron who said i didn't know nothing about professional sport, because in your opinion nobody can't build championship teams through free agency. i lmao everytime i remember, the funny part it was because i asked you to prove your dumb pov and you couldn't so you chose to come up with that pearl of knowledge as an excuse.

But you're right, not a new Deron Williams, but better.

2010 - John Wall
2009 - Blake Griffin
2008 - Derrick Rose
2007 - Kevin Durant
2006 - Bradon Roy
Surelly not the year he was drafted.
2005 - Chris Paul
oh snap.

But i get it, Deron Williams the moment he signed that contract became the second coming of Christ for the pro-players bigots.

I don't even know what to say to you right now, try to argue with someone of your ballpark, ok? Thank you for understanding.

Edit: just adding Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Last edited by Blue&Orange : 07-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
it's standard contract language. if you want to argue semantics and the small chance that someone does not have the specific language feel free, but it's 99% that any nba player hurt in an overseas league during this lockout will have language allowing the voiding of the contract.
Niko, it isn't semantics, there is actual language that the players cannot join certain leagues.

Amar'e could get hurt in a pick up game, and his contract is not gonna get voided.

Now a buyout may happen if it were that serious, but he can go to Israel if he wants and play as well.

That will not void his contract, right now they can't even talk to him.

It isn't like last year when they told him do not play in the World Championship, and they did that because of risk of injury because they have to pay on his uninsured contract.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #39
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Niko, it isn't semantics, there is actual language that the players cannot join certain leagues.

Amar'e could get hurt in a pick up game, and his contract is not gonna get voided.

Now a buyout may happen if it were that serious, but he can go to Israel if he wants and play as well.

That will not void his contract, right now they can't even talk to him.

It isn't like last year when they told him do not play in the World Championship, and they did that because of risk of injury because they have to pay on his uninsured contract.
we are talking about players joining overseas leagues, i assumed people would think i'm talking about the situations we are discussing in these threads and not playing in Rucker Park. i mean the overseas leagues situations. If Amare goes to Israel and signs a contract to play for another pro team and gets hurt, his contract will be void (able to be voided). Every article (including specifically talking about Amare, DWill, others) has said that, every FAQ about the lockout has said that, SHeriden in his chats said that, everywhere i read said that. I'm sure someone can find someowhere something that implies otherwise and we all can assume that is the case universally so i'm not going to argue, i'm going to assume the vast majority is correct. If they go overseas, sign a pro contract, get hurt and cannot perform, contract can be voided.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #40
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
lol, pro-players are such delusional morons it's not even funny anymore.
yes the NBA would be ruined.

Unless those four or five superstar were willing to take a bigger paycut compare with what the owners want right now, and a even bigger endorsement paycut, that will happen for sure
I'm not even waste time going through the teams POV, if those 4,5 players would be on the same league, different league, how would the teams be able to paid them through multi year contract, magic increase of revenues?
NBA without Melo, Lebron, Dwill, Chris Paul, and Amare? Sure people will tune in to watch, but the league's image will take a hit, as would attendance and revenue.

Quote:
Off course not, because i'm not from Europe, i'm not a big fan of a soccer club where i vote for the president 3 in 3 years. I guess Real Madrid and Barcelona don't have elected presidents the two clubs in Europe with bigger revenues.
If the club owns the majority of the stock, being publicly traded means nothing. Clubs are still owned by the fans, until they let someone else have the majority, which to tell the truth is happening more and more.
Congratulations on naming two of only 3 clubs in Spain that are owned by fans. Now tell me what other big soccer clubs are owned by fans? You can't, because they are not.

Quote:
This is so dumb, i'm speechless. I'm pointing out the fact that International team have no money to keep the best international players, and your response is that NBA teams have no money because there's a lockout... And i dont' get what the lockout have anything to do with the point i was making. You just went full retarded twice. My compliments.
This is not hard, bro. European teams currently offer more money than NBA, because NBA doesn't pay anything. It really is not hard to understand.

Quote:
I'm talking about soccer and international teams, somehow you come up with america. Bravo
You are trying to make some weak point about how basketball isn't even the most popular sport in Europe. Well, is it even close to being the most popular sport in the US? It isn't, and the owners should very well be careful not to
stunt its growth.

Quote:
I'm not surprised, you're the moron who said i didn't know nothing about professional sport, because in your opinion nobody can't build championship teams through free agency. i lmao everytime i remember, the funny part it was because i asked you to prove your dumb pov and you couldn't so you chose to come up with that pearl of knowledge as an excuse.
How about you tell me exactly what championship team was built through free agency, other than the few exceptions like Shaq to Lakers (who already had all the supporting players). Teams are built through the draft and trades. If you have a real argument other than ******ry, why don't you present it? because ******ry is getting old.

Quote:
But you're right, not a new Deron Williams, but better.

2010 - John Wall
2009 - Blake Griffin
2008 - Derrick Rose
2007 - Kevin Durant
2006 - Bradon Roy
Surelly not the year he was drafted.
2005 - Chris Paul
oh snap.
Yeah, so every draft some good players get drafted. So that means the league is full of top-tier talent? There are 30 teams, and players are declining and retiring every year. NBA can't really afford to lose top-tier talent.

Only thing you win at is homosexuality, but you do it convincingly.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #41
Keith
old school new school

Keith has an OK reputation so far

The lockout has Amare by the balls. If he goes overseas he defenitely will get hurt and that contract he signed last year gets taken away.

He looks stupid since he won't get paid here.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #42
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
NBA without Melo, Lebron, Dwill, Chris Paul, and Amare? Sure people will tune in to watch, but the league's image will take a hit, as would attendance and revenue.
A hit? So what happened to the ruin and severely damage.
Quote:
Congratulations on naming two of only 3 clubs in Spain that are owned by fans. Now tell me what other big soccer clubs are owned by fans? You can't, because they are not.
I canít because itís a fantasy, remember? But in my fantasy last year 3 of the 4 teams that played the two finals of the 2 european leagues were still owned by fans.
And now only matters what you think are big soccer clubs. I must try that, change my arguments at a middle of a discussion so that i can keep the illusion of how awesome i am.

Quote:
This is not hard, bro. European teams currently offer more money than NBA, because NBA doesn't pay anything. It really is not hard to understand.
Oh so Europe and china being good options were based on this perpetual NBA lockout. It makes sense.
Quote:
You are trying to make some weak point about how basketball isn't even the most popular sport in Europe. Well, is it even close to being the most popular sport in the US? It isn't, and the owners should very well be careful not to
stunt its growth.
Good point, doesn't change the fact that there aren't $2 billions in europe\china.

Quote:
How about you tell me exactly what championship team was built through free agency, other than the few exceptions like Shaq to Lakers (who already had all the supporting players). Teams are built through the draft and trades. If you have a real argument other than ******ry, why don't you present it? because ******ry is getting old.
You know what... you should get on the phone with Pat Riley right now, he didn't receive your memo... and Walsh, and Jerry West for getting Shaq, warn him he got lucky, he should not do it again, and the guy from the Suns that shipped Marbury to get Nash, I could be here all nightÖ basically all the GM's that have acquired pieces in free agency that help them build a contending team.

Can i reverse-engineer you argument? I can? Thank you. How many teams win a championship every year? One right? How many teams draft and trade every year? All of them right? Therefore draft and trading are useless to build a championship team. Do i look dumb saying that?

Have a nice life Kevin.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #43
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

A blurb from the NY Post about this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7970
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #44
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RMWG making a lot of sense with his posting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rose going overseas tbh. Would give me a new team to support.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: