Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Does anyone have experience with mediation?

I played around with meditation a while ago. What worked for me is while I'm breathing focus only on the breath as it moves through my lungs. Paying attention to how your body accepts the breath is a good technique to keep all the thoughts out of your head, then you will just feel at ease after about 5 minutes of that.

I do yoga 1-2 times a week. Its basically saving my body. Yoga gives you alignment and flexibility, which are very important if you want to avoid injuries. When I started I couldn't touch my toes, now I can put my fists on the ground no problem. The female to male ratio does not hurt either. I never tried yoga high, I think I'll do that next time.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Does anyone have experience with mediation?

I did it when I was playing ball in college for my flexibility and balance, and you'd be shocked what it does for your practical strength, you know, like the stuff you actually might use while really doing something in real life. And I know tons of girls who do it now. Including one friend who's a certified instructor and she preaches it.

I like the Bikrim stuff in the heat because it rips through a lot of calories too, but it's not for beginners generally.

I'd really like to get back into it. Because of my knees I'm really limited to how much I can do in a traditional gym setting these days.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: