Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Joakim Noah to play for Team France. Question: Did he have a shot at Team USA?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...Championships.

Just wondering if anyone else thought he might have had a chance with Team USA. If the American squad has anything like a weakness it would be the Center position and Noah is about as good as any American center other than Howard. It's easier to make the French team and it'd be a more significant and appreciated accomplishment to win something with France (a bronze finish over there would probably be more appreciated than a gold medal here where anything less than #1 is an embarrassing failure). But they have almost 0 chance to win gold. Anyone think he couldn't have made the American squad? I heard about Perk getting an invite, and Noah is a better overall player (Perk brings a nasty edge to the whole team though).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
gmoney9
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Joakim Noah to play for Team France. Question: Did he have a shot at Team USA?

I thought Chandler was the other C?
Hibbert might be able to develop as a C option for the next squad after this
gmoney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

Default Re: Joakim Noah to play for Team France. Question: Did he have a shot at Team USA?

so just how long will it take until EuroLakas is claiming Noah is a European player?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
MMKM
Off the Meds.

No shot
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Funnyfuka
Banned

doesnt deserve to be in any. Teamfrance sucks, and he shouldnt even be in the nba.
Funnyfuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
magnax1
Banned

Traitor! Another player that should be charged with treason along with Chris Kaman!
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
millwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
Traitor! Another player that should be charged with treason along with Chris Kaman!

Joakim Noah's dad is born and raised in France to a french mother and cameroonian father. His mother is Swedish.

So Joakim Noah is 50% swedish, 1/4 french and 1/4 cameroonian.. Nothing american in his genes.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Rnbizzle
Banned

I thought France had a pretty decent team right now, compared to the past.. Besides he has nothing American in his blood so yeah.. I can see why he'd rather play for France.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Not calling him "traitor" or anything but almost no one in the NBA has a lot of "American" blood. Nation of immigrants and all that.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

He does have a shot but USA can find a player who can replace him easily.. He's a dime in a dozen for team usa while the opposite in france.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Joakim Noah's dad is born and raised in France to a french mother and cameroonian father. His mother is Swedish.

So Joakim Noah is 50% swedish, 1/4 french and 1/4 cameroonian.. Nothing american in his genes.

I see you are on the foolish Lakas train.

dude was born in New York and has lived his whole life in the US. He didn't even get his French citizenship until 2007.

He is an American.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
millwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

I see you are on the foolish Lakas train.

dude was born in New York and has lived his whole life in the US. He didn't even get his French citizenship until 2007.

He is an American.

First of all, I've never heard of any "Lakas" on ISH...

And as far as I care, Joakim Noah's father is french, his mom is swedish, what's the big deal with him playing for France? In my eyes it's just as cool for him to play for Sweden and France as it is for him to play for USA...

And no, he hasn't lived in the US his whole life, he lived in Paris from 1988 to 1998, that is 10 years..

Last edited by millwad : 07-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
kaiteng
Banned

Good for Joakim for having many choices of national teams to play. With USA, he won't get a lot of playtime because of Howard and Chandler.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
First of all, I've never heard of any "Lakas" on ISH...

And as far as I care, Joakim Noah's father is french, his mom is swedish, what's the big deal with him playing for France? In my eyes it's just as cool for him to play for Sweden and France as it is for him to play for USA...

And no, he hasn't lived in the US his whole life, he lived in Paris from 1988 to 1998, that is 10 years..

pray you dont get sucked into a Lakas/EuroLeague debate

as for Noah, I guess I was wrong that he has been here his whole life but that is not the point. The point I was making is he is not a European.

I don't care that he is playing on the French team. I never said he couldn't or shouldn't.

I was just poking at Lakas/Euroleague's tendency to claim people are European ballers when they most certainly are not. Manu Ginobili is an excellent example of this.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
millwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
pray you dont get sucked into a Lakas/EuroLeague debate

as for Noah, I guess I was wrong that he has been here his whole life but that is not the point. The point I was making is he is not a European.

I don't care that he is playing on the French team. I never said he couldn't or shouldn't.

I was just poking at Lakas/Euroleague's tendency to claim people are European ballers when they most certainly are not. Manu Ginobili is an excellent example of this.

Haha, the Euroleague guy is a clown, I don't stand for anything he's writing on this site..

I still don't understand why you claim that he guy's not european, his mom is 100% swedish and his dad is born and raised in France to a cameroonian father and french mother.

And Joakim has lived in Paris for 10 years and his mom and dad are from Europe, of course the guy's european.. He's more european than american.

But lets not get confused, he's an american product regarding basketball but that doesn't make him less european and that doesn't make him an european basketball product..

And haha, I don't agree a bit about Manu being european, those who claim he is are clowns but this is different, Joakim's parents are french and swedish and the guy has lived in France for 10 years..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: