Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #16
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shane Battier was not happy that the Rockets traded him

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
no state income tax in Texas....he loses money when they trade him out of state

Always a killer.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 AM   #17
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
Did he join the 2008 team moron? He joined a team that had Kwame, Luke and Radmanovic playing starter mins. Unless you claim Fisher had a vision of Pau Gasol getting traded before he signed.

Hey thanks for listing all their best players and making them sound like they were lottery bound, in that sense it was a step up, since he left a team with Jarron Collins, Fesenko, and Morris Almond.

I don't know what bush league you were watching at the time, but clearly the Lakers had a lot of set pieces and weren't far from putting a quality squad together, one of the pieces they were looking for was an affordable point guard, and Derek's name had been brought up many times BEFORE there were any issues with his daughter. No one saw Gasol as being that piece, but most knew they'd at least get a good player or two which would put them in the hunt for a championship.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 AM   #18
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star

StacksOnDeck has decent reputationStacksOnDeck has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Hey thanks for listing all their best players and making them sound like they were lottery bound, in that sense it was a step up, since he left a team with Jarron Collins, Fesenko, and Morris Almond.

I don't know what bush league you were watching at the time, but clearly the Lakers had a lot of set pieces and weren't far from putting a quality squad together, one of the pieces they were looking for was an affordable point guard, and Derek's name had been brought up many times BEFORE there were any issues with his daughter. No one saw Gasol as being that piece, but most knew they'd at least get a good player or two which would put them in the hunt for a championship.

They just came from a season of another first round exit, lost in 5 games yet most thought they were 1 piece away from being a contender?

No one knew they would get Gasol. Stop. You're digging a bigger hole.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #19
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Idiot.
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #20
Theoretic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Theoretic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Stop it.
Theoretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #21
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Did he join the 2008 team moron? He joined a team that had Kwame, Luke and Radmanovic playing starter mins. Unless you claim Fisher had a vision of Pau Gasol getting traded before he signed.

I don't believe he foresaw a title, but I do believe the opportunity to be a starter again in los angeles rather than a backup in utah factored heavily into how he approached the situation.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 AM   #22
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star

StacksOnDeck has decent reputationStacksOnDeck has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
I don't believe he foresaw a title, but I do believe the opportunity to be a starter again in los angeles rather than a backup in utah factored heavily into how he approached the situation.

Sure. I wouldn't disagree with that but to claim he went to LA for championships is absurd considering that roster they had.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #23
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
They just came from a season of another first round exit, lost in 5 games yet most thought they were 1 piece away from being a contender?

I think you forgot to count Fisher into your equation, because that adds up to more than one piece, and a critical piece at that. They needed a point guard badly and filled that spot perfectly with Fisher, all they needed after that was a star or a couple sub-stars. They might not have been contenders in 2007 had they not got Gasol, but probably would have made a trade for another player instead, and then been aggressive in the offseason maybe getting another good player or two. Disagree all you want, but after adding Fisher they were only a player or two away from making a run for the championship, and Jerry Buss isn't one to stand pat when he's that close.

Quote:
Sure. I wouldn't disagree with that but to claim he went to LA for championships is absurd considering that roster they had.

Ah, back to the point I was trying to make in my original post, that Fisher MIGHT not have been entirely non-opportunistic, and ONLY concerned for his family when choosing the Lakers.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 07-12-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #24
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I think you forgot to count Fisher into your equation, because that adds up to more than one piece, and a critical piece at that. They needed a point guard badly and filled that spot perfectly with Fisher, all they needed after that was a star or a couple sub-stars. They might not have been contenders in 2007 had they not got Gasol, but probably would have made a trade for another player instead, and then been aggressive in the offseason maybe getting another good player or two. Disagree all you want, but after adding Fisher they were only a player or two away from making a run for the championship, and Jerry Buss isn't one to stand pat when he's that close.

Ah, back to the point I was trying to make in my original post, that Fisher MIGHT not have been entirely non-opportunistic, and ONLY concerned for his family when choosing the Lakers.

way to go laker fans...... taking a non laker thread and making it all about the lakers..... PATHETIC
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretic
Stop it.

Great first post.

Chalkmaze, your butthurt levels are off the charts. You give Jazz fans a bad name.

Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

The Lakers weren't a legit title contender in 2008 until Pau Gasol showed up. They weren't even an option when Fisher came back to LA. All that other Fisher-related stuff is just horseshit.

Dude left money on the table to come back to LA and get his daughter the treatment she needed. End of discussion.

Last edited by Derka : 07-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Derka is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: