Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Andrei Kirilenko Officially Signs With CSKA Moscow (Link)

http://www.euroleague.net/euroleague...s/i/87809/5611

CSKA MOSCOW brings back Kirilenko

Forward Andrei Kirilenko (30 years old, 2.06 meters) will wear CSKA Moscow uniform again after a 10-year American stint and will also make his Turkish Airlines Euroleague debut. The contract with Kirilenko, a 2011 EuroBasket All-Tournament team member, is signed for three years with an NBA return option. The player went through medical tests in GMS Clinic on Monday and plans to practice with the team for the first time Tuesday.

Kirilenko started his pro career in Spartak St. Petersburg at age 16 and took CSKA Moscow offer a year after. He spent two years in the army team, he was chosen in the first round of NBA draft and signed his first contract with the Utah Jazz in 2001. He played for 10 seasons, had legendary John Stockton and Karl Malone as teammates, was an NBA All-Star, led the league in blocked shots and was chosen to NBA All-Defensive Teams. Kirilenko led Team Russia to 2007 EuroBasket gold, taking the MVP honors and FIBA Europe Player of the Year trophy. He helped the team to win the EuroBasket bronze in 2011 taking the All-Tournament team honors. Kirilenko contract with Jazz has expired in July and the forward signed with CSKA as a free agent. Still the conditions of the agreement allow Andrei to terminate the contract in a month after the lockout ends to sign with the NBA team. Otherwise he had to remain with CSKA until the end of the season. Last season Kirilenko averaged 11.7 points, 5.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 64 appearances with Utah.

"I am glad to be back to the team where I spent the years of adolescence." Kirilenko said. "Itís a pleasure to have a chance to play for Russian fans, my friends, relatives. CSKA has a very strong team, great coach, excellent players. Itís great when the highest goals are ahead of you. Itís especially interesting to play under the load of responsibility. I am sure that we are able to solve any task together. Iíd like to mention also that all the money earned in Russia I will send to Kirilenkoís Kids charity foundation. The foundation will help the children hospitals and charity-schools, sport schools, sport veterans and the basketball players who became the disabled persons."

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Euroleague.net
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Andrei Kirilenko Officially Signs With CSKA Moscow (Link)

According to media reports, it is a 3 year $24 million contract.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #3
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Iíd like to mention also that all the money earned in Russia I will send to Kirilenkoís Kids charity foundation.

All of it? Nicely done.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Fck no :/

CSKA is in same group with Zalgiris, I hope we can sign Kaman. With our without him we gonna rape CSKA in Euroleague opener.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

AK's career arch is baffling to me. In his early years he was one of my favorite up and comers but he didn't develop well. His exploits are legend in Utah--he's a wild guy....too bad he's not an animal in the gym/weight room.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
All of it? Nicely done.
you gotta give him props for that, I agree.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #7
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Who do you see AK47 signing with in the NBA? I totally see him on the Nyets or as Dwight Howard's front court buddy. What a tandem they would be! Maybe even a power forward in the Pacers system
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
Qwertyazerty
Decent playground baller

Qwertyazerty has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Fck no :/

CSKA is in same group with Zalgiris, I hope we can sign Kaman. With our without him we gonna rape CSKA in Euroleague opener.

Zalgiris is a great team but, on the paper, CSKA looks like one of the main contenders to the title. Teodosic, Gordon, Kirilenko, Khryapa, Kristic and a bench with Meija, Voronov, Siskauskas, Lavrinovic… Wow
Qwertyazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Lebowski has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
All of it? Nicely done.

That is really nice! I hope that it is an Russian charity. Russia needs more philanthropists, the few that got theirs during the collapse need to even it out a bit.

Great news for CSKA and the Euroleague. Why three years tho? What is the point if he got the NBA-option. A one-year at the time would make more sense? Is he done with the NBA?
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer

Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kirilenko is a free agent,returns to his homeland on a lucrative contract and yet he asks for an NBA out.Shows how much he respects euroleague as a competition.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
Kirilenko is a free agent,returns to his homeland on a lucrative contract and yet he asks for an NBA out.Shows how much he respects euroleague as a competition.

He used them as his back up plan. He is not like those NBA scrubs and drop outs who rather make a name of themselves and play then sit at the end of the bench. He is a good player and CSKA is already a strong team without him. They would be one of the strongest team with him. Kirilenko game translate well in Europe.

Last edited by Rooster : 10-04-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty
Zalgiris is a great team but, on the paper, CSKA looks like one of the main contenders to the title. Teodosic, Gordon, Kirilenko, Khryapa, Krstic and a bench with Meija, Voronov, Siskauskas, LavrinovicÖ Wow

Yeah I have em as main contenders tbh.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #13
Rent
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Rent has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak

or shows that he's not yet ready to leave the NBA (specifically the team that supported him even when he was sustaining numerous injuries) after 10 years..........

When you're use to something, you tend to want to stick with it. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that since you lack basic logic.

Last edited by Rent : 10-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #14
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

CSKA pretty much locked up that Euroleague title with this signing...Kirilenko would propel any euro team to contention, not even talking about stacked Moscow club
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

So this has an out clause? I'd imagine he would thrive in Milwaukee.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: