Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Big#50
College star

Big#50 has an OK reputation so far
Default The 2006 Lakers

I think this team had a chance to be in The Finals. They had a smaller chance to be champs, but they had a chance. People call the other players scrubs, and try to Give Kobe credit for making the first round with such cast. Those are not Lakers fans. Doubt they even watched games.

Kobe took 27 shots a game. Lamar had like 14/9, Smush 11/5, Mihm 10/7, Kwame 7/7, Cook 8/6. While losing Chris hurt in the playoffs (we will get to this) , Kobe should have used them more. Give all those guys an extra shot or two and Kobe has possibly 4 or 6 double digit scorers. Kobe still takes about 20/22 shots a game. They had good paint D and rebounding. The team would stand around watching Kobe chuck, but still played good. They were ranked in the middle if I remember (defense). Kobe needed to trust these guys all year long. They would have given more effort. Instead he waits till the second half of game7.
Big#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
b1imtf
Final

b1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The 2006 Lakers

I don't think they would've gone through the Mavs
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Im not a kobe fan at all but those teams were super garbage it was amazing he got them to the playoffs.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

yeah of course, everyone knows kobe is a scrub and never trusted his teammates. if he had, he would have 15 rings by now with all the talent hes had on his team. odom was a legit all nba 2nd teamer, and smush 3rd teamer. studs if you ask me.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

2006 Lakers had chance to make it to the finals?... When Luke fvcking Walton and Smush Parker are starters you know your team sucked ********.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was always sayin' get Smush his touches, and when you pass to Kwame he will often not mishandle the pass and turn it over.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Big#50
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
2006 Lakers had chance to make it to the finals?... When Luke fvcking Walton and Smush Parker are starters you know your team sucked ********.
You didnt watch. STFU
They were one game away from beating the Suns. They beat the Clippers if they advance. The Mavs are tough but Kobe could have scored at will on them. Lamar had and advantage anyone the Mavs put on him. I said chance BTW.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#50
You didnt watch. STFU
They were one game away from beating the Suns. They beat the Clippers if they advance. The Mavs are tough but Kobe could have scored at will on them. Lamar had and advantage anyone the Mavs put on him. I said chance BTW.
Just to make you feel better, i'll agree with you.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think this team had a chance to be in The Finals. They had a smaller chance to be champs, but they had a chance. People call the other players scrubs, and try to Give Kobe credit for making the first round with such cast. Those are not Lakers fans. Doubt they even watched games.

If you think that the 2006 Lakers had a chance to be in the Finals, then its obvious that you're trolling.

Quote:
Kobe took 27 shots a game. Lamar had like 14/9, Smush 11/5, Mihm 10/7, Kwame 7/7, Cook 8/6. While losing Chris hurt in the playoffs (we will get to this) , Kobe should have used them more. Give all those guys an extra shot or two and Kobe has possibly 4 or 6 double digit scorers. Kobe still takes about 20/22 shots a game. They had good paint D and rebounding. The team would stand around watching Kobe chuck, but still played good. They were ranked in the middle if I remember (defense). Kobe needed to trust these guys all year long. They would have given more effort. Instead he waits till the second half of game7.

Gee, I wonder why Kobe took 27 shots a game.

Smush Parker was a garbage player, who was very inconsistent during the course of both years with the Lakers.

Kwame, who absolutely was garbage on offense, has yet to average 12 ppg.

Brian Cook was another garbage player, both on the offense and defense.

Chris Mihm would have been a great backup center to Bynum, if he kept himself healthy throughout his time with the Lakers.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

While I think the 06 lakers were in no way shape or form championship caliber, they're better than they get credit for. The problem when rating players is people don't rate them according to the time they played in. Case and point chris mihm. He was honestly one of the. Better centers in 06. Definately top 10. But he was a top 10 center in a league that had terrible centers. Kwame was a bust as far as number 1 picks go, but he was one of the better bigmen defenders in the league. Odom was good. And smush parker was at worse a very good defender.

I think if they played more of a team game, they win at least 50 and get out of the first round
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

It's just unfortunate that the Western Conference was super crazy. 8 seed in the West = top 4 in the East. Didn't half the top 8 in the East have a losing record that year? Or was it the year before...or after.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
Big#50
College star

LOL didn't say anything bad about Kobe and his legions come out to his rescue. They have to call other players scrubs. I mean 19/11/5 ON 50% are scrub numbers in the post season. 13/7 on 52% is pretty good for a big and he averaged only one and a half to's in those playoffs, his best play ever btw. Walton 12/6 , only Smush played bad, playing D on a Suns PG can hurt you, though.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Big#50
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
While I think the 06 lakers were in no way shape or form championship caliber, they're better than they get credit for. The problem when rating players is people don't rate them according to the time they played in. Case and point chris mihm. He was honestly one of the. Better centers in 06. Definately top 10. But he was a top 10 center in a league that had terrible centers. Kwame was a bust as far as number 1 picks go, but he was one of the better bigmen defenders in the league. Odom was good. And smush parker was at worse a very good defender.

I think if they played more of a team game, they win at least 50 and get out of the first round
Finally a quality post. Mihm getting injured hurt our chances big time. Kwame was playing great one on one D that season, though. I doubt most of these stans watched one game that year.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
ZaaaaaH
M V P

ZaaaaaH has not been impressing people

Quote:

Lakers had a EASY ride to Finals once they get pass by the Elite Suns that year.

No Doubt Kobe would of Torched the Clipz and Mavs just like he did during the season. Bottom line No One could stop Kobe that year on defense, Playing better O against the Lakers at the time was best way to neutralize Kobe which Suns did best with Fast Pace style.

Anyone who dont understand this obviously is a Kobe hater or just didnt follow NBA at the time.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
Big#50
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
If you think that the 2006 Lakers had a chance to be in the Finals, then its obvious that you're trolling.

Gee, I wonder why Kobe took 27 shots a game.

Smush Parker was a garbage player, who was very inconsistent during the course of both years with the Lakers.

Kwame, who absolutely was garbage on offense, has yet to average 12 ppg.

Brian Cook was another garbage player, both on the offense and defense.

Chris Mihm would have been a great backup center to Bynum, if he kept himself healthy throughout his time with the Lakers.
The Mavs would be favored big in the WCF, but we had a chance to beat them. Same with the Heat. How am I trolling?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: