Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
ahhh you lakers fans...this years suns team is a different team...we have a inside prescence so we wont get domintated as much...plus we will be able to get to the free throw line with amare

but if anyone could come up with a gameplan for this years team leave it to phil

agreed, Amare and Kurt change things. But they also wont have TT shooting 55% from three while playing center. I'd rather have AMare but that made them really hard to guard on the pick and roll.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #17
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
ahhh you lakers fans...this years suns team is a different team...we have a inside prescence so we wont get domintated as much...plus we will be able to get to the free throw line with amare

but if anyone could come up with a gameplan for this years team leave it to phil

Yeah Phil was a genius last year, but he'd need a new game plan this year.

The whole idea was an offense designed at getting the ball inside to Kwame or Lamar and keeping the Suns out of the paint on defense. This year, Amare and KT will hopefully be healthy and their is no way you can beat them by giving it to Kwame as much and isolating Lamar in the post on Marion. Amare is good at weakside blocking and KT is pretty much good at anything defense related in the paint.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #18
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

steve nash is the engine that gears the suns. if you stop the engine you stop the car.

the way the spurs do it, is they clog the lane. the way the suns shooters get open shots is because nash drives the lane, the defense collapses on him and he kicks out to wide open shooters...or he drives, the defense collapses and he passes or alley oops to marion or amare.

the spurs defensive rotation is what makes this effective. when nash blows by parker he doesnt chase nash, he goes and defends the next guy while someone else, say bowen, cuts off nash. then when nash looks back to pass to the guy bowen was guarding, thinking he is open, parker is already on him, so that eliminates the wide open three.

the dunks amare gets, you just have to let go, but if you shut the perimeter down, its hard for the suns to win, because ultimately they live by the three and they die by the three.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #19
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
steve nash is the engine that gears the suns. if you stop the engine you stop the car.

the way the spurs do it, is they clog the lane. the way the suns shooters get open shots is because nash drives the lane, the defense collapses on him and he kicks out to wide open shooters...or he drives, the defense collapses and he passes or alley oops to marion or amare.

the spurs defensive rotation is what makes this effective. when nash blows by parker he doesnt chase nash, he goes and defends the next guy while someone else, say bowen, cuts off nash. then when nash looks back to pass to the guy bowen was guarding, thinking he is open, parker is already on him, so that eliminates the wide open three.

the dunks amare gets, you just have to let go, but if you shut the perimeter down, its hard for the suns to win, because ultimately they live by the three and they die by the three.

I actually thought the Spurs played the 3 point line VERY well against the Suns. I've never seen any team play that well against their 3 point shooters. It's frustrating as a Suns fan, but I agree with most of what you said. The Spurs are great at rotating when someone gets beat. It's amazing.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #20
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

- Make them play defense inside. Force the action in the paint and no bad jumpshots

- Make Nash beat me scoring. Stay home with everyone and don't give up drive and kick threes.

- Don't run with them

- Win the rebounding battle
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
- Make them play defense inside. Force the action in the paint and no bad jumpshots

- Make Nash beat me scoring. Stay home with everyone and don't give up drive and kick threes.

- Don't run with them

- Win the rebounding battle

sounds like the Suns should be really worried about the Jazz and the Spurs
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #22
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
sounds like the Suns should be really worried about the Jazz and the Spurs
In a 7 game series, the Spurs are the team I would fear the most.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #23
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I actually thought the Spurs played the 3 point line VERY well against the Suns. I've never seen any team play that well against their 3 point shooters. It's frustrating as a Suns fan, but I agree with most of what you said. The Spurs are great at rotating when someone gets beat. It's amazing.

yup, the only way to beat the suns is have a great defensive rotation. the only other way to beat the suns is if they beat themselves by going cold on shooting.

the spurs rotation takes almost a year or two to learn fully. that is why when new players come onto the spurs, it usually takes them a full season to get used to the rotation. barry, finley, rasho, oberto, stephen jackson, manu, etc. they all were ineffective their first years and then started to get into the rotation when they learned it.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

to beat the Suns, you need to play rough and have the refs on your side. these guys actually "PRACTICE" which is why their shooting is at such a high clip.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #25
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
yup, the only way to beat the suns is have a great defensive rotation. the only other way to beat the suns is if they beat themselves by going cold on shooting.

the spurs rotation takes almost a year or two to learn fully. that is why when new players come onto the spurs, it usually takes them a full season to get used to the rotation. barry, finley, rasho, oberto, stephen jackson, manu, etc. they all were ineffective their first years and then started to get into the rotation when they learned it.
Agreed. I don't see them play that much, but everytime they play the Suns, I tend to get angry because they can't get an uncontested shot up.

I'm still bitter over Raja missing that FT at the beginning of the year.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #26
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The Suns halfcourt offense relies heavily on dribble penetration and ball screens.

Limit those options and they struggle.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #27
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
to beat the Suns, you need to play rough and have the refs on your side.

Seriously, does any other team get away with more moving screens?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

you could do what that college coach did a year or so ago, i think it was the Temple coach.
put your scrubs (i think the word he used was "goons") in and start a hackin' and try to start a fight and hope their starters get ejected. then put your starters back in and run up the score.

on a more serious note, I think just slow the game down. it just looks like it frustrates them when the other team runs time off the clock. and you better be shooting a really high percentage.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

i would send terrell owens, ron artest, stephen jackson and mardy collins on them.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #30
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Seriously, does any other team get away with more moving screens?
No matter how true this statement is it will get you labeled a hater.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: