Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far
Default 9/11: Where Were You When It Happened?

It says it all. I was in 3rd grade and i had no idea what was happening. Our teachers let us out early. Then when i got home, my mom explained it to me and i couldn't comprehend people could so such evil things. my uncle also died in the attacks. and i'm pakistani.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
PrinceOthaPalace
I hit open layups

PrinceOthaPalace has an OK reputation so far
I was in the classroom too and like you the teachers never told us i found out the next day
PrinceOthaPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I was at work and someone came and told me "a plane just slammed into a building in New York"

I said damn that's f*cked!

then, a short time later, someone came up and said "another plane just hit a building"

Im like WTF?

then it was being reported as terrorist attack and our building and the whole downtown area was evacuated...

People was running to their cars and jumping on buses and trains to get outta town..

went home and watched in disbelief as the buildings crumbled

I even cried... thats how sad it was
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

AP Calc. History teacher handed a sheet to my teacher and I will never forget the face on my Calc teacher's face...

Needless to say we just sat the rest of the school day listening to the radio. So many of my classmates had parents in the towers or the same area.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

I was asleep. woke up around 11am, went to the Video store to rent some movies since it was new-release Tuesday, and the 2 girls that worked there were crying and listening pretty intensly to a small handheld radio. I didn't hear anything while i was checking out, so on my way home I tuned the radio to the local station, and all I heard was something had happened in NY. got home and clicked on CNN and couldn't believe it.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I was in my 2nd period history class. I had no idea wtf it was. I had no idea there were world trade towers. I just sat there. 9/11 threatened the regular trust and security that people lived their lives. I was SCARED to walk around my house b/c i was afraid there would be someone i nthe nex room about to knife me. I was scared walking home from the bus.

IT happeend to a lot of people. My teacher told me that she was scared to go to subway that day.

9/11 affected everyone. Their security, protectiveness and trust
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I was in 6th grade in English class. My homeroom teacher knocked on the door and called the English teacher out. She came back in crying and told us what happened.

The room just went into that quiet, tense feeling for awhile.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

We were in AP Biology in zero period of senior high school. Two classes gathered in front of the single TV. It was a surreal moment. I remember my friend immediately leaving the classroom for his car to phone his sister who had worked in the WTC.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

I was in my 4th grade class. A few of my classmates found out, but the teachers told them not to tell us "what happened". I thought it was a fun secret, damn was I wrong.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

those teachers are stupid. How is it in our best interest for them not to tell us. we live in america and deserve to know thse things.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
those teachers are stupid. How is it in our best interest for them not to tell us. we live in america and deserve to know thse things.
they were in fourth grade and the teachers probably wanted to let the kids parents explain to them what happened...i dont see anything wrong with that

it would be different if the kids were 7th grade and above
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

yea im with statman
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Highschool gym... or was it the last year on junior high? Ah hell, doesn't matter. All that matters is a lot of innocent people died and we still don't know what actually happened (Building 7, pentagon)
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #14
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

remember like it was today. i was still in the army. we just got back from a 6 mile run. get home, as usual turn on the tv and without paying any attention get into the shower. i get out, and this girl that i was hitting had spent the night over, she's freaking out. and then they start showing the replays of the plane hitting the first tower. quickly get dressed get to the mess hall and hear that a 2nd plane just hit the other tower. got my food to go and got to work and find out another one just crashed at the white house. we have formation, everyone gets briefed. we fall out, and i go back to my office, start scrambling trying to get my stuff ready just in case, trying to get my troops ready, feilding calls from family and friends at the same time and then i hear on the phone about the 4th plane. by lunch, we had recieved our orders to secure some of the sensitive areas at the ranges away from the post. we drew weapons and loaded up our gear and went on our way. didn't see my bed again for 6 days, by then they had brought up some of the national guardsmen to relieve us. get back home and then just wait wait wait and wait. it was terrible.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #15
Hawker
Banned

superman where did you ahve to go? And no plane flew into the white house
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: