Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Twolves loss to Lakers has management fuming

Quote:
Minnesota Star Tribune
Changes for Wolves?

The fact that the Timberwolves blew a 12-point lead going into the fourth quarter against the Lakers on Wednesday night and were outscored 34-7 will mean some changes in the near future.

It might be the end of coach Dwane Casey, who has had little to do with putting together the personnel on this club, or it might be a big trade -- even one involving Kevin Garnett, for whom the Chicago Bulls are willing to give up some valuable players.

I've never seen Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor more upset about a loss. He spent a long time visiting with everybody in power in the locker rooms after that loss, and it's apparent that the Timberwolves are not going to draw any fans unless some moves are made.

Even some of the T-Wolve's big corporate sponsors have had it. One company official, who asked not to be named, told me that a lot of promises had been made about putting a winning team on the floor this year -- and that isn't going to happen.

Taylor normally answers questions from the media, but on Wednesday night he was in no mood to talk.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/892248.html

Come on KG...over here
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Somehow, I doubt they're going to trade KG to the team that somewhat started this fuming.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Somehow, I doubt they're going to trade KG to the team that somewhat started this fuming.

maybe if KG demands he wants to go there, the least they could do is accomadate that. even if he doesnt come to LA, I wouldnt mind seeing him in Chitown.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

New Jersey! New Jersey! New Jersey! We'll trade the Lakers Jay-Z and Beyonce, if nothing else.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Trade him to the Kings. I know you guys are going to say "why would he want to go to that ****ty team?" but they wouldn't suck with him! Surround KG with Kev Martin/Artest and that is a damn good team. Bibby's got an expiring contract for 13 million $, Corliss-Pot-Hart combine for 11 million $ expiring, Kings have a few young guys like Garcia and Douby. Also don't owe anybody picks over the next few years.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Easy to see why. That was the first Wolves game I've had the pleasure to watch all year but, and going into the third with momentum and a good lead and then coming out and only scoring 7 points in the fourth, it looked like a completely different team. Its not like they came out a blew the lead and lost on a buzzer beater, the Lakers simply dominated them in the 4th.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

trade him to the clippers
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id hate to see Ty Thomas, Deng, PJ, and the pick go....but it would be worth it. But I suspect we may be able to give up less than that.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #9
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

Bulls can put together the best package, they're in the other conference, and KG went to high school there. If KG gets traded, the bulls are by far the most likely destination. Lakers fans please stop with the nonsense :p

edit: also, McHale hates the Lakers
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:52 AM   #10
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

hot - As much as I like your post. Stop stealing topics from Lakersground.net and posting them here. Make your own topics, be orginal dude...
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:02 AM   #11
Snow
I hit open layups

Snow has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle
Bulls can put together the best package, they're in the other conference, and KG went to high school there. If KG gets traded, the bulls are by far the most likely destination. Lakers fans please stop with the nonsense :p

edit: also, McHale hates the Lakers

If the Lakers offered up 2 skilled players like Odom and Walton plus a couple of other pieces to make a trade fit, that would be worth pretty much more than anything the Bulls could offer. Other than Ben Wallace and Hinrich, none of the Bulls are really that great and I don't know if McHale would want to touch Wallace's contract. Deng is decent, but he can't shoot worth sh!t. Bulls could offer a much better pick though.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:07 AM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersRuleTheNBA
hot - As much as I like your post. Stop stealing topics from Lakersground.net and posting them here. Make your own topics, be orginal dude...

ehh its just some info. would be same if i went out and got an article. isnt an actual discussion or anything
Old 12-23-2006, 05:16 AM   #13
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

LakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputationLakersRuleTheNBA has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
ehh its just some info. would be same if i went out and got an article. isnt an actual discussion or anything

yeah i feel you. go on with your bad self.
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:46 AM   #14
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
If the Lakers offered up 2 skilled players like Odom and Walton plus a couple of other pieces to make a trade fit, that would be worth pretty much more than anything the Bulls could offer. Other than Ben Wallace and Hinrich, none of the Bulls are really that great and I don't know if McHale would want to touch Wallace's contract. Deng is decent, but he can't shoot worth sh!t. Bulls could offer a much better pick though.

Walton is a system player. That's not to say he isn't talented, but he needs to be in the right system to be effective. Now, once KG gets traded, the wolves need to totally rework their offense, so maybe we could fit in luke walton, but that's not a given, and we'll probably have a new coach shortly. Casey should be gone very soon.

Odom is a good player, but a consistant underachiever. Phil Jackson even has trouble getting him to play up to his ability, and he's the best motivator in the league. If you wanna include PJ in the trades, maybe you'd have an arguement.. but even so, wolves would prefer younger players than odom to go along with their picks, and no large, long contracts.

Bulls can trade PJ brown as a large expirer, and they have a boatload of young talented players to choose from to send to us along with that knicks pick. And they don't even give up anything too important to their franchise to add KG to their lineup.

For young players that the bulls can trade:
Ben Gordon (they want to get rid of him, but the wolves are already crowded in the backcourt, so that probably won't work unless it's part of a 3-team trade.)
Either Nocioni or Deng. Nocioni is a much better floor spacer and probably a better defender, but Deng has been having a fantastic season and seems to have grown a lot as a player. And Deng is younger. The beauty is either way, the bulls can trade one of the 2 and still be very happy with keeping the other.
Thabo Sefalosha - I love this guy, wish I could see him play more often. Bulls don't have minutes for him.
Tyrus Thomas - same as Thabo.
Hinrich - I'd love to have him in a wolves uniform, but it's just not going to happen. He's virtually untouchable.

Lakers can't come close to the package that the Bulls can put together, and they would be giving up a much larger portion of their overall talent to add KG.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Can people please start paying attention to details. The Bulls only have the right to swap picks with New York.

So trading that right to the Timberwolves would mean New York now has the right to swap with a Kevin Garnett-less Minnsesota.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: