Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So trading that right to the Timberwolves would mean New York now has the right to swap with a Kevin Garnett-less Minnsesota.

New York doesnt have the right wtf are you talking about?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #17
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeagle
Walton is a system player. That's not to say he isn't talented, but he needs to be in the right system to be effective. Now, once KG gets traded, the wolves need to totally rework their offense, so maybe we could fit in luke walton, but that's not a given, and we'll probably have a new coach shortly. Casey should be gone very soon.

Odom is a good player, but a consistant underachiever. Phil Jackson even has trouble getting him to play up to his ability, and he's the best motivator in the league. If you wanna include PJ in the trades, maybe you'd have an arguement.. but even so, wolves would prefer younger players than odom to go along with their picks, and no large, long contracts.

Bulls can trade PJ brown as a large expirer, and they have a boatload of young talented players to choose from to send to us along with that knicks pick. And they don't even give up anything too important to their franchise to add KG to their lineup.

For young players that the bulls can trade:
Ben Gordon (they want to get rid of him, but the wolves are already crowded in the backcourt, so that probably won't work unless it's part of a 3-team trade.)
Either Nocioni or Deng. Nocioni is a much better floor spacer and probably a better defender, but Deng has been having a fantastic season and seems to have grown a lot as a player. And Deng is younger. The beauty is either way, the bulls can trade one of the 2 and still be very happy with keeping the other.
Thabo Sefalosha - I love this guy, wish I could see him play more often. Bulls don't have minutes for him.
Tyrus Thomas - same as Thabo.
Hinrich - I'd love to have him in a wolves uniform, but it's just not going to happen. He's virtually untouchable.

Lakers can't come close to the package that the Bulls can put together, and they would be giving up a much larger portion of their overall talent to add KG.

I totally agree.

Even though I have fantasies of K.G in L.A without giving up Odom or Bynum.
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #18
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Can people please start paying attention to details. The Bulls only have the right to swap picks with New York.

So trading that right to the Timberwolves would mean New York now has the right to swap with a Kevin Garnett-less Minnsesota.
Speaking of details, trading the right would actually mean that the Garnett less Wolves would have the right to swap with the Knicks, not the other way around.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
New York doesnt have the right wtf are you talking about?
I've seen it reported that the team with the better record gets the option of swapping.

It was a while ago on the web.

So the conditions of the trade only give the option to Chicago?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #20
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

KG was born to be a Jazzman. I'd give up the whole team to get KG.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

canning Kevin McHale would be a great start....
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:13 PM   #22
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Can people please start paying attention to details. The Bulls only have the right to swap picks

I understand that, but I believe that in practice, that means that the bulls trade us "a first round pick", then we get whichever first they would have in this year's draft... their own, or more likely, the knicks

could be wrong, but that's the way I understand it
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Get rid of Kevin Mchale and Rob Babcock " I just hate that loser"

2. Get rid of Dwanye Casey and sign Rick Aldemen!

3. Then if the team is still canning, then the only way to go is rebuild by trading KG.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: