Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Eddy Curry is still as big as a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
you also dont have a heart condition. If I had a heart condition and was expected to perform under the riggers of professional basketball, I would be VERY VERY scared to run up and down the court much less get into real-deal shape.

everybody says curry is 'fat/lazy', but i think he's just worried about his health. and i would have done the same thing he did about signing the 5 year contract with the knicks. If someone is stupid enough to give me $55 million, go nuts!

NOT TO MENTION, that he found his ex g/f and daughter slaughtered in their house. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to someone's psyche.
Getting in shape would help with his heart condition.

I think he has a ton of problems off the court and wonder where is his family like his mom or dad.

They guy is still young enough, and if he could get in some form of shape, teams would call for his service even in a backup role for 15-20 minutes of action.

BTW Turiaf had a heart ailment as well, but played in a limited role.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
So you're saying that bulking up fat is healthier than working out and eating properly?
lol, that's what i was thinking.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hopefully he can lose some weight and make the heat roster
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
you also dont have a heart condition. If I had a heart condition and was expected to perform under the riggers of professional basketball, I would be VERY VERY scared to run up and down the court much less get into real-deal shape.

everybody says curry is 'fat/lazy', but i think he's just worried about his health. and i would have done the same thing he did about signing the 5 year contract with the knicks. If someone is stupid enough to give me $55 million, go nuts!

NOT TO MENTION, that he found his ex g/f and daughter slaughtered in their house. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to someone's psyche.

Uh, isn't losing excess body weight one of the first things they tell you to do when you have a heart problem? If he was that worried about his health, he'd be on a mostly vegetarian diet and be a scrawny guy who gets winded easily due to not running. Even if he couldn't run (and he can, he did for years), he would still be able to do low intensity cardio and use that to help with his weight loss.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Its really sad. I remember thinking he would be one of the top 3 centers in the league one day.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #21
JChurches
I airball my layups

JChurches has not been impressing people

Quote:

Top 5 most idiotic posts of all time (any forum)
JChurches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio33
I'm no Curry apologist, but I think some of this has to do with his girlfriend and daughter being murdered, and his son being found at the crime scene. If that had been me, I'd be a mess. No amount of money can bring them back. I think he needs psychiatric help.

A possible excuse if it isn't likely he was partly or completely responsible for their deaths.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Questions: Do you take a healthy yet 40 pounds overweight Eddy Curry or post-multiple surgery Greg Oden?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Questions: Do you take a healthy yet 40 pounds overweight Eddy Curry or post-multiple surgery Greg Oden?
Curry is more 40 pounds overweight though.

I would take Oden even with his health issues, pay Amar'e to take him everywhere he went to get healthy.

But seriously, Oden is young, I would not give up on him just yet.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

postmupndunkit is starting to rub some people the wrong way

My ? is...... Y not just sign him to a 2-3 year @ the league minimum and...

Y NOT JUST LET HIM PLAY THE WEIGHT OFF DURING THE REGULAR SEASON? So he's fat..... he's slow. Miami can expect him to score off put backs and rebound. WTF is so hard about that? LET HIM PLAY...... making a fool of himself should motivate him. Having Andrea Bargani drop 40 on him should motivate his fat ass 2 do what he shoulda been doing all along. MAN TALK.
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #26
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmupndunkit

Y NOT JUST LET HIM PLAY THE WEIGHT OFF DURING THE REGULAR SEASON? So he's fat..... he's slow. Miami can expect him to score off put backs and rebound. WTF is so hard about that? LET HIM PLAY...... making a fool of himself should motivate him. Having Andrea Bargani drop 40 on him should motivate his fat ass 2 do what he shoulda been doing all along. MAN TALK.

Miami is trying to increase the tempo of their game, not slow it down. Shouldn't waste a roster spot on him, unless he signs for cheeseburgers and shakes.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #27
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The guy is overweight, dude. Not "out of shape" basketball player overweight... like, fat. Do you expect him to run the length of the court consistently? Even at 7 feet tall you need some elevation to crash the boards and keep in step with the athletic players/front courts of the league. A guy with that kind of weight isn't going to be as effective of a rebounder as he could be if he trimmed the fat. Guarantee at his current weight he'd be lucky to pull down 2 rebounds a game. It would be like a Michael Sweetney redux (which, oddly enough, Curry was part of the trade for in '05)

Sign him for the minimum and he's still a lazy slob with conditioning problems... then what? You wasted cash and a roster spot on a guy who anybody with two eyes could tell you was problematic. Why even bother if there is a potential for more viable options elsewhere?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #28
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

postmupndunkit is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
The guy is overweight, dude. Not "out of shape" basketball player overweight... like, fat. Do you expect him to run the length of the court consistently? Even at 7 feet tall you need some elevation to crash the boards and keep in step with the athletic players/front courts of the league. A guy with that kind of weight isn't going to be as effective of a rebounder as he could be if he trimmed the fat. Guarantee at his current weight he'd be lucky to pull down 2 rebounds a game. It would be like a Michael Sweetney redux (which, oddly enough, Curry was part of the trade for in '05)

Sign him for the minimum and he's still a lazy slob with conditioning problems... then what? You wasted cash and a roster spot on a guy who anybody with two eyes could tell you was problematic. Why even bother if there is a potential for more viable options elsewhere?

If he wants to play. Let him play but START him. Solves team chemistry and conditioning issues. He'd have no choice....... Then Curry can blame the management....who will them sue McDonals, Portillo's, and Burger King.
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #29
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
If he wants to play. Let him play but START him. Solves team chemistry and conditioning issues. He'd have no choice....... Then Curry can blame the management....who will them sue McDonals, Portillo's, and Burger King.

UR TROLLIN.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #30
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

It's over for him to be in the NBA. Being overweight because of his heart condition is not an excuse at all. You could have eaten food that are healthy and less fat. Eating those cheeseburgers everyday is not good at all.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: