Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #31
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Eddy Curry is still as big as a house

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Questions: Do you take a healthy yet 40 pounds overweight Eddy Curry or post-multiple surgery Greg Oden?

It's hard to make a choice... one can't stay on the court and the other can't move on the court...
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #32
Irish
Sussudio

Irish has decent reputation

Well he hasn't put on any more weight, one good sign, good luck to the guy, he needs it.

Still a place in the league for this guy.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #33
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKnicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
So you're saying that bulking up fat is healthier than working out and eating properly?

i'm saying he might be SCARED to workout enough to get into nba shape or workout at all. you're not in his body, you dont know what he feels when he attempts to workout like he did in teh past.

ALSO, lets NOT overlook the deaths of his ex gf and his baby daughter. that must have REALLY took a toll on his psyche.
-funny how people on this board gloss over that fact to better help their argument.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #34
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation

His career is over. If he couldn't get himself in shape the past 3 years, he never will.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #35
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
If someone offered me a few million bucks to hit the gym, I think I could do it. Then again, I'm not Eddy Curry, and no one is making me an offer like that any time soon.

The difference is that Curry should be sitting on millions of dollars already. That's one of the reasons why the NBA is so less competitive with so little heart shown on the court compared to the older days. Players today get guaranteed money, huge money and it's natural for players to just stop trying their best and too often straight up stop trying at all. This happens all the time. Players magically play good when they are in a contract year.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #36
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
you also dont have a heart condition. If I had a heart condition and was expected to perform under the riggers of professional basketball, I would be VERY VERY scared to run up and down the court much less get into real-deal shape.

everybody says curry is 'fat/lazy', but i think he's just worried about his health. and i would have done the same thing he did about signing the 5 year contract with the knicks. If someone is stupid enough to give me $55 million, go nuts!

NOT TO MENTION, that he found his ex g/f and daughter slaughtered in their house. I can't even begin to imagine what that would do to someone's psyche.
How much you weight?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #37
Semi
Great young streetballer

Semi has decent reputationSemi has decent reputation

I can't believe this forum. ISH, where amazing happens.

You can read post where Eddy ****ing Curry is defended for beeing fat and lazy and getting millions paid for doing nothing and in other threads people are writing shaq was lazy and had no work ethic...

This is the most stupid place on earth!
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #38
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
The difference is that Curry should be sitting on millions of dollars already. That's one of the reasons why the NBA is so less competitive with so little heart shown on the court compared to the older days. Players today get guaranteed money, huge money and it's natural for players to just stop trying their best and too often straight up stop trying at all. This happens all the time. Players magically play good when they are in a contract year.

Not so sure.

Curry was broke in 2009, at that point he had made 48 million in his career, but the Knicks have paid him 20+ million dollars since. Let's hope he got a clue regarding those last paychecks, or else it's another borderline retarded former athlete in the gutter.

Him trying so hard to get back in the league is not a good sign though. If you weigh 350 pounds and you have 35 million in assets you would not be busting your ass so hard to get a minimum NBA deal. Maybe if you really love the game, but I can't imagine that's the case with EC.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #39
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Not so sure.

Curry was broke in 2009, at that point he had made 48 million in his career, but the Knicks have paid him 20+ million dollars since. Let's hope he got a clue regarding those last paychecks, or else it's another borderline retarded former athlete in the gutter.

Him trying so hard to get back in the league is not a good sign though. If you weigh 350 pounds and you have 35 million in assets you would not be busting your ass so hard to get a minimum NBA deal. Maybe if you really love the game, but I can't imagine that's the case with EC.

Even if Curry pissed it all away, he stopped trying to play and stay in shape years ago, back when HE HAD MONEY. Getting rich with guaranteed money far too often makes players get lazy. Hedo Turk is guilty of this too. I remember when Malik Rose got paid, then immediately sucked overnight. These people are humans not machines, you got money promised for several years and your motivation goes away for a large percent of the league.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: