Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default How is Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard a fair trade but...

pretty much everyone here laughed at the idea of the Bulls sending Noah & Taj Gibson & a draft pick to the Magic for Dwight Howard?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

BGriffin's Dad has not been impressing people
Default Re: How is Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard a fair trade but...

It's not a fair trade, at least in terms of equal value.
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

But I think Noah, Taj and a draft pick > Brook Lopez.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

GREAT POINT OP

BUT

WILL BULLS TAKE ON HEDO

SO MAYBE REDO

YOUR TRADEO
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
Borat
very niiice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

GREAT POINT OP

BUT

WILL BULLS TAKE ON HEDO

SO MAYBE REDO

YOUR TRADEO
Old 12-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brook lopez is lame.

I might have not watched enough games, but I'd much rather have Noah and Taj.

Noah is a BEAST. He is perfect for a defense and is a legit rebounder. Taj can score and is really overlooked. And you get a pick? GTFOH.

Brook lopez is weak.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Brook lopez is lame.

I might have not watched enough games, but I'd much rather have Noah and Taj.

Noah is a BEAST. He is perfect for a defense and is a legit rebounder. Taj can score and is really overlooked. And you get a pick? GTFOH.

Brook lopez is weak.
It's about risk versus reward. Noah and Taj are going to give you what you see. Noah is a straight role player. He gives a lot of effort and hustle on these contender type teams but who knows what his motivation and energy levels would be if he were on a shitty rebuilding Orlando team.

Brook on the other hand, is a 22 year old 20+ppg 7 footer. He has way more potential. Sure hes soft as shit, but thats fixable at least a little. He could easily be a 21/8 player and a top 5 center in the league for a long time to come. And thats his floor. He could end up averaging more rebounds if he adds some muscle/size. His offensive ability is probably the best out of any center in the league minus Bynum and Dwight. Great shooting touch.. range out to 20 feet.. good at drawing fouls/sweeping his arms through the defender.. good jump hooks that are unblockable since hes like a giraffe. If he just adds a little bit of confidence and aggressiveness to his game hell be a beast.. and I dont know why he wouldnt. I'm honestly banking on him coming out strong as hell for NJ.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

noah (12pnts/10rbs/1.5blk) is only a good complimentary player, aka tyson chandler and taj is just a backup dime a dozen found in the smallest crack around the league(7pnts/6rbs last season)
what will orlando do with a guy that can only rebound and defend, with a whole bunch of overpriced guards? unless orlando has a plan, there isnt any point trading for those 2.

brook is a third of what howard brings

teams need to up their offers or orlando should let howard walk, leaving roughly 30-40 mil on the table from what they can offer over the next team.(thanks to the new cba)
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Does anyone remember Brook dropping like 40 on Bynum and Gasol last year? It was hilarious because they didn't expect it at all. They hardly sent doubles at him[although every other team does] and they let Bynum and Gasol guard him one on one. There are only a few possessions here but this really highlights his iso ability and shooting touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTm9onQULVg
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #10
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Why do people think Lopez sucks....He's a highly skilled Center. He needs to learn when to use power as opposed to finesse and get dirtier on the boards.

Howard is a big cry baby who leaving town anyway. Get Lopez He's a good center
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

I'm really surprised OKC hasn't gotten involved in these talks for Paul or Howard. Russell Westbrook would better a better piece than Gordon, Bynum or Lopez.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #12
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
I'm really surprised OKC hasn't gotten involved in these talks for Paul or Howard. Russell Westbrook would better a better piece than Gordon, Bynum or Lopez.

Their primary target is CP3, I believe, which is why you don't hear them as involved in the Howard talks.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #13
Borat
very niiice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
Their primary target is CP3, I believe, which is why you don't hear them as involved in the Howard talks.

YOU WONT HEAR THEM IN TALKS
AS THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN A TEAM
UNLIKE THE CLIPPERS
Old 12-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #14
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

it's not , brook lopez leads your team to 20 win seasons ( and worst record of all time ) .
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #15
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco

Westbrook, Perkins & Ibaka is a damn nice package. Better than what LA got for Shaq. If Howard would accept OKC, that's not a bad deal for Orlando at all.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: