Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default IYO, what is Monta Ellis REALLY worth?

...in terms of trades?? (he makes approx $11m).
He's clearly a good scorer. Shoots a good percentage (45%). Good assists for a SG (about 5 per).

what would you give up for him? I ask this because I would love for my Lakers to get him, but not sure what I would be willing to give up.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: IYO, what is Monta Ellis REALLY worth?

The only player worth Monta on the Lakers is Gasol. Kobe is too old, Odom is too old, Artest is too old, and Bynum is too injury prone.

We will trade you Monta for Gasol straight up though. Pau sucks now anyway, right Lakers fans?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

bd, you are probably right.... only Gasol or Bynum could land Ellis with the Lakers. Maybe not even Gasol given his age.
My goal is to land Monta to pair him with Bynum for the next 5 years.
Maybe they would take Odom + other if the Lakers are willing to take on Biedrins ugly contract.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

its all a matter of circumstances and right fit at the right time. there's not really a set universal value for him.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andre iguodala. Thats his worth to me. I wouldn't part with Bynum or gasol for monta Ellis. Unless Kobe was retired. How does monta fit there? Lakers could get better than Ellis for Bynum or gasol even if fans don't think so. Big men are hot commodities. Sixers had to go draft to find size. Lakers have it. You can dangle odom and artist to bring back good value I think.

I think Bynum and gasol carry more value. Not sure what lakers have for monta. My guess is odom Artest for Ellis and player (bad contract)
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Lakers get : Ellis, Beasley, Anthony Randolph, Darko

Wolves get : Bynum, Walton, Ebanks, 1st round picks

Warriors get: Odom, Wesley, Pek, 1st round picks
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

At 25, he's still got several years of playing at a high level in his future. His value as a complimentary piece is likely higher than anything else. With that in mind, however, I question his willingness to fall into a system where he isn't the exclusive 'go to' guy. Are LA fans thinking he'd fall in love with the idea of backing up Kobe until he retires? Start at the PG spot? If I was the Lakers I wouldn't do any sort of trade involving Gasol for Ellis because there could be other much more creative and effective trade scenarios involving Gasol.

While we're on the topic of trading Gasol, why even trade the guy when he's part of one of your teams biggest advantages over the opposition (two 7-footers on the floor)? Dude's stock might be low after his shotty performance in the post-season but it certainly isn't worth some of the prodding the "Lakers faithful" are giving.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS

branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andre iguodala.

branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #9
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andre iguodala. Thats his worth to me. I wouldn't part with Bynum or gasol for monta Ellis. Unless Kobe was retired. How does monta fit there? Lakers could get better than Ellis for Bynum or gasol even if fans don't think so. Big men are hot commodities. Sixers had to go draft to find size. Lakers have it. You can dangle odom and artist to bring back good value I think.

I think Bynum and gasol carry more value. Not sure what lakers have for monta. My guess is odom Artest for Ellis and player (bad contract)

well obviously the Lakers can get A LOT more for Bynum than Ellis.
Not sure what GSW mgmt is thinking these days. Since they brought on West, I doubt they would trade with the Lakers.
Iggy for Ellis is something that is out there, but does Philly want an undersized SG?
With the Lakers, Ellis would take over for Fisher and relieve Kobe of the perimeter scoring load.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski

why is that so funny?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
Lakers get : Ellis, Beasley, Anthony Randolph, Darko

Wolves get : Bynum, Walton, Ebanks, 1st round picks

Warriors get: Odom, Wesley, Pek, 1st round picks

crack is bad for your health.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

around 12 mill

i have a weird suspicion someone will overpay, he is a fast dynamic player
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Miserio
I dunk on kids

Miserio has decent reputation

A gatorade.
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #14
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

Why would the Lakers want him though? So he can be a $12 mil a year backup to Kobe? To the Lakers, he's probably worth nothing, since he will cause more trouble than his value on the court.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #15
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

I am a huge fan of his game (he's one my favourite players to watch) but his gaudy numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt, due to the breakneck pace the Warriors play at. That said, he takes an incredible number of difficult shots and still shoots 45% overall.

In a "real" offense, where he would be expected to play in a proper team dynamic, I think he'd be capable of averaging 20-22 on 48%-50% shooting and getting to the line 6 times a night. Guys like that don't grow on trees.

I think you could pair Monta with a great post guy, give them a bunch of smart roleplayers and expect to make the playoffs in either conference. Basically, if you traded Rudy Gay for Monta, Memphis would still be a 50 win team and GSW would still be a 30 win team.

I don't think you could build a franchise around Monta, though.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: