Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #316
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

That's some humorous shit.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #317
MichaelCheazley
B-Eazy Mike Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker

Laughed my ass off at the ...bitch after ever jesse pinkman line.
MichaelCheazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #318
KG215
NBA Legend

The "Gale Hunt" scene made me laugh the hardest. The scene at the end with Walter Jr. was really good, too. Even though he's just a kid, I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't become corrupt and "broke bad" yet, since basically every other main character is bad.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #319
No Name
derp

i never watched breaking bad but i heard it's awesome.

im wondering should i start season 1?
No Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #320
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name

Nah, start with season 3.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #321
MichaelCheazley
B-Eazy Mike Beasley

Quote:

Start season one. It picks up later, but its good to watch from the start to get some sort of understanding/attachment to the situations/characters. Honestly BB is one of the, if not, the baddest show ever.
MichaelCheazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #322
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

Quote:

Of course. Otherwise, you wouldn't fully understand the plot; nor would you be able to fully appreciate the characters.

Breaking Bad is an incredibly captivating show right from the get-go.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #323
california123
Banned

Quote:

what a stupid question
california123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #324
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Of course. Otherwise, you wouldn't fully understand the plot; nor would you be able to fully appreciate the characters.

Breaking Bad is an incredibly captivating show right from the get-go.

Yeah, you don't start from season one you'll be lost. This is one of those shows that if you just skip one episodes you'll get confused.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #325
No Name
derp

i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons i meant just to start the show.

and i watched the first 3 episodes and its pretty damn good.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #326
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons i meant just to start the show.

and i watched the first 3 episodes and its pretty damn good.

When you sit down to read a book, (very hypothetical here) do you start off at chapter 4? This aint choose your own adventure, turn to page 220 and see what happens next dummy.......start from the beginning and enjoy the masterpiece
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #327
No Name
derp

Quote:
i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
start from the beginning

Old 02-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #328
guy
Very good NBA starter

Just watched all 4 seasons. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Few things I thought about, some that I don't believe have been brought up in this thread:

Does anyone remember when Mike was telling Walt that story about when he was a cop and how he regretted not doing more about that couple where the husband killed his wife? I know Mike seems like a heartless killer, but if you think about that story, does he really sound like someone that would be cool with someone ordering a hit out on a kid like Gus supposedly did at the end of season 3? And unless I'm missing something, no one, including Gus, ever confessed to what happened to that kid. Makes me think that maybe Gus had nothing to do with that. Maybe those 2 gangstas killed the kid on their own or some kind of accident happened. I'm not sure how this could be revisited in season 5 except maybe to show Walt as being more evil then Gus ever was.

I also think that Mike will definitely come back and more then likely align himself with Jesse. I'm sure everyone could see that him and Jesse were developing some kind of caring for each other. And maybe because of Mike's PI expertise, he'll somehow figure out that it was Walt that poisoned the kid in season 4 which will cause the drift between Walt and Jesse.

Its obviously clear as day to Hank and the DEA that Gus was a drug dealer since there's no other explanation for him to die in such a fashion while meeting with Tuco's Uncle and a former cartel member. But his investigation won't be over. They'll know about all those cartel members that were dead and now Gus is dead, but blue meth will still be strong. There's no way there's not some of type of showdown between Hank and Walt.

As far as the family goes, its going to be interesting to see what Skyler does at this point. She knows that Walt is responsible for 3 deaths now, and she's also indirectly responsible for Ted's death. Who knows? Maybe she'll find out that Walt was somewhat responsible for the kid's death at the end of season 3 and maybe even the plane crash in season 2. Maybe it will be a reality check for her and she'll turn against him at some point.

Or what could even be more interesting is if Walt Jr, a disabled insecure teenager with a baby sister, finds out his two parents that have cared so much for him are two morally ****ed up people and then is conflicted on what to do.

So with all that being said, I could easily see a scene where Hank is put in the middle of a Jesse/Walt showdown and doesn't know who to believe is the real bad guy, his brother-in-law or the drug dealer that indirectly lied to him that his wife was in an accident, got him suspended from work, and got him almost paralyzed (by the way, I don't remember but did we ever figure out who called Hank before he was shot? Was it Gus?). Or I could see Walt Jr. in the middle of a Hank/Walt showdown and doesn't know if he should really believe his uncle that he looks up to that his father is a crazy drug dealer.

Either way, season 5 can't come soon enough.

Last edited by guy : 02-15-2012 at 10:27 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #329
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
As far as the family goes, its going to be interesting to see what Skyler does at this point. She knows that Walt is responsible for 3 deaths now, and she's also indirectly responsible for Ted's death. Who knows? Maybe she'll find out that Walt was somewhat responsible for the kid's death at the end of season 3 and maybe even the plane crash in season 2. Maybe it will be a reality check for her and she'll turn against him at some point.

I'm pretty sure Skylar's in the dark about the murders (2 gangsters, Jessie's girlfriend, anyone else?). I also believe Ted's fate is pretty ambiguous (wasn't he twitching a bit on the ground?)

Quote:
by the way, I don't remember but did we ever figure out who called Hank before he was shot? Was it Gus?

Pretty sure it was Gus (build up to his feud with the cartel).

Personally, I'm not too concerned with the other characters in this show during the final season. This is and always has been the Walter White show (with Jessie taking increasing prominence). With Gus gone, it's pretty much the 2 of them (it can be argued that Mike can be included) are the only fully fleshed out characters left. The rest of them are just along for the ride.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #330
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
I'm pretty sure Skylar's in the dark about the murders (2 gangsters, Jessie's girlfriend, anyone else?). I also believe Ted's fate is pretty ambiguous (wasn't he twitching a bit on the ground?)

Pretty sure it was Gus (build up to his feud with the cartel).

Personally, I'm not too concerned with the other characters in this show during the final season. This is and always has been the Walter White show (with Jessie taking increasing prominence). With Gus gone, it's pretty much the 2 of them (it can be argued that Mike can be included) are the only fully fleshed out characters left. The rest of them are just along for the ride.

I don't know. Maybe she digs deeper into Walt's dealings and puts some of the pieces together and finds out somehow. Lets not forget. This show does a great job on bringing back previous storylines and making them interesting.

Of course those 2 are the only ones that really matter that much. Was just trying to predict how things might play out.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: