Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Who will go deeper in the playoffs? Nuggets or Clippers?

I'm sure most of you will say the Clippers because Denver doesn't have a player of CP3's caliber, but I think Denver will be more dangerous if they get home court for the playoffs. Denver are at the 5 seed right now, but they're only a half game behind Memphis for the 3 seed. This team is gonna be really dangerous if they get home court advantage (they have a 30-3 home record).

Definitely a contender in the west imo.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Default Re: Who will go deeper in the playoffs? Nuggets or Clippers?

The Nuggets are a great running team, but they'll struggle in the playoffs more than the Clippers because the Clippers have that guy to go to in the clutch.

The Nuggets need a consistent outside shooter to break defenses when their running offense isn't scoring buckets by the dozens. In the playoffs, there are more defensively stout teams like Memphis or OKC or the Spurs, and they won't turn the ball over much to feed into the Nuggets' deadly fast break.

The Clippers OTOH can run and score in the half-court, thanks to Chris Paul (and to a lesser extent, Chauncey Billups). They can give OKC problems, particularly because Griffin and DeAndre Jordan can overpower the OKC bigs. But if they face the Spurs early? Spurs will shred the Clippers' defense with great offensive sets like last year.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool

Whoever doesn't play OKC or San Antonio first.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

usa hoops has decent reputation

Bump this thread when the seedings are final. How deep each team goes will depend on where they finish in the standings.

The 3,4, and 5 seeds are far from being decided.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Atm they could play each other in the first round so its way to early to say
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #6
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I can't wait. I live in Denver so I get Clipper playoff tickets.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #7
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think the Clippers will go deeper. Nuggets are a dangerous team but I don't see them going very far. Denver vs. Memphis would be great. Hope that happens.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: