Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
winwin
Free Kosovo

winwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation here
Default Derrick Rose cracks Top 10 list of favorite US sports stars - LeBron out

CSNChicago.com

Derrick Rose took Chicago by storm during the 2010-11 season, earning the NBA MVP honors and leading his Bulls all the way to an Eastern Conference Finals matchup with the hated Heat.

So, it may come as no surprise to Chicagoans that Rose was voted on to America's Favorite Sports Stars Top 10 list recently, according to Harris Interactive.

Harris surveyed 2,163 adults online between June 13-20 2011, who chose New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter first overall while Rose came in at ninth.

Jeter just earned his 3,000th career hit a week ago, but that was several weeks after the poll took place. Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant tied for first in 2010, but each fell to fifth and third, respectively, on this year's list.

Rose was the only other current NBA player on the list besides Kobe, but he was not the only Chicago Bull to crack the Top 10. Michael Jordan tied Kobe for third after coming in at seventh in '10. MJ was voted in the Top 3 every year since the poll started in 1993.

Peyton Manning (2), Tom Brady (6), Albert Pujols (tied for 7th), Hines Ward (7) and Aaron Rodgers (10) rounded out the Top 10.

The Favorite Female Sports Star list remained unchanged at the Top 3, with Serena and Venus Williams earned the top two spots, respectively, while Danica Patrick took third place.
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
chicity89
#thereturn

chicity89 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Derrick Rose cracks Top 10 list of favorite US sports stars - LeBron out

Pool size of only 2,163? Yeah I don't know how much stock I would put in that survey...
chicity89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Derrick Rose cracks Top 10 list of favorite US sports stars - LeBron out

There are 13 year old girls with more Facebook friends than people who took that survey.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
Story Up
LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Story Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected posterStory Up is a pretty well-respected poster

Yet Kobe didn't make the sport more popular, right.
Story Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I don't like him at all.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #6
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

MVPs get much love and it's popular to join the bandwagon hate club of lebron since he lost, if he won lebron would be numero uno
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #7
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #8
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Its a conspiracy to make LBJ look bad! Its so obvious they even included KOBE in the list to insult King James more.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:02 AM   #9
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicity89
Pool size of only 2,163? Yeah I don't know how much stock I would put in that survey...

2,163 is far more than adequate. Learn2statistics. ;)
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

next to iverson. overrated player not winning a ring.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
winwin
Free Kosovo

winwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
next to iverson. overrated player not winning a ring.
overration has nothing to do with this thread
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwin
CSNChicago.com

Derrick Rose took Chicago by storm during the 2010-11 season, earning the NBA MVP honors and leading his Bulls all the way to an Eastern Conference Finals matchup with the hated Heat.

So, it may come as no surprise to Chicagoans that Rose was voted on to America's Favorite Sports Stars Top 10 list recently, according to Harris Interactive.

Harris surveyed 2,163 adults online between June 13-20 2011, who chose New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter first overall while Rose came in at ninth.

Jeter just earned his 3,000th career hit a week ago, but that was several weeks after the poll took place. Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant tied for first in 2010, but each fell to fifth and third, respectively, on this year's list.

Rose was the only other current NBA player on the list besides Kobe, but he was not the only Chicago Bull to crack the Top 10. Michael Jordan tied Kobe for third after coming in at seventh in '10. MJ was voted in the Top 3 every year since the poll started in 1993.

Peyton Manning (2), Tom Brady (6), Albert Pujols (tied for 7th), Hines Ward (7) and Aaron Rodgers (10) rounded out the Top 10.

The Favorite Female Sports Star list remained unchanged at the Top 3, with Serena and Venus Williams earned the top two spots, respectively, while Danica Patrick took third place.

pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Jeter at #1, fair enough.

Why is Jordan on this list? I thought he retired
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
winwin
Free Kosovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh

not retired from being a sports star
Old 07-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #15
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh

Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: