Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #16
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind
1. Charlotte via trade: LaMarcus Aldridge
2. Chicago: Tyrus Thomas
3: Toronto via trade: Andrea Bargnani
4: Portland: Adam Morrison
5: Atlanta: Sheldon Williams (promise)
6: Boston: Brandon Roy(Trade Pierce)
7: Minnesota: Rudy Gay

Write it down!

Are you saying they are going to Trade Pierce to Twolves to go up one spot to get Brandon?

Never seeing this happen but I would love to see it. Would rather have AI, but both still seem a little far fetched.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
1. Charlotte via trade: LaMarcus Aldridge
3: Toronto via trade: Andrea Bargnani

Write it down!

Why would Charlotte trade up for a player they don't need. They already have Okafor and May and have a much greater need for Roy or Gay.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #18
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
Why would Charlotte trade up for a player they don't need. They already have Okafor and May and have a much greater need for Roy or Gay.

I agree 100% they need a scoring SG to compliment their big men and the PG of the future Felton. Rumors are rampid that Knight is going to be traded so no more 2 PG sets. I would think they'd go towards a Brandon Roy 1st and settle for a Gay or Morrison.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
Sportsmind
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sportsmind has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, Chicago would never draft Rondo when they're looking for an athletic, defensive minded guard, which Rondo is the epitome of.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #20
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

1. Charlotte via trade: Rudy Gay
3: Toronto via trade: Lamarcus Aldridge
5: Atlanta: Marcus Williamms
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #21
Sportsmind

If I were Charlotte I wouldn't want to stunt the growth of Wallace, that's why I think they should get THomas or Aldridge to play at the four. May is a great player off the bench and Okafor is an injury risk. I think they should use their money on the big 2007 SG free agents or draft a sg next year when every other team will be looking to go big.

If reponse to the Celtics question, I was not saying Pierce gets traded in this draft. I think they might draft Roy if he slips to 6 and find a way to trade Pierce to Denver for some of their bigs like Nene and some draft picks. Or Pierce and Jefferson for Garnett or O'Neal. Roy and Gerald Green would be a very promising SG future.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #22
Sportsmind

I'm sure Atlanta has made the promise to Williams, which is unfortunate if Aldridge happens to fall to them, they're going to have to pass on him.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #23
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
1. Charlotte via trade: Rudy Gay
3: Toronto via trade: Lamarcus Aldridge
5: Atlanta: Marcus Williamms

Charlotte is not going to trade up to Rudy Gay. If they do trade their pick, they're going to trade down.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #24
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

You can never go wrong with a good big man.

C - Aldridge/Brezec
PF - Okafor/May

Melvin Ely can be used in a sign and trade for a wing.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #25
sillyrussian

sillyrussian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yeah, Chicago would never draft Rondo when they're looking for an athletic, defensive minded guard, which Rondo is the epitome of.

Yeah, theyre really looking for ANOTHER 6'1 guard. idiot.
sillyrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
Sportsmind

Then swith Rondo with Shannon Brown. I don't care. Would you prefer Thabo? I would hope not. You would be reaching Lowry, Douby, etc. If you would prefer, take Roy with #2nd and Alexander Johnson with the #16th. You're getting pretty fired up aren't you. Deal with the fact that you're probably going to trade Ben Gordon and/or Duhon and Rondo would be a great replacement.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #27
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
You can never go wrong with a good big man.

C - Aldridge/Brezec
PF - Okafor/May

Melvin Ely can be used in a sign and trade for a wing.

Look at the trends of the NBA. Every good team needs a scoring 2 guard for example Dwayne Wade. I'm not saying Brandon Roy is Dwayne Wade but Roy is not only an excellent player but he fills a need. With 5 young starters in Felton, Roy, Wallace, Okafor, and Brezec you can pick the area you want to upgrade in the 07 free agent class. Plus Aldridge can't play Center in the NBA, he is too frail but I will agree he is an excellent inside scorer. If the Bobcats do take Roy, they need a 3 point shooter via free agency or the draft, I say Steve Novak in round 2 would be an unbaleivable steal. Darius Washington Jr. would be a steal as well to replace Brevin Knight if they trade him. The Bobcats future is bright with a lot of options if you ask me.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #28
Sportsmind

Bobcats definately have a bright future. They've done considerally well considering they got screwed two years ago for playing hard every night and only ended up with the #3rd pick this year after all the injuries and the Knicks being a debacle. Brandon Roy would be perfect for them and then hope to get one of the great 7 footers in next year's draft such as Oden. Okeafor at the 4 would suit him better. It's going to be incredibly interesting to see the direction of the franchise over the next year. What will Jordan do? What will Bernie's role be? If Larry comes in, which would be a good fit, that means you won't trade away Brevin. Does that halt Felton's progress? It should be interesting.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #29
joey4lsu

joey4lsu has an OK reputation so far
Default JordanCats

Ok let me first start off by addressing this thing about Charlett. It would be a good move to snap Morrison at number three if they stay there. this would give thema shooter, and Wallas, who is greaty underrated and an awesome defender, could slide over to the 2 spot. Not only would Morrison fill a need on the court, his name and popularity would also attract fans to this new franchise, kinda the same reason they went and gave away half teh team to Jordan.
But i believe from a basketball standpount, that T-Thomas would be the smartest move. Now im not just saying this because i go to LSU, i just think he fills a spot that Sean May will probably never be a true starter at, and his defence is already pooven better than Aldridge.
joey4lsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #30
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Bobcats definately have a bright future. They've done considerally well considering they got screwed two years ago for playing hard every night and only ended up with the #3rd pick this year after all the injuries and the Knicks being a debacle. Brandon Roy would be perfect for them and then hope to get one of the great 7 footers in next year's draft such as Oden. Okeafor at the 4 would suit him better. It's going to be incredibly interesting to see the direction of the franchise over the next year. What will Jordan do? What will Bernie's role be? If Larry comes in, which would be a good fit, that means you won't trade away Brevin. Does that halt Felton's progress? It should be interesting.

If the Bobcats drafted Roy this year, kept knight, and drafted Oden next year maybe with a free agent along the way they would be sick.

PG:Felton, Knight
SG:Roy, Caroll
SF:Wallace and a FA (possibly LeBron or Carmello)
PF:Okafor, May, Baxter
C:Oden, Brezec, Ely

That is absolutely filthy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: