Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #31
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Like Shaq said, he's a Cub Scout trying to do Boy Scout things. He's not a very good passer and not much of a leader and can't play defense worth a damn. Sounds like just a chucker to me.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:29 AM   #32
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He's been overrated for years and I am glad that he's being exposed now and people are seeing the real Bibby. I said 2 things about 4 years ago.

1) Steve Nash > Stephon Marbury
2) Jason Terry > Mike Bibby

You guys mocked like there's no tomorrow(especially for saying Nash > Marbury) but see who's having the last laugh. Bibby has been benefitted by being in the right place at the right time with the right people, and it goes way back to his college days where Miles Simon, Jason Terry and Loren Woods were all making Bibby look much better than he was.

Last edited by Human Error : 12-24-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:37 AM   #33
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

wow... 4 years ago... is Insidehoops Forum so old???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:05 AM   #34
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

I miss the Bibby who'd dish out fancy passes and notch 8+ apg.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:15 AM   #35
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
wow... 4 years ago... is Insidehoops Forum so old???!!!
Yeah. I've been posting since March 2001 and ended up having 3,000 posts under my belt there. You know what's funny? Guys like Gobb wasn't even making his 1st post when I was making my 1,000th posts, but when ISH was about to be re-moved and I was having my 3,000th post, he was already pushing for 30,000. The same goes to a lot of posters in eliteballer/tmoge/milesberg etc. I was never like that you know. I always went for quality instead of quantity.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #36
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Let's see, Bibby hurt his shooting wrist before the season started and was supposed to be out a few weeks, but ended up playing. He's suddenly shooting a bad percentage which is unlikely for him, who's been a good shooter his entire career......

and only half of you STILL make crap assumptions like "teams are figuring out how to guard him" and think it has nothing to do with his injury? Injury to the SHOOTING WRIST, tends to affect shooting pretty much, even if you have never played ball, it's common sense, no? I mean it doesn't even have to be great pain, just a little pain could probably throw off a rhythm on a follow through.

Quote:
Like Shaq said, he's a Cub Scout trying to do Boy Scout things. He's not a very good passer and not much of a leader and can't play defense worth a damn. Sounds like just a chucker to me.

Quote:
He's been overrated for years and I am glad that he's being exposed now and people are seeing the real Bibby. I said 2 things about 4 years ago.

Let's see, he's averaging 16, 6 and 4 on a bad shooting wrist right now, and last year averaged 21, 5 and 3 on 43% shooting (not great but not horrible), so suddenly because some dude made a thread about seeing his box scores being 4-14, that makes him a chucker?

I know you're gonna use the "It was only one game" line, but hey, his game 7 performance against the Lakers are more clutch and greater than 95% of the guys in the league has ever had. He also outplayed Nash consistently for two straight playoffs from 02 to 03. He's never made an All Star team, doesn't get the hype that Bosh or say, Manu gets on here.... HOW IS HE OVERRATED?

Mike Bibby is not a supertar but he's a damn solid PG. To that clown ElDrunko who thinks Bibby doesn't do anythign besides shoot-- you're a moron. He's a solid PG who doesn't make alot of errors, sometimes i'ts better to have a solid PG like Bibby or Eric Snow running the team than some crazy inconsistent guy like Rafer Alston, or Larry Hughes/Gilbert Arenas from their Warriors days, who could put up 25 one night and next night go 3 for 13 with 6 turnovers.

Last edited by EricForman : 12-24-2006 at 09:26 AM.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:38 AM   #37
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Idle thought trade idea: Telfair, Ratliff, the 2007 second round pick and the 2008 first round pick for Bibby.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #38
Mayweather
I brick open layups

Mayweather has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
Let's see, he's averaging 16, 6 and 4 on a bad shooting wrist right now, and last year averaged 21, 5 and 3 on 43% shooting (not great but not horrible), so suddenly because some dude made a thread about seeing his box scores being 4-14, that makes him a chucker?

Actually this isnt what I observed for one game going 4-14. If you look at his stats, theres a significant drop off this season in his FG%. He's shooting .351 so far this season while his previous 8 seasons in the lead shooting at mid .400s. Also, the title of the thread was originally "Mike Bibby" but the mods changed it so the subject would be clearer. I never said "Mike Bibby is a chucker", but rather ask the question "IS Mike Bibby a chucker now?"

I originally started this thread in hopes to gain some knowledge as to why Bibby has played poorly compared to his usual output. Obviously Bibby lovers come on this thread and talk about he's still injured, and conversely Bibby haters come and talk about how he's been overrated and exposed.

IMO, the truth lies within a few things. His hand injuries definately has to play some part in his poor shooting. Perhaps the coaching change and personnelle change has to affect his game as well.
Mayweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #39
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Idle thought trade idea: Telfair, Ratliff, the 2007 second round pick and the 2008 first round pick for Bibby.

Replace the picks with Perkins and you got a deal.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #40
braden.
Great young streetballer

braden. has decent reputation

Quote:
That'd leave us really think on bigs. I'm not that high on Perkins, either.
braden. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #41
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

a few years back bibby was considered better than nash. then vlade retired, cwebb got old and peja started suckin and he got exposed.
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by braden.
I miss the Bibby who'd dish out fancy passes and notch 8+ apg.

Same here i loved watching him back in the day
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #43
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
What else can he do? Please explain.

BradMiller52, this guy is a Laker fan and has an obvious bias against the Kings. Pay him no mind.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I probably wouldn't switch Perkins in it, but I'm guessing from your reply that my evaluation of Bibby's trade value isn't far off...am I right? I've read rumors that he was offered for Iverson and am wondering whether or not Sac is tired of him...I'd like him here because I bet this Celtic team would contend for the EC Crown when he and Pierce got fully healthy. Especially if the Al Jefferson we've seen over the last 7 games is the player that he's going to be for his career. The offense would be the best in the EC.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #45
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
BradMiller52, this guy is a Laker fan and has an obvious bias against the Kings. Pay him no mind.

I am a Laker fan but as a fan of basketball I expect point guards to be point guards not one dimensional chuckers. I expect any basketball player in the NBA to be able to play some sort of defense. I expect a player who claimed "the team was his" to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. It took a crazy Ron Artest to lead the team to the playoffs last year. I don't like sissy boys who cry about their teammates getting traded. That's life in the NBA. A pg who can't pass is not a pg. CP3 as a rookie>Bibby his entire career. Please don't talk about Bibby until he does something special in his NBA career. Bibby who?
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: