Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lawrence Frank may be the next Detroit Pistons head coach

how do u guys give Frank so much credit for Harris? if anything he got a opportunity to run the show when he got traded, and blew up based on that. i don't see where/what Frank had to do with that

and for years with the Nets Frank was on the bubble, and criticized a lot, and if you watched them he did stuff that didn't really make sense(altho i can't recall specifically, just remember i didn't like him). there was a time he was considered one of the worst coaches in the league.

i guess he redeemed himself in Boston but i didn't really get to see what he did there, more than NJ.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/67...etroit-pistons

It was Obvious he was going to land a job this year and if not then next year.
I think he would of been a better fit for the Wolves ... because the pistons are rebuilding , and will require some of their horrible contracts to be removed.
Just remember Dumar's made those bad contracts happen.

I'll say on the outside it will take Franks 3 years to build what will be a legit foundation.
And to think it seemed like yesterday the current reining NBA champion coach was the Piston coach until he was ousted for Brown.
*Yep Brown was there for a couple years ... but not much longevity.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
how do u guys give Frank so much credit for Harris? if anything he got a opportunity to run the show when he got traded, and blew up based on that. i don't see where/what Frank had to do with that

and for years with the Nets Frank was on the bubble, and criticized a lot, and if you watched them he did stuff that didn't really make sense(altho i can't recall specifically, just remember i didn't like him). there was a time he was considered one of the worst coaches in the league.

i guess he redeemed himself in Boston but i didn't really get to see what he did there, more than NJ.

Frank didn't do shit in boston. especially the 2nd half of the season .unless you consider helping celtics get troy murphy an accomplishment.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

I don't dig this guy in a head coaching role. He's been a great substitute for Thibs in Boston.

Is Adelman even actively entertaining the idea of coaching again or what?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Lawrence Frank is a GREAT coach but i dont want him go to Detroit. Thats just going to add more flakes to his resume because that team is REALLY on a treadmill going no where.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #21
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Lawrence Frank isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but there's no real great coaches on the market. The Pistons are at the bottom, so it's not like they can do much worse.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #22
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
I don't dig this guy in a head coaching role. He's been a great substitute for Thibs in Boston.

Is Adelman even actively entertaining the idea of coaching again or what?

hands down that he is probrably best coach that is available and he's young. I dont see why anybody wouldnt want Frank as their head coach. The Nets had other coaches after Frank and it equaled to the same results...
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
hands down that he is probrably best coach that is available and he's young. I dont see why anybody wouldnt want Frank as their head coach. The Nets had other coaches after Frank and it equaled to the same results...

They've only had 2 coaches after him, the guy that was the GM who covered for him when he got fired and avery johnson. avery inherited a mess though.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #24
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Lawrence Frank in Detroit doesn't make sense.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #25
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Did you just compare a guy who inherited a mess as coach for a single season to a guy who was at the helm for 5+ seasons?

I'm not the only person here who thinks it's a bad fit. In fact, people claiming that it is are in the minority it seems.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation

Good hire for the Pistons. Mike D'Antoni has no intention of hiring a defensive assistant.

That looking for a defensive assistant is a smokescreen.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #27
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Lawrence Frank is a GREAT coach but i dont want him go to Detroit. Thats just going to add more flakes to his resume because that team is REALLY on a treadmill going no where.

Doesn't matter. If he does even a half way decent job better than Kuester, he'll look like a success. He has to take whatever head coaching job he can get. He'll work his way up to the premier coaching jobs later in his career.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: