Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #31
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The roster I would like to see All Star break

I know that this is not good for the franchise, but what I would really like to see is good half-court basketball. So...
1.Trade Derozan, Amir, Bayless, draft pick and trade exception for Ray Allen and Garnett
2.Get the buyout of Valanciunas

Calderon
Ray Allen / Barbosa
Kleiza (100% healthy) / JJohnson
Garnett / Ed Davis
Bargnani / Valanciunas
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #32
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
I know that this is not good for the franchise, but what I would really like to see is good half-court basketball. So...
1.Trade Derozan, Amir, Bayless, draft pick and trade exception for Ray Allen and Garnett

Calderon
Ray Allen / Barbosa
Garnett / Ed Davis
Bargnani / Valanciunas

Didn't know Bryan Colongelo posted on IH.

That's ****in terrible.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #33
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Calderon
Ray Allen / Barbosa
Garnett / Ed Davis
Bargnani / Valanciunas

Didnt trade exception expire on July 1? I don't like this deal as KG and Ray Allen will be out of the league in 2/3 years?
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #34
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I also don't like that it hinges on Val being here next year which he won't and Klezia magically being healthy.

On the plus side, first FCardelle trade package I've seen that isn't completely centred on turning the Raptors into the Euro-league allstars. On the negative side, Garnette and Allen are on their ways out of the league and make big time $$$.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #35
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I also don't like that it hinges on Val being here next year which he won't and Klezia magically being healthy.

On the plus side, first FCardelle trade package I've seen that isn't completely centred on turning the Raptors into the Euro-league allstars. On the negative side, Garnette and Allen are on their ways out of the league and make big time $$$.

He is still looking for ways to complement Calderon and Bargnani.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #36
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Oh, no! You ended the only active thread in this forum

Because it's a stupid thread. There is a 95% chance that their won't be a season next year. Our team is scrap metal regardless and even if there was a season next year we will be a bottom 5 team again.

I just don't see the logic in discussing trades where KG and Ray Ray are coming to the Raps for an already expired trade exemption and practically all of our youth and potential to complement your favorite players. Who are brutal and will never win an NBA championship, by the way
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #37
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i understand trying to be more respectful of other people's opinion because everyone is here to share an opinion, but the trade proposed by fc is just beyond sanity. Only a retarded amateur troll with absolutely no understanding of the game would post something so ridiculous as that trade. Its as if he is a celtic fan and is trying to screw the raps in a completely one sided trade. I really hope once you grow up you get a brain cuz any corporation hiring you would end up selling itself to the competitor.

i am sorry but you are beyond ridiculous.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
Doko
High School Starter

Doko has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i understand trying to be more respectful of other people's opinion because everyone is here to share an opinion, but the trade proposed by fc is just beyond sanity. Only a retarded amateur troll with absolutely no understanding of the game would post something so ridiculous as that trade. Its as if he is a celtic fan and is trying to screw the raps in a completely one sided trade. I really hope once you grow up you get a brain cuz any corporation hiring you would end up selling itself to the competitor.

i am sorry but you are beyond ridiculous.

Actually, Derozan/Amir/Bayless seems very little to give up even for old KG/Ray Allen.
I don't know about the pick tho.
Doko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #39
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

I knew that contextualizing is too much for some people in this forum...
The thread's title is "the roster i would like to see", and I wrote to start my post "I know that this is not good for the franchise,...", but still people criticize that the trades wouldn't be good for the franchise and that they are not completely realistic

I would enjoy a lot Calderon/Allen/Kleiza/Garnett/Bargnani on the floor. Would you like to watch that team? yes? no? what roster would you choose?...

Come on, people, show that you can think beyond "trade Bargnani, trade Calderon"
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Come on, people, show that you can think beyond "trade Bargnani, trade Calderon"
We can but a lot of us feel like that would be the starting point to getting a true rebuild going. And then, assuming you make some good picks and use your money wisely, you hope a perennial contender can be built.

I sure don't want to bring in two veterans who will be on the verge of retirement and then have young guys like Davis and Valanciunas be blocked.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #41
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I don't necessarily like FC's trade for either side (Boston or Toronto), but he's right, the thread is aimed at asking what YOU wanna see. Don't just bash for the point of bashing.

Personally, I'm on the side that bringing Garnett and Allen to the team would screw up the rebuild and not make much sense, but whatever, FC's clearly in favor of a quicker rebuild than the most of us are.

It's the off season and there likely won't be a season this year. It's going to be a long summer/fall/winter if all we do is get at each others throats and bring a halt to every thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #42
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
First problem with your roster is that val is on it.
he is playing in europe this year so that isn't possible.

Yep I knew that. I was "projecting, hoping" that some sort of buyout miracle worked out and there was an NBA season. Both are stretches right now....

But the thread is "what I would like to see - reasonableness not always required"
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #43
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Because it's a stupid thread. There is a 95% chance that their won't be a season next year. Our team is scrap metal regardless and even if there was a season next year we will be a bottom 5 team again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i understand trying to be more respectful of other people's opinion because everyone is here to share an opinion,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Didn't know Bryan Colongelo posted on IH.

That's ****in terrible.

Your opinion.

I read how everyone is an expert and has analysis about what the Raptors should do etc etc. Ad naseum...

I am tired of reading all the analysis (and bashing of everyones elses analysis) and more interested in reading your projecting a roster of 12 - 15 If there were a season on the go at All star break. Whether this a season or not etc etc

The roster you project tells me all I need to know about the kind of trades team you want to see.

I dont need volumes about what can and cant be done - thanks.

Nor do I need to read about what is and isnt stupid thanks.

Dont participate if you dont want to... no big. CU Later

Last edited by Jballer : 07-28-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #44
Jballer
Local High School Star

<On Topic>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer

Chris Kaman (via Clippers for Bargnani) C
Jonas Valanciunas - C
Solomon Alabi - C
Ed Davis – PF
Amir Johnson - PF
Linas Kliza - SF
James Johnson - SF
Demar Derozan – SF SG
Jerryd Bayliss – SG - PG
Anthony Parker - SG
Leandro Barbossa - SG
Aaron Brooks (via Lakers via Suns for Jose/cash/draft picks) PG

Sonny Weems based on Price/Length of deal - SF
Reggie Evans based on Price/Length of deal – C/PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
My team for next year

PG Bayless
SG Derozan
SF Johnson
PF Davis
C Bargs

Bench
Jose
Kleiza
Amir
Alibi
Scrub
Scrub
Scrub

Oh - but you will say, this is the same god awful team from last year.
And I will say yes, the same team as last year. Let's see how these players can develop. Bayless, Derozan, Johnson and Davis. I want to see what they can do. At the same time we will be at the top of the draft lottery in one of the deepest drafts of all time.
You will notice that Barbosa is not on the team because he hurts the tank and, frankly, he deserves to play on a winner.
You will notice that bargs and jose are on the team because they help the tank. If we were offered a 1st round draft pick for either (lottery for bargs) i would accept.

Quote:

Calderon
Ray Allen / Barbosa
Garnett / Ed Davis
Bargnani / Valanciunas

(would be better FC to fill out a full roster i.e. 12 - 14 )

Last edited by Jballer : 07-28-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #45
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

ON TOPIC

PG- Don't Care/ Don't Care /Don't Care
SG-Demar DeRozan/ Don't Care /Don't Care
SF- Don't Care/ Don't Care /Don't Care
PF- Ed Davis/ Don't Care /Don't Care
C- Don't Care/ Don't Care /Don't Care