Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Lucifer
Banned

Lucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputation
Default LBJ & Wade are great defenders .....MYTH

Why are they so damn overrated on the defensive end on ISH? Are you guys suckers for chase down blocks and playing the lanes for steals? Big friggin deal, i can name a ton of scrubs off the top of my head who average a steal a game.

When it comes down to MAN ON MAN d and playing TEAM defense, these guys are overrated as hell. They're in their athletic primes so it helps, once they both turn 30 they'll be a liability on the most IMPORTANT end of the court.

For comparisons sake...

Kobe the GOAT has 9 first team defensive teams tying MJ and Payton. I'll be the first to admit his defense has declined a bit against stars in their primes, but he still played average D his whole career.

LeBron =3
Wade=0
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: LBJ & Wade are great defenders .....MYTH

A Kobe-stan trashing about LBJ and Wade. What a surprise!
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Lucifer
Banned

Lucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputationLucifer has a very bad reputation

Did I not use MJ and Payton's first team D's as well? Ignorant LBJ/Wade bandwagoner. Please exit my thread you're not welcome here

Last edited by Lucifer : 07-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer
I'm not a Kobe fan, i am an NBA fan making a factual observation.

Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
GiveItToBurrito

Total troll thread, but look at the opposing teams' performance by position - small forwards and shooting guards do terribly against the Heat.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Kargo
I hit open layups

Kargo has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
Total troll thread, but look at the opposing teams' performance by position - small forwards and shooting guards do terribly against the Heat.

Like Jason Terry and Shawn Marion right?

Lebron definitely played a terrific job on them,proving his goat D status.

It's no wonder the Heat beat the Mavs 4-0...the defensive intensity of Lebron and Wade was too much to match.
Kargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo

It's no wonder the Heat beat the Mavs 4-0...the defensive intensity of Lebron and Wade was too much to match.
Like Kobe did such a great job on either of them.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Like Kobe did such a great job on either of them.

This

That's why I rarely posts in the main NBA Forum. I just want to see a healthy basketball discussion. These guys needs to stop demonizing the rivals of their favorite NBA Players.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

kobe has been given the first all team defense award as a life time achievement award for the past 4 years. Just like his MVP award.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo

Ok, we'll just pretend the rest of the season didn't happen. Terry and Marion were good, but it's not like either was averaging 30 a game. You could make the argument that they were better in that series than Lebron and Wade, but that argument basically means that they're better players than Lebron and Wade. If you want to believe that, fine, but you'll be the 1 in 1000000 who would rather build a team around Terry and Marion than Lebron and Wade.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't take the bait, dude is a troll creating hate for kobe
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
That's why I rarely posts in the main NBA Forum.

good riddance
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

if kobe and lebron, and maybe dwight all retired or didn't play a season, with the media occasionally making up stories about them, like 50 point game here, 40 points here, the media would still vote them into the first teams.
half of the people who vote for the teams i guarantee you don't even watch the games.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
GiveItToBurrito

By the way, the idea that any scrubs can get two blocks or two steals a game is pretty stupid, that requires a lot of athleticism. Almost everyone who can get two of either or especially both at the very least is one of the better athletes in the league and more often than not will either become a star or one of those Tyrus Thomas types who could become stars if they had a better head on their shoulders.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
Lucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

That's why I rarely posts in the main NBA Forum. I just want to see a healthy basketball discussion. These guys needs to stop demonizing the rivals of their favorite NBA Players.

AKA "being the Lebron stan that I am, I have nothing to say after his epic choke job in the finals."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: