Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-25-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Communicating makes you play harder.

was playing tonight and our team was really communicating well and it really seemed to pick up our intensity. Normally guys just call out screens or say by yourself but that's about it... tonight we had this coach on our team and damn was he yellin out there lol. It was almost kind of annoying cus he was loud, but I mean he's calling out shit like baseline's open, hedge on the screen... stuff in pickup people normally don't say but really does help and have a lot of meaning. I feel like any competitive game you play, you should play it as if you were playing at the highest level, and any good team especially at a high level will communicate. I think it really does raise your intensity and makes you really take responsibility. If someone calls out a screen but doesn't tell you where they are helping, that doesn't do any good and if a score comes from it, nobody takes the blame for it really because no communication was there. With communication, you know what's going on and what your responsibly is. You have to hold a lot guys accountable to get the most out of them. especially in pickup. For me I want to stay on as long as possible, and more importantly compete a high level and win... communication is definitely a key to that. If you find yourself playing with a bunch of guys you don't know, start communicating, and they will either follow you and play harder, or they will sulk and not take responsibility and that case you know who's team not to play on next time lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
purplch0de
Banned

Default Re: Communicating makes you play harder.

purplch0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default Re: Communicating makes you play harder.

boy you just think you are real funny huh?

Edit: Well maybe you are right.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 07-28-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: