Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-23-2006, 04:24 AM   #1
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Trevor Ariza Over Darko Milicic

Trevor is playing over Darko, so once again no, Larry Brown had nothing to do with the debacle last year
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I liked Arzia and though he had a good future as a player. I don't know why they traded him, it seemed like that was the kind of played Larry wanted.

Balkman is a lot like him but bigger faster and more talented, so I don't think he would add anything to the team right now. But he was young and did the dirty work, played D too.

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face I never liked Brown, but he forgot more about basketball than most people know including most professional coaches.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Trevor Ariza had 23 points last night vs GS
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

Ariza is a good role player, milicic is a bumb, and a waisted pic that should have been melo.

The knicks got rid of him because Larry Brown didnt want him on the team anymore. Isaih likes him, but to be honest i dont miss him w/ balkman on the team, balkman will be a better player than ariza.

One thing about ariza is he can posterize someone, and in the open floor he is sick. He is actually bigger than balkman. Balkman is 6' 7" tops. Ariza is at least 6' 9". He has grown since he left the team.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Ariza is a hell of a dunker, but he really wasn't good at anything else. He was an average defender and he had no offensive moves. Defenders would leave him wide open for the J and Ariza didn't have the skills to drive the hole.

However, I still remember the vicious dunk he had on Ben Wallace last year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmRJK2EifKY
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:38 AM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

When i saw the dunk on wallace i didn't see it coming at all. I didn't think he'd try big ben but he did. Thought he would finger roll it or something
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default I dont miss ariza

Balkman is better then ariza...better ball handler, faster, quicker, stronger, and same defender he even rebounds better and blocks shots.

Ariza has never had a 7pt, 15 reb, and 2 block shots kind of night. Balkman does. not everyday but i see a great role player in him if he can shoot. he also has a better mentality.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Balkman is raw but he has heart and is intelligent.

He along with Lee must develop a short jumper or they will never be anything other than a bench player. That's what makes the difference between a great player and not. That's why Jefferies should not start. Lee has a good jump shot but seems afraid to use it, he wants to be too perfect and needs to relax. Same for Frye some times. To be a good jump shooter you have to relax your body just like a free throw.

That's what made the Knicks of the early 70's, they all could hit the open short range jump shot.

It's lost these days. Either a guy wants to dunk or hit the trey.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: