Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Timberwolves will interview Larry Brown for coaching job

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I can't think of a worse fit. Larry Brown doesn't like uptempo offenses, he hates young players, and he's got a history of quitting once he gets bored. Kahn is definitely going to sign him to a 5-year 40 million deal.

He better off signing nellie and quiting, because nellie will take his position. GM/Coach
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Although Brown is a great basketball mind, he's not a good fit for the Wolves.

He's an interesting coach, a guy who puts an emphasis on "playing the RIGHT WAY", a great fundamentals guy.

If the Wolves didn't have so much stock in Rubio, I'd actually say go for it, because he'd teach guys like Beasley maturity, a great work ethic, and a solid foundation of basketball basics.

However, Brown's shortcomings involve the improvisation of basketball, it's spontaneity, and free thinking. His style would handicap a creative point guard with strong court vision like a Jason Kidd, a Chris Paul, or a Ricky Rubio.

Ideally, to best suit Brown's strengths you'd want a half court team, who's most talented pieces lie at any position not named point guard.
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Brown's days as a head coach are done (or at least should be done). He hasnt had great coaching stints as of late, and I do not think his style will do well in Minny. He needs to just hang it up.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

they should reconfigure the conferences to teams larry brown's coached and teams he didn't.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
He better off signing nellie and quiting, because nellie will take his position. GM/Coach

i actually think brian shaw would be perfect for the position. i doubt kahn would go for it though since they already hired a guy from the lakers (rambis) and it didn't work out
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Really Mike Woodson.

the classic "its my turn, now its your turn, now its my turn, no wait its his turn offense." Should be great with a young team with limited talent.

This

Lol @ Woodson coaching the Wolves
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #22
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

I think this is a play by Kahn to show to the media that some high profile names are actually interested in the job. I don't think there is a chance in hell Brown gets the job under any circumstance.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #23
Kevin_Gamble
Good High School Starter

Kevin_Gamble has decent reputationKevin_Gamble has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Minny is bizarre, they don't hire, draft, trade, with any regard for what there plan seems to be, or what the fit is. It's the Isiah plan, except with hoarding young players and picks instead of shipping them out. They want to play uptempo, have uptemo pieces they are trying to acquire, and want Larry Brown? WTF?

I mean, for years Ainge did the same thing, and the Celtics were pitifully bad, and Pierce was literally going insane, until one day he turned all those assets into KG and Ray Allen. To be honest, now I am a believer in the "Isaiah plan," as it's so damn hard to find the right players in the draft and the free agency.

That said, I don't think Minny is going anywhere, especially if they go with Larry Brown.
Kevin_Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: