Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 06:52 AM   #1
guangmoreno
Banned

Default Hahahahha Duncan Vs Yao

it's nice that ESPN annonced the big men game, with the pic ofYao vs Duncan, IMO, Duncan tried beat Yao one to one yesterday, to prove that he>Yao, that's why he played poorly last game, he was selfish, and Duncan can't beat Yao one to one, cause YAo>Duncan this year. Duncan can't shot with Yao's D.
And i was so happy that Rox others players stepped up, it was a team play last night, don't only rely on Yao, he's got always Double-team, so sb should shot too, or just let Yao plays half time, to have a big lead, then Bench him for the 2nd half, i think JVG SUCKS, cause he has a lot of opportunity to win, he can change his strategy,with more variaty, not only let Yao play, cause Yao can score every 1er half 20 pts, and in the 2nd half, he plays always the same with Double-team, that's why he can't have the ball, that's why he has so many tos, cause every coach and player watch how he plays, so JVG must change his plan for the 2nd half.
And an other point, Duncan is so poor to make free throw, but Yao makes 100% his free throw when he gets fouled. To stop Duncan, foul him when he scores, and let he fail his free throw.
Go Rox, everyone wakes up, consider Yao a advantage, but not the MAN, cause since Lakers became KOBES, they are worse than if every player plays, so don't let Rox become Yaos neither. it's every player's team, no body in the history won a ring alone, it's always a team work. look at Suns, Mav, Spurs there are not only NASH, Dirk, Duncan, they have plenty good players. Bonzi be 2nd scorer of Rox, and the others become stronger, you're not scrubs like all the others say.
guangmoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
Wuxia
Local High School Star

First off, your english sucks.

Second, true Yao has became a better scorer this year but Duncan is better at everything else(literally). He's a better rebounder, defender, passer, leader, you name it.

Duncan just had an awful game last night. The Spurs got what they wanted and got Yao into foul trouble and made him a non-factor in the second half of last night's game. They just could not capitalize against a bunch of scrubs. Duncan was just struggling against everyone. He went up against quite possibly the worst front court in the history of the NBA in Howard, Chuck Hayes, Scott Padget,and a 90 year old Mutombo and couldn't do a damm thing.

Coming from a Spurs fan, the only positive thing I could come up with is how well Duncan played Yao defensively. It took 2 quarters for Pop to figure out to put Duncan on Yao and I thought Duncan D Yao up really well. Elson was just too weak against Yao.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
TDMVPDPOY
I brick open layups

Currently the rockets have what it takes to challenge the spurs/mavs in the playoffs, i can expect upsets. They have the tools to beat these 2 teams.

Now back to the game, good you have the victory but dont get overhype about it. Spurs are coasting atm, when playoffs come, you will see the real spurs.
TDMVPDPOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Cut the original poster some slack about his English. He's biracial. Half hispanic, half dumbass.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Cut the original poster some slack about his English. He's biracial. Half hispanic, half dumbass.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
LakersRuleTheNBA
Great young streetballer

I don't mind seeing Yao and the Rox having a good playoff seed and beating the Mavs/Spurs. Houston will go crazy! Though, those teams better not beat my Lakers in a series.
LakersRuleTheNBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
BonyFaceNDong
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia

Coming from a Spurs fan, the only positive thing I could come up with is how well Duncan played Yao defensively. It took 2 quarters for Pop to figure out to put Duncan on Yao and I thought Duncan D Yao up really well. Elson was just too weak against Yao.

I happened to watch the game. Duncan was allowed to push Yao to the ground, slap Yao's arms to get steal etc, while other Spurs centers were not allowed to do that. Of course, Yao wasn't allowed to do that either and got called for some tic tac stuff. Refs just gave Duncan way too much respect.

Yao still made a few easy hook shots over Duncan. IF they were treated equally, either Duncan would foul out before Yao or Yao would get his 30+。
BonyFaceNDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
he is seriously worse at articulating ideas than anyone I have ever encountered. ever. it's something that you just stare in awe at.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns

Half dumbass? This coming from the person who once said trade Bonzi Wells for David Wesley? Yeah real smart!
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #10
icemanfan
National High School Star

I love the Duncan hate. Keep it coming.
3 time finals mvp, the only player to have a triple double in the finals since Barkley in the 90's and two blocks shy of the only finals quad double
two times league mvp once all-star game mvp all NBA team and defensive team numurous times. Yao Ming ain't fit to like Duncans ball sweat.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
3 time finals mvp, the only player to have a triple double in the finals since Barkley in the 90's and two blocks shy of the only finals quad double
two times league mvp once all-star game mvp all NBA team and defensive team numurous times. Yao Ming ain't fit to like Duncans ball sweat.

All those accomplishments mean squat today.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #12
BonyFaceNDong
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan

Make no mistake, Duncan is a top 5 PF in NBA history, Yao is not in the same league yet.Nothing to hate Duncan about. But Duncan is starting to slow down a bit now and Yao is just entering his prime.
BonyFaceNDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

I tried to read this but my head started hurting and I think I was about to have an aneurysm trying to comprehend his horrible english.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #14
icemanfan
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyFaceNDong
Make no mistake, Duncan is a top 5 PF in NBA history, Yao is not in the same league yet.Nothing to hate Duncan about. But Duncan is starting to slow down a bit now and Yao is just entering his prime.
any player that takes that long to "enter their prime" isn't going to have much of a prime to talk about. Duncans first championship and finals MVP was in his 2nd year in the League. Yaos was in um ...hmmm thats right other than rookie of the year and most votes from a foriegn country in the all start game the guy hasn't won *****. Not even with T-Mac on the same team. Most impresive ...if your into losers.

Last edited by icemanfan : 12-23-2006 at 06:08 PM.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #15
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyFaceNDong

I think i'll settle with an aging Duncan that can give me 21/10/4 on 56% shooting in 34 mintues of play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: