Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #16
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
any player that takes that long to "enter their prime" isn't going to have much of a prime to talk about. Duncans first championship and finals MVP was in his 2nd year in the League. Yaos was in um ...hmmm thats right other than rookie of the year and most votes from a foriegn country in the all start game the guy hasn't won *****. Not even with T-Mac on the same team. Most impresive ...if your into losers.

Its funny how a little incoherent crap from the original poster can make you sink to his level.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #17
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Its funny how a little incoherent crap from the original poster can make you sink to his level.
all i used were FACTS. You can look them up on NBA.com. Where are your facts?
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
all i used were FACTS. You can look them up on NBA.com. Where are your facts?

You don't need to recite all of Timmy's accomplishments to prove your point, its only making you look like an idiot. You can choose to ignore other people's opinion, even though you think its idiotic. I thought you were above this type of immature behavior. I guess a blowout loss brings out the worse in people.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #19
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

Rockets fans do.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #20
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You don't need to recite all of Timmy's accomplishments to prove your point, its only making you look like an idiot. You can choose to ignore other people's opinion, even though you think its idiotic. I thought you were above this type of immature behavior. I guess a blowout loss brings out the worse in people.
again use facts not opinion to quote you "its only making you look like an idiot" to do otherwise.
as for ignoring people its a board, you know where you post things.
I do appologize to the true and reasonable Rockets fans
I have nothing against the Rockets and Yao (who is having a great year). I do take exception to Duncan haters.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #21
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
again use facts not opinion to quote you "its only making you look like an idiot" to do otherwise.

Do you really think lines like:"Yaos was in um ...hmmm thats right other than rookie of the year and most votes from a foriegn country in the all start game the guy hasn't won *****. Not even with T-Mac on the same team. Most impresive ...if your into losers."

isn't an example of sinking to the original poster's level?
Quote:
I do appologize to the true and reasonable Rockets fans
I have nothing against the Rockets and Yao (who is having a great year). I do take exception to Duncan haters.

IMO a hater is a guy who deliberately goes into another person's topic and bash a certain player or starts a topic bashing a certain player (knoe for example). Even though I can't understand the guy's messy sentences, he seems more like a Yao homer then a Duncan hater. so u really didn't need to use lines like: "Yao Ming ain't fit to like Duncans ball sweat.", which sinks you to his level. This unnecessarily drags other rocket fans into the argument, but I'm glad you have class and apologized.

Quote:
as for ignoring people its a board, you know where you post things.

Sometimes you ignore the idiots to avert hatred between reasonable posters.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #22
BonyFaceNDong
I hit open 5-footers

BonyFaceNDong has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
any player that takes that long to "enter their prime" isn't going to have much of a prime to talk about. Duncans first championship and finals MVP was in his 2nd year in the League. Yaos was in um ...hmmm thats right other than rookie of the year and most votes from a foriegn country in the all start game the guy hasn't won *****. Not even with T-Mac on the same team. Most impresive ...if your into losers.

Nobody in NBA history went through what Yao had to. Culture difference, style difference, languge difference. Look at how thin and how bad condition Yao was when he entered league. It's quite an achievement for him to get to this level. Look at KG's and Kobe's career, it pretty much took them same amount of time to become great. So take that long to enter their prime and have a prime is not uncommon.

No need to attack Yao like that, that's low. Nobody here is denying TD's greatness. It's still a huge question mark if Yao can ever accomplish what TD has accomplished over his career. But no matter how great a player is, he'd eventually be slowed down by age or injury, just like MJ. That's not hating. Yao is currently becmoing a more dominant force, that's just a fact, no need to get so upset.
BonyFaceNDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #23
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Do you really think lines like:"Yaos was in um ...hmmm thats right other than rookie of the year and most votes from a foriegn country in the all start game the guy hasn't won *****. Not even with T-Mac on the same team. Most impresive ...if your into losers."

isn't an example of sinking to the original poster's level?

perhaps

IMO a hater is a guy who deliberately goes into another person's topic and bash a certain player or starts a topic bashing a certain player (knoe for example). Even though I can't understand the guy's messy sentences, he seems more like a Yao homer then a Duncan hater. so u really didn't need to use lines like: "Yao Ming ain't fit to like Duncans ball sweat.", which sinks you to his level. This unnecessarily drags other rocket fans into the argument, but I'm glad you have class and apologized.

Sometimes you ignore the idiots to avert hatred between reasonable posters.

i ignored the first couple of years on ISH and it doesn't work they only get worse but i understand what u r saying
Old 12-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #24
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Yes bc Garnett sucks right?
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Yes bc Garnett sucks right?
wasn't Garnett primed by his third year as a HS recruit? maybe I'm wrong. but in his third year in the league he was younger than Duncan was his rookie year. keep in mind duncan's rookie year was like age 21-22.. he played 4 years of college.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
icemanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
wasn't Garnett primed by his third year as a HS recruit? maybe I'm wrong. but in his third year in the league he was younger than Duncan was his rookie year. keep in mind duncan's rookie year was like age 21-22.. he played 4 years of college.
he was 21 and how old was Yao? Doesn't matter I was going after the Yao jock riders and Duncan haters. Yao is having a great year but he has not proven *****. As Bill Russell said the only stat that means anything is wins and losses. Win a ring, win a Finals MVP and then lets talk about how great he is.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:29 AM   #27
KIWI

mmm yao=injury prone sorry but its true
Old 12-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #28
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI BOY
mmm yao=injury prone sorry but its true

Right. I'm sure Yao could have avoided Tim Thomas falling on his knee and Okur kicking him in the foot.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:39 AM   #29
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Right. I'm sure Yao could have avoided Tim Thomas falling on his knee and Okur kicking him in the foot.

dude i never said that or ment that lmao

i just think i guy of his size is prone to injuries he does get alot of niggling little injuries here and there and you cant disagree with that!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #30
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI BOY
dude i never said that or ment that lmao

i just think i guy of his size is prone to injuries he does get alot of niggling little injuries here and there and you cant disagree with that!
niggling injuries? I don't know of any. He only missed two games until the foot incident and now this. That is not injury prone just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not to mention the problems he had with his crappy shoes from Reebok.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: