Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far
Default Can the Raps or Knicks take a big lead in the Atlantic?

- Pierce is out for a while
- Kristc is probably out for even longer (Who scores inside for the Nets now?)
- Philly is tanking

If the Raps get Bosh back anytime soon, they could shock the world! Or maybe Zeke can save his job?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

i dont know about big lead, (10 or 11 games to finish the season) but now it is conceivable the Nets lose the division.

and the Nets have Mile Ilic and Josh Boone who are offensive and defensive forces.... who are inexperienced in the NBA. but hey they said Nenad Krstic was inexperienced in 04-05 and they thrust him into the starting role and they got results. hopefully, things will repeat themselves.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

Also, Raps have no more WC road trips. They have done pretty well w/o Bosh.

Anyone have a timetable on his return? Why are so many key guys getting hurt this year?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
and the Nets have Mile Ilic

that guy is TRASH, please do not mention him in any argument
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

If I'm NJ, I trade for Magloire..
Old 12-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
that guy is TRASH, please do not mention him in any argument

how did you come to that rationale? explain?
Old 12-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
If I'm NJ, I trade for Magloire..

if I am Portland I would accept the Nets offer...

check the Nets forum, we have compiled an unofficial list of trades for big men which we have sought but have been shot down because the other team wants #1 picks.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
how did you come to that rationale? explain?

Before the season started I watched Real Training Camp with the Nets on Raps NBA TV. Everytime he came in he looked so slow and awkward and looked as if he didnt know what he was doing. Might be good for a couple blocked shots but not much else IMO. Someone who wont be in the league in 5 years.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #9
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

yes, raptors are rolling.

no chance the knicks do anything though... just look at their record at home... then realize how many road trips they still have to do.

i gotta give it up to toronto's new depth, which has definitely helped us with bosh out (he's expected back late next week) and ofcourse TJ Ford.

i dont miss mike james ONE LITTLE BIT... it's so refreshing having a real PG
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

i think Sam Mitchell's very presence will prevent TOronto from clinching the division early.

i think it will be a neck and neck race between NJ and Toronto (barring any major trades which cripple one team or the other)
Old 12-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
no chance the knicks do anything though... just look at their record at home... then realize how many road trips they still have to do.

are you an idiot? the knicks have been doing good lately.

3 game win streak and 2 of them were at home. Don't worry about our home record because it's shaping up and we are actually a better road team so if we have more road games then thats the better.

Knicks will have 13 wins after todays game vs philly
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

the Chicago win was impressive.

the miracle win over Charlotte and the previous one was not.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #13
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Oh really? The Knicks home record is really inproving lately just like the team The Knicks have been reboundind excellently, playing defense, and passing well. Marbury is actually resembling a player, and scoring while also distributing the ball. Curry has been getting 20 points games like they are nothing, and Lee has been getting 15+ rebound games. And more road trips would only be good because of how well we've played on the road. I think the Knicks have a good chance to take a division lead.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #14
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Are you guys dreaming? Since when is 5-7 a good record?

You've been playing better on the road than at home I suppose(7-10 vs 5-7, not much difference), but far from

Quote:
And more road trips would only be good because of how well we've played on the road

Quote:
so if we have more road games then thats the better.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #15
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Not saying we'll have a winning record come seasons end, but the team that wins this division most likely won't.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: