Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #31
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It doesn't change the perception that the Raptors are young and building towards something while the Knicks are struggling with high paid, mediocre talent. This is the determining factor where fans will give the benefit of the doubt to the Raptors as an improving franchise, where as will crucify the Knicks for being stuck in mediocrity. I don't think the Knicks could do anything short of make the playoffs with a decent record to garner some respect.

Mediocre talent, if anything, talent is our biggest strength, and if anything, we have too much talent. We need to trim our roster down a bit and try to get rid of Francis, Robinson, and/or Crawford. I really don't see how you can call the Knicks mediocre talent when Jorge Gjarbosa is starting for your team.

Secondly, as Handle The Rock mentioned, we have plenty of young pieces. We had 3 1st round pick last year, that all play a role on our team, and Curry, our future (which puts a not in my stomach everytime I say that), is what, 25. He's probably younger then 3/4 of your team, and he's played like an All-Star this year.

As for the improving, it's not like we're going backwards. We had 23 wins last year, and this year we have 12 wins, only 1/3 into the season. I'm not trying to brag, b/c 12 and 17 isn't a record one should brag about, but after what happened last year, yeah I'll take it.

We also have a new coach, more defensive players, and our young players have shown great improvement (except for Crawford who's been way too streaky this year.) Who would of thought Lee would of ever been a double-double this point in his career? People were crucifying Frye in the beginning of the season, but since his return from injury, he's been rebounding, blocking shots, and shooting that mid-range J. And this is all being done without our best player, imo Q-Rich.

All I'm trying to say your points about the Raps being younger, having better talented players, isn't too valid when you compare it to the Knicks.

Last edited by ALBballer : 12-23-2006 at 04:17 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:14 PM   #32
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
All I'm trying to say your points about the Raps being younger, having better talented players, isn't too valid when you compare it to the Knicks.

Excacly.

Quote:
Jorge Gjarbosa

He's an old ass rookie
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #33
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I really don't see how you can call the Knicks mediocre talent when Jorge Gjarbosa is starting for your team.

It's Garbajosa

Yeah I can't believe he's starting either.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:24 PM   #34
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

It's been a weak rookie class, I really don't know see what there's to brag about.

Edit: Sorry for the spelling, I blame it on my Albanian roots (Gj is a letter in the Alphabet).
Old 12-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #35
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Mediocre talent, if anything, talent is our biggest strength, and if anything, we have too much talent. We need to trim our roster down a bit and try to get rid of Francis, Robinson, and/or Crawford. I really don't see how you can call the Knicks mediocre talent when Jorge Gjarbosa is starting for your team.

Chris Bosh (22 Years Old) - 20.5 PTS, 12.2 REBS, 2.0 ASSTS, 1.1 BLKS
TJ Ford (23 Years Old) - 15.1 PTS, 8.2 ASSTS, 4.0 REBS, 1.0 STLS
Andrea Bargnani (21 Years Old) - 9.8 PTS, 3.5 REBS
Jose Calderon (25 Years Old) - 6.3 PTS, 3.0 ASSTS, 1.4 REBS

Joey Graham (24 Years Old), Kris Humphries (21 Years Old), PJ Tucker (21 Years Old) also contribute.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #36
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Raps Congrats on the rookie rankings for Garbajosa.

Him, Bargs and Bosh is a fine front court along with Lee, Frye and Curry. Good Luck
Old 12-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #37
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Chris Bosh (22 Years Old) - 20.5 PTS, 12.2 REBS, 2.0 ASSTS, 1.1 BLKS
TJ Ford (23 Years Old) - 15.1 PTS, 8.2 ASSTS, 4.0 REBS, 1.0 STLS
Andrea Bargnani (21 Years Old) - 9.8 PTS, 3.5 REBS
Jose Calderon (25 Years Old) - 6.3 PTS, 3.0 ASSTS, 1.4 REBS

Joey Graham (24 Years Old), Kris Humphries (21 Years Old), PJ Tucker (21 Years Old) also contribute.

Nate Robinson- 22 years old - 9 or 10 points
David Lee- 23 years old- 11 points and 10 rebounds
Eddy Curry- 24/25 years old- 18/7
Q- Rich- 25/26 years old- 13/7
Craword- 25 years old- 16 points (bad percentage though)
Channing Frye- 23 years old, but is probably having similar stats to Bargnani.

Then you have Jeffries who's 26 who only played a few games, Collins is young but hasn't really contributed, and Balkman (22 years old) who has provided good defense and hustle.

However, I will say that the Knicks have no way near the player of a Bosh on this team, but I still don't see how the Raps are a younger team.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #38
scrotania
Banned

scrotania has an OK reputation so far

some of those players aren't **** though. Nate Robinson?

and try telling me Lee will be even close to Bargnani in a couple years...heck, even next year.
scrotania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #39
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotania
some of those players aren't **** though. Nate Robinson?

and try telling me Lee will be even close to Bargnani in a couple years...heck, even next year.

In a couple Years Lee is going to be avg. just about 16-18 ppg with 12-14 rpg.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #40
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

The thing with the Raptors young talent is that they look to have 3 future stars.

Bosh already is at 21/12

TJ Ford is close at 15/4/8

Bargnani is only at 10/4, but he is a rookie who is getting better everyday. From all the articles I've read and all the GM polls it looks like most agree that Bargnani will be a star in the future.

The Knicks however have much more young talent but they aren't as good.

It's quality vs. quantity.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Eddy Curry Is Avg. 18 Points Per Game.

Jamal Crawford 16 Points Per Game.

David Lee 11 Rebounds Per Game.

Channing Frye is going to be a good big man in the league, Right behind Curry. He'll Avg. 18 PPG in his career i predict.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #42
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Eddy Curry Is Avg. 18 Points Per Game.

Jamal Crawford 16 Points Per Game.

David Lee 11 Rebounds Per Game.

Channing Frye is going to be a good big man in the league, Right behind Curry. He'll Avg. 18 PPG in his career i predict.

Yeah they have a lot of talent, that is undeniable. Don't forget though that Curry averages 4 fouls 32 minutes, Crawford shoots under 38% and Frye is under 40%.

David Lee is a beast though. Problem is he plays the same position as Channing Frye. Who do you put there long term?
Old 12-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #43
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Knicks have a young core, but they don't have a young superstar, and in the past 10 or more years, superstars win championships.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #44
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Knicks have a young core, but they don't have a young superstar, and in the past 10 or more years, superstars win championships.

not so sure.

Heat- okay. Wade and the whistles won this one. Shaq plyed decoy and was mostly a nonfactor. got posterized by Dampier a few times in that series.

Spurs- comon, Duncan is a superstar, but he is not a one on one kind of guy. Duncan and the Spurs epitomize team play

Pistons- Best STarting 5 in the NBA at the time?

Lakers- Weak East, two future hall of famers. there you go

Bulls- Though Jordan was the GOAT, it was team play which propelled them to 6 titles.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #45
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
not so sure.

Heat- okay. Wade and the whistles won this one. Shaq plyed decoy and was mostly a nonfactor. got posterized by Dampier a few times in that series.

Spurs- comon, Duncan is a superstar, but he is not a one on one kind of guy. Duncan and the Spurs epitomize team play

Pistons- Best STarting 5 in the NBA at the time?

Lakers- Weak East, two future hall of famers. there you go

Bulls- Though Jordan was the GOAT, it was team play which propelled them to 6 titles.

All those teams sans Detriot had superstars . . .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: