Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #16
detroitdogg
High School Varsity 6th Man

detroitdogg has not been impressing people
Default Re: Thanks to drunken driving, Jalen Rose gets to spend 20 days in jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
my dude.....are you piecing together news stories? or are you telling the truth?

would be better if you're lying, cause if you're telling the truth...might wanna stop "looking like money" and start getting some money and move out of where ever you stay at.

Looking rich and living in a F'd up area is silly.

again, hope you're just making this all up...hate to think that young dudes out there still haven't figured it out yet.
Nah bro, I live solo, but I have my lil girl a lot. I no longer stay in the immediate hood, but its where I conduct things that I do (coaching a bball team, going to the studio with my ******, just chilling, ect), as tough as it is, I love my city, I love my hood, and I will never turn my back on it. I grew up around all dopeboys, old and young, I guess I attracted the flashiness from them, I'm smart with mine though, I don't invite myself to negative situations, but they can always find you, feel me.

I like kicking it with the young dudes out there grinding, I like posting up at basketball courts recruiting them to come play for me, I like posting on the block with my friends, I like going to the island and fooling, its part of the Detroit lifestyle, I can change my scenery, but I will never change who I am, I feel like I would be a bytch if I turned my back on my city.
detroitdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdogg
Nah bro, I live solo, but I have my lil girl a lot. I no longer stay in the immediate hood, but its where I conduct things that I do (coaching a bball team, going to the studio with my ******, just chilling, ect), as tough as it is, I love my city, I love my hood, and I will never turn my back on it. I grew up around all dopeboys, old and young, I guess I attracted the flashiness from them, I'm smart with mine though, I don't invite myself to negative situations, but they can always find you, feel me.

I like kicking it with the young dudes out there grinding, I like posting up at basketball courts recruiting them to come play for me, I like posting on the block with my friends, I like going to the island and fooling, its part of the Detroit lifestyle, I can change my scenery, but I will never change who I am, I feel like I would be a bytch if I turned my back on my city.

I appreciate you responding and not getting offended.

Who is going to raise your daughter if you get caught up in a bad situation because of where you are standing or what you have on?

People have frames of reference. You know people who are doing more negative things and in more negative situations, so compared to them..you are playing it safe. That's one of the worst things about the 'hood, and the hood is a mental place as well as a physical locale.it limits people...and their perspective.

What you consider playing it safe/smart...I consider committing 2 to 3 felonies every day of your life.

Remember the Scarface song "My Block"?

It's like the world don't exist/
we stay confined to this small little section we're livin in/
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
detroitdogg

Quote:

Who is going to raise your daughter if you get caught up in a bad situation because of where you are standing or what you have on?

People have frames of reference. You know people who are doing more negative things and in more negative situations, so compared to them..you are playing it safe. That's one of the worst things about the 'hood, and the hood is a mental place as well as a physical locale.it limits people...and their perspective.

What you consider playing it safe/smart...I consider committing 2 to 3 felonies every day of your life.

Real shit bro, I appreciate being able to talk some serious shit online at times, I guess I can say that I'm stuck in this mentality, but I'm only 24, and I already see me getting further and further away from it as time passes, especially since I'm bout to take some college classes to persue my goal (sports writing, I want to coach professionally, but I'm too old to just now start reguardless of how in depth my bball knowlege is).

The thing is, I always feel like mainstream America has a hard time accepting dudes who came from the type of enviroment I came from without a major change to their imagee. I admire 50 Cent cause a couple hundred millions later, he is still the same ghetto ***** he was In Southside Jamica Queens, feel me, dudes like Wayne has been changed to a weird ass emo nygga, Jay sold his soul to the rich white man years ago, Puff too, 50 is th only dude that still represents the gutter, and I want to be something like that no matter what my career choice is. If I'm not accepted as who I am, then I don't want that acceptance.

People in my circle knows my level of mental stregnth, and they will make sure I accomplish something for us. I mos def understand your perspective though, and +1 for the Scarface line, dude is one of my favorites (I prefer street reality rap, 50 is not what he used to be, but at his peak the only dude to spit that reality street shit on 50's level is Jay), good lookin on the post bro.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

postmupndunkit is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

That is so TRUE. I wish I could get all these cats back in school for either a ged or a trade...... join the military or SOMETHING. I'm on summer break and I see what goes on everyday....NOTHING....fighting, shooting, drug sales, sex, bm and bd drama, illegitimate children, dopeheadz, dopeboyz, donks, rim's that cost more than the car, fried chicken, mcdonalds, alcohol, car crashes, kids raising themselves, grandparents struggling, men locked up, girls running wild, boys running wild, home invasion, robberies, barbershops, beauty salons, beauty supply, aldi, walgreens, cvs, subway.... Just another day in 60628. (Wild Wild Hundreds A.K.A. Roseland)
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmupndunkit
That is so TRUE. I wish I could get all these cats back in school for either a ged or a trade...... join the military or SOMETHING. I'm on summer break and I see what goes on everyday....NOTHING....fighting, shooting, drug sales, sex, bm and bd drama, illegitimate children, dopeheadz, dopeboyz, donks, rim's that cost more than the car, fried chicken, mcdonalds, alcohol, car crashes, kids raising themselves, grandparents struggling, men locked up, girls running wild, boys running wild, home invasion, robberies, barbershops, beauty salons, beauty supply, aldi, walgreens, cvs, subway.... Just another day in 60628. (Wild Wild Hundreds A.K.A. Roseland)

So they shouldnt exist? You shouldnt exist? I shouldnt exist? Everyone else without married parents shouldn't exist?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #21
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

detroit,

check your pm later today.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #22
detroitdogg

O
Quote:
detroit,

check your pm later today.
Fasho, I got you bro
Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #23
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
So they shouldnt exist? You shouldnt exist? I shouldnt exist? Everyone else without married parents shouldn't exist?

Dude wrote a lot stuff in that past, not fair for you to single out one part of it.

Let me put this in basketball terms...and of course this is no disrespect to you or anybody else but let's keep it relevant to basketball for a second.

2 coaches...... 2 teams

one coach has roster full of high school guys who jumped into the league

one coach has team full of guys who played D-1 for at least 3 years, and euros who played in top leagues(and speak english)

I'm not asking which team has more talent, which team can win head to head,..but Which coach will have an easier time implementing an offense ?

and WHY?

Kobe,Lebron KG are alltime greats while four year duke,unc,georgetown,michigan players have failed in the league.

Individually kobe,lebron and kevin were talented and worked hard enough to realize their potentials....but the overall flood of high school, then one and done players into the league en masse has had a noticeable change in how the game is played and the overall fundamental skill level of nba talent.

place of birth, circumstances of birth don't limit or determine what someone can become BUT overall.....lot of children coming into the world into broken family structure isn't a GOOD thing... for society.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has decent reputation

As someone who has seen and lived on both sides of the fence, I really appreciate the mature exchange DetroitDogg is experiencing here. Props everyone. The only thing I would add is for you to reconsider the idea of growing into who you are PLUS something else, being 'Bitch". Reconsider that perspective. Adding something is different for taking something away. "Compartmentalization" is the term for it amongst elites.

Think of it like this......you can still handle business the way you need to with whomever you meet, when you can play the game equally well on both sides of the fence. I pride myself in being the dude who can get nearly equal respect in all types of social and business events, in any area. I can get along with the parents and family of nearly ANY race of girl I date. The only people who still won't give 100% to me are whites and jews over 60. Not saying you should want to do that, but I can tell you I sure take pride in it. I love being respected and never being able to get taken advantage of or gotten over on by anyone, anywhere.

But I digress,

I hope Jalen Rose gets kicked the **** off ESPN for any reason possible, just cause I find him a terrible, stupid, annoying, phony that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Get him off TV, even if it's for some BS reason.

Last edited by BarberSchool : 07-27-2011 at 05:09 PM.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #25
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Dude wrote a lot stuff in that past, not fair for you to single out one part of it.

Let me put this in basketball terms...and of course this is no disrespect to you or anybody else but let's keep it relevant to basketball for a second.

2 coaches...... 2 teams

one coach has roster full of high school guys who jumped into the league

one coach has team full of guys who played D-1 for at least 3 years, and euros who played in top leagues(and speak english)

I'm not asking which team has more talent, which team can win head to head,..but Which coach will have an easier time implementing an offense ?

and WHY?

Kobe,Lebron KG are alltime greats while four year duke,unc,georgetown,michigan players have failed in the league.

Individually kobe,lebron and kevin were talented and worked hard enough to realize their potentials....but the overall flood of high school, then one and done players into the league en masse has had a noticeable change in how the game is played and the overall fundamental skill level of nba talent.

place of birth, circumstances of birth don't limit or determine what someone can become BUT overall.....lot of children coming into the world into broken family structure isn't a GOOD thing... for society.

Horrible analogy. Absolutely horrible.

The fundemental skill level has evolved every decade based upon the trends of the NBA. The defensive oriented players of the late 80's-mid 90's grew up watching the up tempo shoot first basketball of the 70's-early 80's. The offensive oriented players of the early 2000's with multiple 25+ PPG scorers watched the defensive oriented players of the late 80's-mid 90's.

To try to make an analogy out of 1 & Dones coming into the NBA with children not having married parents is ridiculous. What you refer to as a "broken family structure" is subjective considering multiple relationships can represent a family. The subjective claim regarding the need for the father in a household to represent an emotional connection is as subjective as suggesting an only child is worse off without siblings.

& I had just got finished PMing you for one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen clamining Kareem was supposed to teach Mychal Thompson to play.

Last edited by Rowe : 07-27-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So sad
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #27
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
SMH, Bloomfield Hills iis full of racist ass white folk who does not give a fukk about anything but gettin cash, I misses the birth of my daughter cause I had to do 30 days for a driving on a suspended license, the judge laughed when I mentioned that I could miss the birth of my daughter, fukk them crackers.

look man i know it sux to be on the wrong end of a court case but ure gonna get jail time for driving on a suspended anywhere in the us.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #28
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
SMH, Bloomfield Hills iis full of racist ass white folk who does not give a fukk about anything but gettin cash, I misses the birth of my daughter cause I had to do 30 days for a driving on a suspended license, the judge laughed when I mentioned that I could miss the birth of my daughter, fukk them crackers.

were you hoping to not be punished for breaking the law?
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #29
detroitdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
look man i know it sux to be on the wrong end of a court case but ure gonna get jail time for driving on a suspended anywhere in the us.
What, I have 5 in Detroit alone and Judges have never even mentioned Jail Time, I have had a couple in other places (1 in harper woods 1 in Warren), I have only been flicked in the burbs 3 times in my life actually, didnt even scratch probation on the other 2, let alone jail time.

Last edited by detroitdogg : 07-27-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #30
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Horrible analogy. Absolutely horrible.

The fundemental skill level has evolved every decade based upon the trends of the NBA. The defensive oriented players of the late 80's-mid 90's grew up watching the up tempo shoot first basketball of the 70's-early 80's. The offensive oriented players of the early 2000's with multiple 25+ PPG scorers watched the defensive oriented players of the late 80's-mid 90's.

To try to make an analogy out of 1 & Dones coming into the NBA with children not having married parents is ridiculous. What you refer to as a "broken family structure" is subjective considering multiple relationships can represent a family. The subjective claim regarding the need for the father in a household to represent an emotional connection is as subjective as suggesting an only child is worse off without siblings.

& I had just got finished PMing you for one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen clamining Kareem was supposed to teach Mychal Thompson to play.

noticed that after all that writing, you never answered my question directly.

It's gonna be much easier implementing an offense to a team of division 1 3-4 year players and euros with years of experience versus a team of high school players.
100 out of 100 people would answer the question that way.You would too, if you wouldn't have danced around the answer.

========
If you honestly think that the need for a father being in the household is "subjective", then I just have to disagree with you and leave it at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_PZIhUKbLE

Last edited by get these NETS : 07-27-2011 at 10:37 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: