Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #31
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

Default Re: Thanks to drunken driving, Jalen Rose gets to spend 20 days in jail

The story here is the judge.

She does this to all marijuana possesion and DUI cases.

Execpt when here Daughter got a DIU and MIP at college, she asked that judge to go easy on her and the result was a slap on the wrist.

Same judge is currently being sued for the wrngful termination of the clerk who allegedly leaked the info about her Daughter.

Interesting stuff...
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #32
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdogg
What, I have 5 in Detroit alone and Judges have never even mentioned Jail Time, I have had a couple in other places (1 in harper woods 1 in Warren), I have only been flicked in the burbs 3 times in my life actually, didnt even scratch probation on the other 2, let alone jail time.
dam dude. both places i lived in cali are mandatory 18 of 30 days in county for gettin caught on a suspended. . . the judge takes that sh!t as an insult & goes harder than dui cases.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #33
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdogg
SMH, Bloomfield Hills iis full of racist ass white folk who does not give a fukk about anything but gettin cash, I misses the birth of my daughter cause I had to do 30 days for a driving on a suspended license, the judge laughed when I mentioned that I could miss the birth of my daughter, fukk them crackers.
You shouldn't be driving on a suspended license. It's hilarious when people knowingly break the law then complain when they get punished for it.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #34
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
noticed that after all that writing, you never answered my question directly.

It's gonna be much easier implementing an offense to a team of division 1 3-4 year players and euros with years of experience versus a team of high school players.
100 out of 100 people would answer the question that way.You would too, if you wouldn't have danced around the answer.

Fact of the matter is that you learn with experience & you excel with talent.

When coming into the NBA a 18 year old and a 4 year college player face the same learning curve to discover their role on a team. Those 3-4 year players at one point were the same HS players just 4 years earlier, but most werent as talented. However, a 22 year old with 4 years NBA experience is already more adept & knowledgable of the system being run than a 22 year old from college. An 18 year old with the opportunity to learn & play against pros will be far better off in 4 years than having gone to college to learn Flex, High Stack, Princeton plays that are not found at the next level. It is why Calipari is setting trends in college basketball with his NBA products because hes using a DDM that relies on being able to take your man off the dribble while using spacing for shooters. The only argument for the college route today is the development of guys who dont have an opportunity to play professionally out of HS and for the exposure.

Quote:
If you honestly think that the need for a father being in the household is "subjective", then I just have to disagree with you and leave it at that.

So you're telling me a man can not serve his duty as a father without being married to his child's mother & living in the home?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #35
ballerz
Local High School Star

Racism at its best
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #36
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerz
Racism at its best

Speak on only what you know. Im not supporting any of the stuff in this thread, but you have no clue what goes on as far as racial profiling & unjust sentences in America.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #37
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
So you're telling me a man can not serve his duty as a father without being married to his child's mother & living in the home?

Quote:

OK

1) I think you're taking this WAY too serious. There's a dude on who who had people openly question some of the decisions he's made in life , and dude didn't get offended one bit.

A guy on here wrote that in the context of young dudes in his neighborhood F ing up, that criminal activities, not seeking legal employment, education, vocational training and having illegitimate children were examples of negative behavior.

In that context I definitely agreed with him.

You singled out THAT part of his post and asked whether you he or other illegitimate children had a right to live or not

Struck me as odd that a post about young dudes being socially dormant , and listing examples of that dormancy-that you would be offended .

The implication of the illegitimate line, is young guy fathering a child and then NOT being in that child's life...physically, emotionally, financially to raise them...and be honest and admit that that's what the implication was and what the REALITY IS, MORE often than NOT.

Dudes who run out, shirk responsibility are *****...and put unnecessary strain on the woman and robs the children of an IMPORTANT part of their own development ....and damages society and the social order in the long run.

*men who have sex with men are homosexuals. men who run out on their families are ****.

Children need both parents the way I need BOTH feet. yes, I can get a prosthetic, and certainly I can adapt to not having both feet, but the ideal situation is to have both feet.

I think that if there was a higher % of men IN the household raising THEIR children WITH the mother......that a LOT of the chaos and crime that goes on in the 'hood would be greatly reduced.

I know that you agree with the last sentence,too.
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #38
get these NETS
you can't stop me

Quote:
Fact of the matter is that you learn with experience & you excel with talent.

When coming into the NBA a 18 year old and a 4 year college player face the same learning curve to discover their role on a team. Those 3-4 year players at one point were the same HS players just 4 years earlier, but most werent as talented. However, a 22 year old with 4 years NBA experience is already more adept & knowledgable of the system being run than a 22 year old from college. An 18 year old with the opportunity to learn & play against pros will be far better off in 4 years than having gone to college to learn Flex, High Stack, Princeton plays that are not found at the next level. It is why Calipari is setting trends in college basketball with his NBA products because hes using a DDM that relies on being able to take your man off the dribble while using spacing for shooters. The only argument for the college route today is the development of guys who dont have an opportunity to play professionally out of HS and for the exposure.

If you are a high school phenom....even if you play aau and live in a state with major talent, you are playing against guys that you are WAY WAY better than..and probably bigger than, taller than.

If you play division one basketball, you're playing against the top certain % of guys in the country....much higher level of competition over ANY high school conference. guys from all over the country and world....with similar height, weight and skill level as your own.

euro league, you might be 15 years old playing against grown men....bigger,stronger, than you are from all over europe.

the plays and offensive sets run in college and or euro ball are more complex than what 99% of high schools run, the 3 line is further back,etc,etc etc
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #39
ballerz
Local High School Star

Quote:

Speak on only what you know. Im not supporting any of the stuff in this thread, but you have no clue what goes on as far as racial profiling & unjust sentences in America.
Sorry but just putting out my opinion. Seems harsh compared to what other celebrities get for their dui's
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #40
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
The story here is the judge.

She does this to all marijuana possesion and DUI cases.

Execpt when here Daughter got a DIU and MIP at college, she asked that judge to go easy on her and the result was a slap on the wrist.

Same judge is currently being sued for the wrngful termination of the clerk who allegedly leaked the info about her Daughter.

Interesting stuff...

For a second I thought Rose was being sentenced by Asadoorian, who is just the same when it comes to these things.

And wow regarding Small, I didn't know. Says it all, really.

Also, to the dude complaining about Oakland County and Bloomfield Hills, you shouldn't have been driving on a suspended license in the first place.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #41
bd#1pguard
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
For a second I thought Rose was being sentenced by Asadoorian, who is just the same when it comes to these things.

And wow regarding Small, I didn't know. Says it all, really.

Also, to the dude complaining about Oakland County and Bloomfield Hills, you shouldn't have been driving on a suspended license in the first place.

please share with us how it is to be a resident of oakland county?
bd#1pguard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: