Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #31
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How important is Caron Butler to the Dallas Mavericks?

trade piece to get youger
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #32
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
trade piece to get youger

Nah. The Mavs should be in all out championship mode for the next 2 to 3 years. Then blow the whole thing up and be horrible for a couple years and rebuild.

Either that, or find a way to get Howard, CP3, Deron....or some young stud. I don't see that being likely. Not this year anyway.

The Mavs should sign butler to a reasonable 3 or 4 year deal. We should pay Chandler as well. Then go from there. If JJ is too expensive, so be it. He'll be missed, but he's replaceable....and the Mavs might already have the guy in Roddy to replace him.

The Mavs have too many vets right now in the twilight of their careers to worry about the future. And we already have guys like Brewer, Roddy, Rudy...and potentially JJ with young legs.

Chandler and Butler are hardly old as well. If things go right, the Mavs could contend for the next 3 years.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #33
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
You know the NBA's locked out when Jeff's starting half the damn threads.

what's even more laughable is that his low average threads are better than 95% of the threads posted by ISH posters now
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #34
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
what's even more laughable is that his low average threads are better than 95% of the threads posted by ISH posters now

Yup. It's just a boring time to be an NBA fan. Even without the lockout, the NBA's in a state of flux. The era of Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, etc. is slowly coming to an end, and guys like LeBron, Wade, Durant, Howard, etc. have yet to take push 'em aside and usher in the new era.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #35
Unstoppabull
High School Varsity 12th Man

Unstoppabull has decent reputationUnstoppabull has decent reputation

That's why nobody likes David Stern.
Unstoppabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #36
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

bottom line, Shawn Marion played out of his freaking mind. he talked shit to Lebron and backed it up. he was in that kind of a grove the whole playoffs. I don't think he can in his right mind keep that up. So Mavs need to make an improvement on their roster to stay at the same level. Nothing much easier than bringing back one of their good injured player back. Caron is that guy. Mavs need to sign him. He's good at both ends.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #37
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Nah. The Mavs should be in all out championship mode for the next 2 to 3 years. Then blow the whole thing up and be horrible for a couple years and rebuild.

Either that, or find a way to get Howard, CP3, Deron....or some young stud. I don't see that being likely. Not this year anyway.

The Mavs should sign butler to a reasonable 3 or 4 year deal. We should pay Chandler as well. Then go from there. If JJ is too expensive, so be it. He'll be missed, but he's replaceable....and the Mavs might already have the guy in Roddy to replace him.

The Mavs have too many vets right now in the twilight of their careers to worry about the future. And we already have guys like Brewer, Roddy, Rudy...and potentially JJ with young legs.

Chandler and Butler are hardly old as well. If things go right, the Mavs could contend for the next 3 years.

It is not that easy. All it takes is a season(which I think will be next year) in which the Mavs end up as a 5th seed and go home in Round 1. Then what? You've got a lot of money invested in a team going nowhere. You're fooling yourself if you think guys like Marion, Chandler, Butler, Haywood, & eventually Terry are going to be in demand around the league when the Mavs finally do decide to blow it up.

Im telling you I can only imagine how the 2nd half of the 2010's are going to be for Mavericks fans. You're gonna end up like those Knicks fans who felt we should've blown the team up in 1995, let alone 2000.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #38
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Mavs are more likely to sign JJB and Stevenson than they are to retain Butler.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #39
ThaSwagg3r

I have never thought highly of Caron Butler nor have I ever liked his game. I think the Mavericks would be just fine without him after all they did win the championship without him. The Mavericks should give Corey Brewer some more playing time and let him be the backup SF for Shawn Marion. I feel like he could be a very good role player for the Mavericks. I guess it was hard for him to get PT last season because he was a mid-season signing.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 AM   #40
dallaslonghorn
Local High School Star

dallaslonghorn has decent reputation

He isn't very important at all obviously.

He's an average defender and an average jump-shooter, and it's not like he's very athletic anymore either. He couldn't get into the lane even before he tore his knee.

The only thing he is good at is creating inefficient fade-away jumpers for himself, but really, if the Mavs wanted someone to take a fade-away jumper, they can get just give the ball to Dirk.

Re-signing him should be extremely low on the list of Dallas' priorities.
dallaslonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #41
dallaslonghorn
Local High School Star

dallaslonghorn has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
It is not that easy. All it takes is a season(which I think will be next year) in which the Mavs end up as a 5th seed and go home in Round 1. Then what? You've got a lot of money invested in a team going nowhere. You're fooling yourself if you think guys like Marion, Chandler, Butler, Haywood, & eventually Terry are going to be in demand around the league when the Mavs finally do decide to blow it up.

Im telling you I can only imagine how the 2nd half of the 2010's are going to be for Mavericks fans. You're gonna end up like those Knicks fans who felt we should've blown the team up in 1995, let alone 2000.

The only Mavericks who really matter are Dirk and Tyson Chandler. Dirk is 33 and Chandler is 28. Everyone else is replaceable.

Dallas has a lot of money and a pretty smart GM; this is the third different team they've built around Dirk in the last decade -- there was the Nash/Finley/Dirk teams, the '06 Finals team and this latest one.

The Mavs are going to blow it up when Dirk is no longer capable of being a primary offensive option. But he's not getting any shorter and his jumper isn't getting any worse, so I don't see why he would start declining as a player for a few more years.
dallaslonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #42
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I think the Mavs are more likely to sign JJB and Stevenson than they are to retain Butler.

I fear Stevenson may get the James posey treatment
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #43
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Who knows if they win it all if he did play. With him in, would JJ have the impact he did? Would Terry have the impact he did? Would all the rolw players play above their normal game if he did? I dont think the chemistry would have been what it was if he were in the lineup. He would have been pulling 13-15 shots a game and clearly the role players would not have stepped up like they did.

So to answer the question, he is a good player but not a high priority. Money should be spent elsewhere esp with the acquisition of Fernandez.

^
I
I
I

good shit.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #44
NBAller
Good High School Starter

NBAller has an OK reputation so far

How important is the Mavericks second best player to the Mavericks? Pretty damn important if you want success.

They won the championship without him, yes, this doesn't mean that he's not needed or can't contribute any. I think instead this just shows how good Terry Marion JJ etc all are. Knowing that they're good enough to win the championship without their second best player, adding him back would only do them better. Plus now they have Fernandez. I think the Mavericks just got better skill-wise. Can't say the same for their chemistry.
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #45
spacebump
I hit open layups

spacebump has decent reputation

The Mavs played very good with Caron, right before he and Dirk went down with injuries they were playing amazing team basketball. If you think they were a better team without him you didn't watch the Mavs much in the regular season.
spacebump is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: