Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
OmniStrife
College superstar

Default Steve Nash: "I don't think I will join another team; I prefer to stay in Phoenix."

Quote:
In a press conference hosted by his sponsor, sportswear brand Luyou, Steve Nash stated unequivocally that he won't play in China during the NBA lockout, saying he wants to stay close to his children rather than play in the Chinese Basketball Association, according to China Daily. "Like I said before, if I did not have three children to take care of I would like to come and play in the CBA," Nash told Chinese media in Shanghai Monday.

Nash went on to pay compliments to Yao Ming's charity work as well as Yao's work on the court, and then announced that he thinks it's unlikely he'll change teams in his quest for the so far elusive championship ring.

"Every player wants the ring. We were very close to it many times. Changing teams may be a way. But I don't think I will join another team; I prefer to stay in Phoenix. Hopefully, we can go further next season," said Nash.

I'm sure the "should we trade Nash?" talk won't end with this, but Nash's repeated public expressions of desire to stay in Phoenix, coupled with Suns President Lon Babby referring to him as the "sun, moon and stars of this franchise" makes it highly unlikely Steve Nash ends his career in any uniform other than a purple and orange Phoenix Suns jersey. I like to take balanced views of things, to see issues rationally and practically, with all their associated complexity and nuance. But, in this case? Nope. I want Steve Nash to play for the Suns for as long as possible, and that's all there is to it.

source: http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...other#comments
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Jasi
Quality?

Default Re: Steve Nash: "I don't think I will join another team; I prefer to stay in Phoenix."

Chapeau.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
blablabla

Default Re: Steve Nash: "I don't think I will join another team; I prefer to stay in Phoenix."

blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
bagelred
Weird

It could be true, but what would you expect Nash to say? He's being the loyal team guy.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
greensborohill
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
It could be true, but what would you expect Nash to say? He's being the loyal team guy.

Is he?

greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Steve Nash not looking to go overseas during lockout

Like everyone else, he'd be interested in playing in China... but family obligations want to keep him closer to home:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8078
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill
Is he?

the Suns gave him a crazy good deal. Nobody else thought he was worth it at the time and it made sense for the Mavs to let him walk.

the only thing I can begrudge him for it the rapid fire way that whole deal went down.

other than that, Cuban was not going to match the deal the Suns gave him.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
hoop_soup
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Steve Nash values his 3 daughters more than extra overseas money

This is an obvious misquote. He has 2 daughters and 1 son, not 3 daughters. Are you sure they were speaking to Steve Nash?
hoop_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Nash you're going to be the next John Stockton.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
ThaSwagg3r

Loyal and stupid at the same time.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Steve Nash values his 3 daughters more than extra overseas money

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop_soup
This is an obvious misquote. He has 2 daughters and 1 son, not 3 daughters. Are you sure they were speaking to Steve Nash?

Well, source was China Daily. Lost in translation, I guess
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
Loyal and stupid at the same time.

dude has totaled over 100 million dollars according to BBR and has made the most of his abilities despite not being an athletic freak like many in the league. Championships are the team-goal, but I'd hardly say he's "stupid" for wanting to play where he wants to play regardless. If anybody is stupid... it's been the Suns management of the last 5 or so years, they are lucky Nash has a liking for Phoenix IMO.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Maniak
TJ Warren

What a legend.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Steve Nash not looking to go overseas during lockout

i don't know whats up with Phx but players seem to like it there
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
dude has totaled over 100 million dollars according to BBR and has made the most of his abilities despite not being an athletic freak like many in the league. Championships are the team-goal, but I'd hardly say he's "stupid" for wanting to play where he wants to play regardless. If anybody is stupid... it's been the Suns management of the last 5 or so years, they are lucky Nash has a liking for Phoenix IMO.
This +1 sometimes its not all about the glory, if he's happy were he is good for him, Im sure its hard to be away from family and its nice to see not everyone wants to ring chase PHX had its time. Nash actually is a pretty classy and funny dude also. props
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: