Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Admit it: Who still plays Pokemon?

Which games do you have and how far are you?

I recently got into Pokemon right before my current deployment. I got myself a copy of Pokemon Black and a DS so I can kill some time while deployed. I also have Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Platinum, and Pearl that i used to play a long time ago. In Pokemon Black, I finished the whole game, I'm just collecting pokemon and leveling up.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
AznTacoLover
College superstar

AznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAznTacoLover is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Admit it: Who still plays Pokemon?

The 2nd gen;silver,gold,crystal was my favorite being able to go back to kanto was tight.Also like what they've done with black doesn't feel like the same old recycle game.With inbattle moving sprites,etc
AznTacoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beat Pokemon White a couple weeks ago. It's actually a really good game it's just that most of the Pokemon are trash

I've played at least one Pokemon game from every generation
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Came back to Pokemon in a big way when Diamond and Pearl came out. Played it religiously for months on end, even hardcore (or sad, either is good ) enough to go on some random Pokemon forums full of anime nuts to look for wifi battles etc. Couldn't get enough of battling!

Got to the point where all my free time was dedicated to Pokemon. I'd plan battle strategies and execute them, and feel like a champ whenever I won. I was 20-21 when I was playing this, and I just had one of them sit down moments when you think "what the **** are you actually doing?". Beating up on 12 year old Japanese kids can only be rewarding for so long....

So I haven't played for a good year and a half to 2 years now. I know if I came back and started playing it wouldn't give me the same enjoyment anymore, as I just can't be bothered learning another new set of monsters, or however many new generations there are now.

This was before I got a 360. The rest is history now, most of my gaming is either on there or on my laptop. Reading all this stuff back makes me realise I could have done much better things with my time than dedicate all my free time to what is essentially a kids game, though there is enough detail in the DS generation Pokemon games to make it enjoyable for adults too. Pokemon battles became a science in Diamond/Pearl! IV training, natures, item holding etc. Think that's what made it appeal to me so much. It wasn't just pick a move, yay, electric beats water type deal like the original games.

I might get clowned for this post, but hey, I could have been doing worse things.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i want to play Black and/or White.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I played through Blue on an emulator way back in the day. It was a fun game. I think I tried the very next version but just stopped part way through it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

I played Pokemon Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, and Diamond.

When I was little, I got hooked onto Pokemon because my childhood friends were also playing that. I remember back then I made a big tandrum towards my parents, because I was the only kid who didn't have a Gameboy. During Christmas, I got a Special Edition Gameboy Color. (because it has a Pikachu on it) I began playing Pokemon Silver, and after I beat it I got yellow. Beat Pokemon Crystal too, it was basically like Gold/Silver but with some added storylines. Catching a Suicune that didn't flee like the others was awesome. Not to mention I did link battles with my friends all the time. I lost my Color a couple years later, but I think someone stole it. He wouldn't admit it though.

After a couple years of Pokemonless, I got a Gameboy Advance SP afterwards, and played Emerald. Beat the game as well The Battle Frontier was really addicting. I breed some Pokemon, I think I used Metagross, Salamence and my Blaziken for most of the battles. I remember the moment when I beat Pyramid King Brandon with my Salamence, by Rock Sliding them all to death. Finally beat the whole Battle Frontier, was so proud of myself.

2007, I got a Nintendo DS and got in Pokemon Diamond. Beat the game. Got addicted to the Battle Tower, and got triple digit win steaks in the battle tower. I breed and trained some high quality Pokemon, for 3 on 3s in the tower, I favorite lineup was Infernape, Gyarados, Garchomp. I've had lineups like Uxie, Mesprit, Garchomp too. Or Starmie, Salamence, Metagross.
The 4th generation was also the time when I really got into competitive battling. I rotate Pokemon every now and then, including but not limited to Infernape, Gyarados, Salamence, Metagross, Lucario, Vaporeon.

I even looked at Smogon to learn how to battle competitively, and build my team according to them. I guess I was really serious about this eh?

I stopped there, I didn't buy Platinum, HG/SS.

Basically I played at least a game for 4 generations. Until my high school years. For some reason I lost interest in Pokemon, I just wasn't feeling it anymore, as well as having a busier life. I don't know exactly why, but I guess all things must come to an end. I'm not even gonna bother playing the 5th generation, Black/White, as I don't feel like learning a whole new gen of monsters. And I felt Pokemon was going downhill.

Right now as I look back at myself, I'm like "Why did I even play this lol!"

Good ole days
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Came back to Pokemon in a big way when Diamond and Pearl came out. Played it religiously for months on end, even hardcore (or sad, either is good ) enough to go on some random Pokemon forums full of anime nuts to look for wifi battles etc. Couldn't get enough of battling!

Got to the point where all my free time was dedicated to Pokemon. I'd plan battle strategies and execute them, and feel like a champ whenever I won. I was 20-21 when I was playing this, and I just had one of them sit down moments when you think "what the **** are you actually doing?". Beating up on 12 year old Japanese kids can only be rewarding for so long....

So I haven't played for a good year and a half to 2 years now. I know if I came back and started playing it wouldn't give me the same enjoyment anymore, as I just can't be bothered learning another new set of monsters, or however many new generations there are now.

This was before I got a 360. The rest is history now, most of my gaming is either on there or on my laptop. Reading all this stuff back makes me realise I could have done much better things with my time than dedicate all my free time to what is essentially a kids game, though there is enough detail in the DS generation Pokemon games to make it enjoyable for adults too. Pokemon battles became a science in Diamond/Pearl! IV training, natures, item holding etc. Think that's what made it appeal to me so much. It wasn't just pick a move, yay, electric beats water type deal like the original games.

I might get clowned for this post, but hey, I could have been doing worse things.
You battled competitively? lol
Old 07-23-2011, 02:24 AM   #9
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
You battled competitively? lol

Like a boss.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 AM   #10
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i played red and blue religiously.. (missingno!)
played a bit of yellow
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

That's one thing I'm so annoyed with is IV's EV training, natures, breeding etc. It becomes such a chore to try to come up with one good pokemon with the optimal IV/EV/Nature/Ability, let alone 5 other pokemon to create a competitive team. I tried doing all that stuff before but I lost the patience so I just play for fun. On Black, My team consists of Volcarona, Metagross, Tyranitar, Sawk, and Samaurott(Water starter) ranging between lv 80 and 100(Volcarona being lv 100... That thing's a boss unless it's hit by a strong rock move).
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
That's one thing I'm so annoyed with is IV's EV training, natures, breeding etc. It becomes such a chore to try to come up with one good pokemon with the optimal IV/EV/Nature/Ability, let alone 5 other pokemon to create a competitive team. I tried doing all that stuff before but I lost the patience so I just play for fun. On Black, My team consists of Volcarona, Metagross, Tyranitar, Sawk, and Samaurott(Water starter) ranging between lv 80 and 100(Volcarona being lv 100... That thing's a boss unless it's hit by a strong rock move).
Yeah I don't know any of those....

I think there's something called PokeSav that lets you create your own Pokemon. As long as it's "legal hacking"(like if none of its IVs are over 31), it's permitted. But yeah, breeding sucked, I breed an Infernape and a Garchomp, that was about it.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I come back to it every couple years it seems, and play thru either gold/silver or red/blue/leafgreen.

the newer ones just don't do it for me though

Im like half way thru Gold I think but I stopped playing a few months ago... nothing like the original for me
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #14
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Yeah I don't know any of those....

I think there's something called PokeSav that lets you create your own Pokemon. As long as it's "legal hacking"(like if none of its IVs are over 31), it's permitted. But yeah, breeding sucked, I breed an Infernape and a Garchomp, that was about it.

Volcarona: Fire/Bug looks like a satanic sun flower head; just under legendary tier really high SpA, SpD, and Speed. Amazing Special Sweeper

Sawk: Fighting type very similar to Machamp

Samaurott: Water starter

I breed my Volcarona and Metagross with a Ditto in attempt to get the optimal nature. Lost patience considering how long it takes a to hatch.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I played Pokemon Yellow recently. Had to use game shark cheats to get all of them though. Made every Pokemon in yellow that you can get w/o trades >lvl 50. I still have to do the Gameshark Pokemon ones. I did this all w/o rare candy.
Killbot is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: