Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up

Ricky Rubio knows that physical NBA point guards can pound into him if he remains a skinny kid, so he's looking to bulk up.

Read this quick item: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8088

How important is strength when you're an NBA point guard?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up

Not very, I'd imagine. Bulk even less so.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected poster

Not as important as big men, but you still need it. It's a physically demanding game.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Obvious decision.

That's like a homeless person looking to get money.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's very important for a PG.

The way these guys drive today, Westbrook, Rose, Evans, Paul, Williams etc. they all bump you on the way to the rim.
ZenMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

His listed weight is 190, pretty average for a point. Only stocky point guards like Deron Williams and Kidd weigh more.

Weight doesn't matter at all. Payton and Stockton were some of the scrawniest guys in the league.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

o dear god, this will make his jumpshot even worse
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't really call the move from Barcelona to Minnesota a "leap".
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I wouldn't really call the move from Barcelona to Minnesota a "leap".

If you're ONLY considering the size, attractiveness, and culture, of the city.... then no, Barcelona to Minnesota is not a leap.

if you consider the difference between professional Barcelona basketball and professional Minneapolis basketball, in terms of its physicality and overall athleticism and skill, then yeah I'd say its one hell of a leap.

BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
o dear god, this will make his jumpshot even worse

Can it really get worse??
Old 07-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
DCL
NBA lottery pick

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

nobody cares about this bust.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
nobody cares about this bust.

Calling someone a bust before they play a minute in the NBA is flat-out silly. Yeah he might be a bust.... but until he plays in the NBA saying such things is just ignorant trolling.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
DCL
NBA lottery pick

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Calling someone a bust before they play a minute in the NBA is flat-out silly. Yeah he might be a bust.... but until he plays in the NBA saying such things is just ignorant trolling.

FYI, this is a fking basketball message board.

if you dont like a basketball opinion, you're in the wrong place.

if you think he's guaranteed star, i can use your same stupid logic as being an ignorant troll because that's just retarded.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
FYI, this is a fking basketball message board.

if you dont like a basketball opinion, you're in the wrong place.

if you think he's guaranteed star, i can use your same stupid logic as being an ignorant troll because that's just retarded.

1.) I'm aware this is a basketball message board... and believe me I can handle people with actual basketball opinions. If you want to go there, my "basketball opinion" that your basketball opinions are ignorant are as just and relevant as yours.

2.) Saying someone is a bust before they play a single NBA game is simply unfounded. Making unbased claims.... ESPECIALLY without any kind of additional insight or explanation.... like you made is one of two things: ignorance, or trolling.

3.) Did I say he would be a guaranteed star?? I don't think so.

Anything else you would like to pull out of your ass and smear all over a reply post??

Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #15
DCL
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
1.) I'm aware this is a basketball message board... and believe me I can handle people with actual basketball opinions. If you want to go there, my "basketball opinion" that your basketball opinions are ignorant are as just and relevant as yours.

2.) Saying someone is a bust before they play a single NBA game is simply unfounded. Making unbased claims.... ESPECIALLY without any kind of additional insight or explanation.... like you made is one of two things: ignorance, or trolling.

3.) Did I say he would be a guaranteed star?? I don't think so.

Anything else you would like to pull out of your ass and smear all over a reply post??

it seems you are still quite delusional and myopic then.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: