Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
twintowers
I hit open layups

twintowers has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: OT: Anyone watch Breaking Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
The Walking Dead > Breaking Bad

twintowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Falling Skies is halfway decent so far.

As for breaking bad, pretty much everyone I know has told me to watch it, and how good it is. I even have the first 3 seasons in my collection on my HD; after having downloaded it for a friend I kept it.

For some reason though, I've never gotten around to watching it. Other than the 2 or 3 episodes I saw parts of when flipping channels, I've never even seen it

One of these days I will get around to it!

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 07-31-2011 at 09:32 AM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I recently watched the first season of Breaking Bad but nothing there incited me to continue watching. I can see how the concept sold a lot of people and there is nothing wrong the acting and overall production and such, but the story is not engaging at all.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I recently watched the first season of Breaking Bad but nothing there incited me to continue watching. I can see how the concept sold a lot of people and there is nothing wrong the acting and overall production and such, but the story is not engaging at all.

The first season is very slow, I'll give you that. You won't be singing the same tune if you keep watching. To me, it honestly doesn't get "incredible" until the end of season two.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Breaking Bad is a good show, but I'll take Mad Men as the best show on TV right now. The Walking Dead has a good premise, but it's got a long, long way to go before you can put it in Breaking Bad or Mad Men's league.

And yes, The Wire was the greatest show of all time.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Breaking Bad is a good show, but I'll take Mad Men as the best show on TV right now. The Walking Dead has a good premise, but it's got a long, long way to go before you can put it in Breaking Bad or Mad Men's league.

And yes, The Wire was the greatest show of all time.
i tried to watch the wire but i couldnt get past two episodes , i guess its not foe everyone

and i think walking dead is more entertaining but not as good as breaking bad
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #22
WadeBronDonJuan
Kids at the park dunk on me

WadeBronDonJuan is considered somewhat coolWadeBronDonJuan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i tried to watch the wire but i couldnt get past two episodes , i guess its not foe everyone

Believe it or not, but that is a common thing with people that have watched The Wire. The first 2 to 3 episodes of the show are extremely slow, and even I stopped watching after the 2nd episode, only to give it a shot and get hooked.

If you're a fan of TV in the smallest sense, do yourself a favor and go back and try again. You'll be hooked by episode 5.
WadeBronDonJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #23
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

The Wire isn't an episodic show. It's not a show you can't just watch an episode of to get it. Watch the first season and then see what you think. The main mistake people make when first watching The Wire is that they expect an action show. It's a drama that's focus is character and narrative. You have to be able to enjoy dialogue. It's a show that's about the decay of the modern American city and the effect that has on the people.

I think you almost can't even count The Walking Dead yet. They haven't done anything. The show has thrown out a lot of plots, but nothing has been completed yet. The true test of a show being good or not is if it can start, build and execute a continuing story well. We just don't know about The Walking Dead yet.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #24
WadeBronDonJuan
Kids at the park dunk on me

WadeBronDonJuan is considered somewhat coolWadeBronDonJuan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
The Wire isn't an episodic show. It's not a show you can't just watch an episode of to get it. Watch the first season and then see what you think. The main mistake people make when first watching The Wire is that they expect an action show. It's a drama that's focus is character and narrative. You have to be able to enjoy dialogue. It's a show that's about the decay of the modern American city and the effect that has on the people.

I think you almost can't even count The Walking Dead yet. They haven't done anything. The show has thrown out a lot of plots, but nothing has been completed yet. The true test of a show being good or not is if it can start, build and execute a continuing story well. We just don't know about The Walking Dead yet.

Well said.

The Walking Dead has a ton of potential and the Pilot was fantastic. In my opinion, however, it took a huge nosedive. The finale was underwhelming to say the least. A six-episode season isn't going to cut it. The trailer for Season 2 is fantastic though, so hopefully getting all new writers will help the show.
WadeBronDonJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #25
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

I think Breaking Bad is one of the best shows I have ever seen. Definitely the #1 show on TV right now.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #26
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Definitely the #1 show on TV right now.

Nah, Mad Men is the tops right now. It has almost 10 characters that are fleshed out and can carry a storyline, has continually nailed the 1960's era better than just about any other movie or tv show ever has and does everything with dialogue and character development. They don't have violence to rely on for moving the plot. If Mad Men can stay as good as it's been so far through it's final seasons, it'll rival The Wire as the best show ever.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #27
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eh.....I like the prequel to this show better....called Remaining Good
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #28
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I was watching Conan and the main guy from breaking bad was on and I knew he looked familiar. I realized he's Tim Wattley (sp?) from Seinfeld!!!

Also, I really wanna start watching it, it's supposedly amazing.

I can't wait for House to start up again. That's my favorite show right now.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #29
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I was watching Conan and the main guy from breaking bad was on and I knew he looked familiar. I realized he's Tim Wattley (sp?) from Seinfeld!!!

Or "The Father from Malcolm in the Middle"?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #30
Ronin
Kid Clutch x 35

Ronin has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
The Walking Dead > Breaking Bad

walking dead wasn't bad but you should never compare that to breaking bad
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: