Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #151
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Choosing your college team is WHOLE lot different then choosing a pro team. I dont know how you cant see that.

So the only way to choose your college team is if someone in your family goes there or if you go there? Kind of tough for a 12/13 year old, don't you think? Especially considering my family came over here a few months before I was born, so no one obviously got into UCLA, or any other UC or CSU because they didn't know English that well along with the customs of the 'States.

Oh well, guess I can't be a college fan then and I'm nothing but a bandwagon fan
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #152
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So the only way to choose your college team is if someone in your family goes there or if you go there? Kind of tough for a 12/13 year old, don't you think? Especially considering my family came over here a few months before I was born, so no one obviously got into UCLA, or any other UC or CSU because they didn't know English that well.

Oh well, guess I can't be a college fan then and I'm nothing but a bandwagon fan

Yep...I did it. My mom went to some random college and my dad went to university of london. I didnt root for A&M until I was a junior when my brother attended and now I do.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #153
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Yep...I did it. My mom went to some random college and my dad went to university of london. I didnt root for A&M until I was a junior when my brother attended and now I do.

So because you decided to wait to see where you go to cheer for a certain school, means if someone else starts cheering for a certain school at the age of 12/13..they are a bandwagon fan?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #154
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
So because you decided to wait to see where you go to cheer for a certain school, means if someone else starts cheering for a certain school at the age of 12/13..they are a bandwagon fan?

Uhhh yes...They are just a T-shirt bandwagon fan.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #155
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Ok...whatever makes you feel better
Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #156
qrich
King Heno

Should be a tough game vs Memphis. Westbrook needs to stay out of foul trouble and stick with Rose and our bigs can't get into foul trouble. Won't be easy by any means...I say a 3 possession game at the most unless one team just comes out on fire and the other is ice cold.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #157
qrich
King Heno

Well, I didn't catch the game, but looks like we lost. Howland is one hell of a coach but dude needs to learn to finish it and win the whole thing. I know 3 consecutive Final Fours is a tough feat to accomplish, but no one going to remember if we don't win it all.

Someone tell me a recap of the game?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #158
qrich
King Heno

Yahoo's Bruin Notes:

Quote:
Notes, Quotes

Preseason Goals: Yes, the backcourt rotation will be interesting and UCLA, as usual, has the athletes to be pure pests on defense. But there isn’t a Kevin Love on the team to gobble rebounds and toss outlet passes. Alfred Aboya, James Keefe and freshman Drew Gordon have to mesh quickly as the new frontcourt rotation to make it all work.

2007-08 Final Record: 35-4, 16-2, first in Pac-10 Conference.

What Went Right: The Bruins reached the Final Four for the third straight season, the first UCLA squad to do so in 32 years. UCLA dominated a beefed-up Pac-10, winning the title by a three-game margin over runner-up Stanford, then capturing the league tournament title, as well. Freshman center Kevin Love was a marvel from the start, averaging 17.5 points and 10.6 rebounds, and sophomore guard Russell Westbrook (12.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 4.3 apg) capably replaced departed star Arron Afflalo as a standout at both ends of the floor.

What Went Wrong: UCLA lost in the Final Four for the third straight season, the first time that’s happened since Duke in 1988-90. The Bruins’ depth was stripped down by early-season injuries, and the team struggled offensively at times. Junior Josh Shipp, their best perimeter shooter, couldn’t find the basket from 3-point range much of March and beyond.

Quote To Note: “We are very fortunate to have three seniors in our program this upcoming season in Darren Collison, Josh Shipp and Alfred Aboya. They will be the three guys leading us into next season.”—UCLA coach Ben Howland

Strategy And Personnel

The Good News: Coach Ben Howland has the UCLA machine rolling again. Players will come and go, but the Bruins seem here to stay, at least for the forseeable future. Defense and toughness have become staples again at Pauley Pavilion. UCLA recruited well, with four top prospects already signed. Leading the way is All-America guard Jrue Holiday of nearby North Hollywood.

The Bad News: Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook decided to enter the NBA draft. Junior Luc Richard Mbah a Moute chose to try the NBA, too. Darren Collison stayed, but Chace Stanback didn’t—he decided to transfer.

Key Returnees:
The losses can’t be glossed over, but Collison and Josh Shipp are still around to give the Bruins a starting point and experienced guards. The other stars of the Bruins’ show next season could well be freshmen.

• J’Mison Morgan officially committed to UCLA from Louisiana State. Morgan, a 6-10, 250-pound center from Dallas signed a letter of intent to play at LSU but reconsidered when John Brady was fired and replaced by former Stanford coach Trent Johnson.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...pe=team_report

Good luck to Stanback @ UNLV, I was hoping he would stay, but he wouldn't have gotten much burn. Can't wait to see Jrue Holiday in a Bruin jersey.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #159
qrich
King Heno

2008/09 Schedule Released!!

Non-Conference Schedule:
Nov 12 vs Prairie View A&M
Nov 13 vs winner of Weber St. vs Miami-Ohio*
Nov 20 vs winner of Ann-Arbor Region
Nov 21 will be Consolation/Championship of CvC*
Nov 29 vs Florida International
Dec 4th at Texas
Dec 7th vs Cal-State Northridge
Dec 13th vs DePaul
Dec 17th vs Loyola Marymount
Dec 20th vs Mercer
Dec 23rd vs Wyoming
Dec 28th vs Louisiana Tech
Feb 7th vs Notre Dame
*Denotes potential Tournament games in Coaches vs Cancer
Old 10-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #160
Hawker
Banned

Maybe yall wont pay the refs this year.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #161
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
2008/09 Schedule Released!!

Non-Conference Schedule:
Nov 12 vs Prairie View A&M
Nov 13 vs winner of Weber St. vs Miami-Ohio*
Nov 20 vs winner of Ann-Arbor Region
Nov 21 will be Consolation/Championship of CvC*
Nov 29 vs Florida International
Dec 4th at Texas
Dec 7th vs Cal-State Northridge
Dec 13th vs DePaul
Dec 17th vs Loyola Marymount
Dec 20th vs Mercer
Dec 23rd vs Wyoming
Dec 28th vs Louisiana Tech
Feb 7th vs Notre Dame
*Denotes potential Tournament games in Coaches vs Cancer
Is the Texas and/or Notre Dame games nationally televised?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #162
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Maybe yall wont pay the refs this year.

Maybe your ***** team won't .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Is the Texas and/or Notre Dame games nationally televised?

Both probably will be. Notre Dame will probably be on FSN. The CVC tournament will be on CBS, so it'll be fun seeing the potential UCLA and Duke game.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #163
Hawker
Banned

We were never put in the position to choke b/c the refs never gave us that blatant call. You cant admit that we shouldnt have got two foul shots. If we miss those, fine we choked. But we didnt choke. Sloan got two hands to his arms making it absolutely impossible (unless there was a wind that would carry the ball into the net) to score.

Dont give me no, "end of game" or "home court advantage" bs. We deserved two foul shots. End of story.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #164
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
My dad didn't go to college. My mom only went to community college. I've grown up about 5 mins from Temple University and have been a fan since I was a kid. Now I'm a freshman there, yet I was only a T-shirt bandwagon fan up until this year?

Don't see your logic here.

Sorry I'm really late on this.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #165
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
My dad didn't go to college. My mom only went to community college. I've grown up about 5 mins from Temple University and have been a fan since I was a kid. Now I'm a freshman there, yet I was only a T-shirt bandwagon fan up until this year?

Don't see your logic here.

Sorry I'm really late on this.

Uhhhhh..yes. No connection to the university...t-shirt fan.

Congrats on being accepted.

Glad to see someone who follows a school actually tries in school to do what they need to do to be accepted. You're a model for all t-shirt fans out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: