Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #376
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official UCLA Bruins Thread:

I don't mean to upset beer or any other UCLA fan here, but really thinking about it, other than history and location (which is a lot, I realize), UCLA's fairly behind the curve as a top tier program. Insanely high standards, facilities are below average, the current administration's not all that hyped on athletics, public school in a bankrupt state, the fan support's so fair weathered it's ridiculous.

If you made a list of pros/cons of their program and took the name "UCLA" off the top of it people really wouldn't be all that impressed.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #377
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Would've preferred Bobby Braswell over this sack of shit. Braswell did as well as he could with the Matadors considering he had zero support from anyone above him, a shitty arena, and trouble recruiting as a result. If he had anything that UCLA would give him at his disposal, he would do a great job. He did a solid job recruiting considering and even got CSUN into the Big Dance, nearly upsetting Memphis back in 02.

But hey, we are stuck with this sack of shit.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #378
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't mean to upset beer or any other UCLA fan here, but really thinking about it, other than history and location (which is a lot, I realize), UCLA's fairly behind the curve as a top tier program. Insanely high standards, facilities are below average, the current administration's not all that hyped on athletics, public school in a bankrupt state, the fan support's so fair weathered it's ridiculous.

If you made a list of pros/cons of their program and took the name "UCLA" off the top of it people really wouldn't be all that impressed.

I agree with all of this but the bolded needs to be stressed. they just don't care about sports.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 AM   #379
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
I agree with all of this but the bolded needs to be stressed. they just don't care about sports.
which as a sports fan is frustrating I know, but honestly good. Purdue's the same way, I hate it more often than not, but I understand and respect it. Purdue's athletic department may as well be a separate entity, they're completely self financed. Priorities one through one thousand for university heads should be academics, I wish every school operated like that.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #380
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

do you mean academically?

is there really a big difference between different schools, in what athletes they will let in?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #381
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
do you mean academically?

is there really a big difference between different schools, in what athletes they will let in?
No, I mean for the basketball program. There's only a handful of schools where academic admission standards really matter.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #382
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

I think the Alford hiring only confirms what we have already known for a long time now.

To UCLA's credit, I really think they tried to find the best out there and either no one was available to fill the position or willing to take the job. I think this firing/hiring combination was really a forced hand by UCLA because Howland had to go, plain and simple. However, it's gotten to the point where the UCLA job is just not a job worth chasing or leaving a good situation for.

Alford jumping ship before those who don't follow college ball regularly realize that he's basically a lateral move for UCLA
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #383
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

UCLA to face Duke in late December at MSG

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...90798806409217

UCLA starting home and home with Alabama

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...46610384470016

UCLA to play in Vegas Invitational

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2013...-invitational/
Old 06-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #384
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

So Korey McCray is joining the LSU coaching staff.

UCLA fans, is he legit?
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #385
qrich
King Heno

Wanaah Bail is a Bruin....a waste of a scholarship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
So Korey McCray is joining the LSU coaching staff.

UCLA fans, is he legit?

He'll boost the recruiting. Was key in getting Jordan Adams & Tony Parker
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: